Ruling 6 cards in a deck????

tc19930815

Aspiring Member
did the japanese official website said that we can have 6cards with the same name in a deck???or it is only for the prerealeases???

http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/entry/071012_177.html

RE: 6 cards in a deck??

In prereleases you can include as many cards of the same name you want, as long as you got those in packs...

Japan always makes those strange formats, but seriously, I don't think we are getting that format here.

Our format is 4 cards with the same name unless you have LVX's or EX's I think,:)

xxashxx said:
Our format is 4 cards with the same name unless you have LVX's or EX's I think,:)

In our format, we can only play 4 cards with the same name including pokemon-ex & LV X pokemon(who will play more than 2 LV X pokemon with the same name in the deck) except for Basic Energy cards...

Level X are treated as having the same name. EX are not, as EX is considered to be part of the name.

Limit 4 of same name except on basic energy.

Okay...
You can have only FOUR cards of the same name (If the name is different, then they are counted as different cards, if the names are the same, the cards are EQUIVALENT no matter what other stuff are on it, like potato chip crumbs or a few drops of your lemonade :p)
The only exceptions are for BASIC ENERGY CARDS, where you can have as much as 59 in your deck.
And for prereleases, where there is no limit (I would suggest you ask your organiser about this rule, as a form of clarification)

IF you can have more than 4 of a certain card in a deck, it is only possible in prereleases. It is totally dependent on the prerelease tournaments organizer. I don't know if they have different forced rulings for prereleases in Japan. I know many tournament organizer in US let the players have more than 4 of a certain card in prerelease tournament decks. Some keep the rule of no more than 4 in a single deck.

If you have doubt, ask your tournament organizer. It varies.

If you want to know what it says in the Japanese wabsite, you'll have to ask for someone who knows Japanese to translate it for you. (I can't do it cause the site won't let me copy the text)

Edit: Ok... From the site, so far I got... For a 30 card half deck battle+field+join/Pokemon cards ::something, something, above:: 4 per deck insert. For a 60 card starter deck battle+field+join (the bench?)/Pokemon cards ::something, something, above:: 6 per deck insert. (I found the character meanings for the "something,something" but can't make sense of them :/... I suck at japanese so ... Blah... I'm interested in this too now. Some japanese speaking person should come and help us out :p)

It could be a new ruling about using Eevees in a deck :/ Maybe they'll let people have 6 Eevees/deck (but not it's evolutions). I didn't see anything about an Eevee card especially (appart from the picture) but I'll look through the text again when I get home today. Maybe I missed something critical.

Back