#4: Is intelligent design a viable argument for the existence of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evolution on a microscopic level is quick but on a the bigger scale, It takes 100,000s of years to evolve into a relatively new being.

Primates never evolved as they are suited to their environment not because they are slow at evolving

Primates evolved due to the environment changing and the best for the species relative to them.

Primates stood on two legs, so they didn't evolve to stand up on all 'for'

I am sure primates didn't strive on wanting to become someone who can make clothing.

Hair does not fall of if you are evolving but the gene that creates hair growth in certain areas are not needed so evolution 'scraps' it

This is most of the stuff you had written wrong. If you are going to argue evolution, please know more about it than your opposition

kashmaster said:
Evolution on a microscopic level is quick but on a the bigger scale but on a the bigger scale, It takes 100,000s of years to evolve into a relatively new being.

-For humans and other species, it takes thousands of years. Only singled-celled organisms can evolve "quick". Which one are we talking about? Oh yeah, humans evolving from primates. To complete the process, it far from "quick".

Primates never evolved as they are suited to their environment not because they are slow at evolving

-This is called "common ancestor to human" evolution, thus taking features from one organism, and adding it to another to build and build into a fully grown, more intelligent creature, and still having the same form today.

Primates evolved due to the environment changing and the best for the species relative to them.

-This is only part of it, they were the most intelligent of their time, and having the skills to do tasks other animals couldn't, their desire to learn adapted them to grow in ways to make work easier

Primates stood on two legs, so they didn't evolve to stand up on all 'for'

-They used to stand on all fours, and as you can see they still do. The primate has itself "evolved" from it's ancestors to walk both ways.

I am sure primates didn't strive on wanting to become someone who can make clothing.

-This is completely false, they wanted to learn more and more things. Learning tools, new hunting methods. This learning is what makes the desire to where somewhat of a "clothing" over time

Hair does not fall of if you are evolving but the gene that creates hair growth in certain areas are not needed so evolution 'scraps' it

-Which leads from my last answer. When they found ways to have something of a covering, evolution "scapped" it away because they had another type of substance warming their bodies.

This is most of the stuff you had written wrong. If you are going to argue evolution, please know more about it than your opposition

-If I didn't know enough about it, why am I still agueing with you and have responded to each and every "Flaw" you had brought up, and had an anwer to still argue with it?

You have yet to make a statement on why we should believe in Religion instead of hard facts...

^^This making no sense to me at all, especially since you're aguing with me that my theory is wrong.

kashmaster said:
Is evolution a fact though? It is only a fact when everyone accepts it.
Don't have time.

Wrong.

Everyone accepting something doesn't make it fact.

Science is not a democracy.

Just wanted to say that.

EDIT: about your vid. 1st of all, notice how comments are disabled, just notice it, all I'm asking.
2nd of all, anyone, and I mean anyone, can take any prediction and change it into something which happened today, it's not that hard to do, as long as you're vague enough. I know TheAmazingAtheist (but I'm not going to link to him because I don't like him, despite his arguments not being bad or anything, he also uses some foul language.) once made a vague "prediction" and asked people to find events which seemed to correspond with this, and they found a lot of 'em.

Most of this stuff, when placed in context, also makes little to no sense anymore. Seriously, why would the Qur'an even mention the sun not being stationary, but moving slightly? What's the point of this? Why would anything as silly as that be mentioned in there?
The verse also mentions the "creation of night and day", which seems way out of context if you interpreted like Dr. Zakir Naik. A more logical interpretation (and one you'll find in the qur'an numerous times) is that God made the Sun circle the Earth, and thereby creating night and day.
Also, the rotation of the Earth is not mentioned here, which would be worth noting, if you're going to talk about night and day...

Heavens and Earth splitting apart, with the "Heavens" being infinitely big and the "Earth" being infinitely small and located within these "Heavens"? That seems like a rather farfetch'd definition of the Big Bang (and a contradiction to your version of creation as well, as this would mean that God's purpose was just to guide nature, into, I donno, evolution. I've already shown how adding a deity to a fully functional independent process like Evolution only overcomplicates stuff, and would just be silly. I hope you remember this.)
The more logical interpretation of this paragraph would be that there was once Heaven on Earth, but God split them (reference to the Adam and Eve story or something, probably). I'd have to look up the context, but I doubt it even mentions the universe there.

Also, lol, regions with a lot of mountains have a lot of Earthquakes, as they are located where plates collide. How in the world would they prevent the Earth from shaking?

We are created mostly out of carbon-based molecules. The 1st Bacteria-like creatures formed in water, and life consist mostly out of water, and water is necessary for life, but we did not grow out of water.

And wow, the Qur'an mentions animals, wow, I'm shocked.

Finding random quotes in a book full of vague ones and linking them to recent scientific discoveries is a piece of cake, and fails to prove anything. This is all a big bunch of silly quote-mining.

Hope I helped.

Alright, I know how wrong this is, but it's hilarious.

evolution.jpg

Let's keep the childish spam to a minimum please. We don't want this turning into a huge flame war due to one person's irrational decision.

I'm Catholic and TBH, I found it quite funny. As he said, its a pokemon forum, take it as a joke, nothing more. :)

Out of all the possible anti religious stuff out there, that's probably one of the least offensive.

ok listen to this:

Mass=time+Space

Where is mass?Space
When is Mass?Time

Time and space did'nt evolve. Us as human beings live in a world of time and space and with out ethier we don't know how to live.So thats why are thoughts can't think up a outer world and how god created this world.So as us humans do if we can't understand something,sometimes we ignore it.Thats why sciencetists go to evo theroy because the can somewhat understand it.God is a being who doesn't need time in space.Try to think of something that needs nethier.You can't right?Get my point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back