Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has revealed several cards from Astral Radiance on Pokemon.com! In an effort to promote the TCG among fans who don’t normally follow it, they’ve also sent card images to general gaming websites including CBR, Dexerto, Dice Breaker, Eclypsia, Gamebyte, Planet Smarts, and Sports Best News. Some are foreign outlets.
Although some of the cards are in other languages, they help us form the international set list. A huge chunk of cards will be cut from our English set and saved for August’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I really enjoyed opening Brilliant Stars boxes and ETBs compared to the sets before it, because at least the Trainer Gallery cards in the reverse slot made less packs feel like complete duds.

I'm grabbing both versions of the ETBs for those banging box and sleeve designs, and probably a couple of boxes... then I'll buy the remaining singles which I wanted that I didn't pull.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Why couldn't they just dedicate a special set for releasing the remaining Character Rares? Shoving them into the next 4 or so sets is beyond stupid. These people are actually clueless.

Marcia Demme

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping they released Zacian V and Zamazenta V before they rotate this year and I'm happy they're doing it.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
Still too early as of this post, but am happy to see the lineup thus far, kinda hoping Kingdra made it this round, or vmax chu or vmax rayquaza.

Devan

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I'm just hoping Bronzong makes the cut this time. These look good though, I really like the Shadow Rider V

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
"This “shuffling around” will help even out the size of the sets".
They really messed this up with Fusion Strike LOL, I hope another 280+ card set doesn't happen again.
Not the same. Last year we had 3 double sets (Single Strike Master x Rapid Strike Master, Silver Lance x Jet-Black Spirit, Skyscraping Perfection x Blue Sky). Those are the reason we got a inflated set at the end. Aside from Time Gazzer x Space Juggler, there are no other double sets in sight for this year, so we shouldn't have that many cards as being released in comparison.

dineinunes

Still too early as of this post, but am happy to see the lineup thus far, kinda hoping Kingdra made it this round, or vmax chu or vmax rayquaza.
Rayquaza is definitely gonna be kept for Lost Origin. We already know that there's no Gold Rayquaza in the set so it makes 0 sense to release the normal one. Pikachu V/Vmax is also not in this set, we can tell by the numbering of the cards, there's no space for it.

dineinunes

Why couldn't they just dedicate a special set for releasing the remaining Character Rares? Shoving them into the next 4 or so sets is beyond stupid. These people are actually clueless.
I think this is the best approach we could've gotten. It makes much more exciting to open packs, who cares about reverse holos? Much better to open a full art in that slot.

dineinunes

By the numbering of the cards we can already predict a few things:

- 2 item or stadium cards (or a combination of both) will be cut,
- CHR Rapid Strike Malamar and Zeraora V will not be in the gallery,
- We'll get a handful of CHRs only after they have rotated from standard, those incluse Pikachu V/Vmax, Eternatus V/Vmax and Crobat V.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Grow up faster and quit the overexaggeration.

Unless they made it a special set with boosted rates, then no, this is better.

Here CHRs are pretty much bulk cheap. CSRs are on the level of FAs and nothing is rarer than that.

Although I would say that since the majority of the TG is not boosted, it's misleading when people say "boosted pull rates".