(3) New POP 6 Holos, Burger King TCG Promotion, CoroCoro Reveales Platinum Info; Shaymin Sky Forme

the amount of different cards are 12. and 12 different toys/accessories
news story here
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8455746

Is migrating going to be back? That we all can get the Pokemon to fill the Pokedex?:)

RE: (3) New POP 6 Holos, Burger King TCG Promotion, CoroCoro Reveales Platinum Info;

xxashxx said:
Is migrating going to be back? That we all can get the Pokemon to fill the Pokedex?:)
I can't guarantee it, but I would think so. Their goal is to add things not remove things. If it doesn't though can't you just migrate to D/P and trade to Platinum?

Two things: I see a lot of somewhat blind respect for Subway and for locally-run and family-owned businesses. Of course, both have a dark side to them. People just like to blame the big corporations because they're much more visible, and people across the country or the world will know what they're talking about.

What people don't realize is that Subway was deliberately created to be cheap, small, and easy to set up. Subway is unique among the major fast food chains in that it has a division set up mainly to establish new restaurants, so much so that it has a stranglehold on the deli sandwich business. Over the past few years, Subway has had the strange situation if losing sales due to competition from other Subway restaurants too close to each other; that's how bad it's become. (Quizno's is at a distant second, whose sandwiches I prefer...maybe tenfold. If the Pokémon deal happened with Quizno's, it'd be a dream come true. For the record, Blimpie's is in 3rd, and Togo's is in 4th.) On the other hand, their $5 footlong, which, unlike Quizno's copycat deal, actually spans their entire menu, is very tempting.

Locally run businesses can sometimes be even more underhanded than the large companies. They have a reputation for being honest, sincere, and all that other jazz, which means they have a loyal consumer base. And what happens when you have a loyal consumer base? You're free to price-gouge. This can be seen all over Santa Cruz, California, where I'm at right now: There's such an intense hatred of the big corporations that these small businesses can do stuff like sell salads for $16. (This is no exaggeration.) People are loyal to these places and are willing to buy food at these ridiculous prices because the local businesses are scamming them. People place trust in these places that the businesspeople take full advantage of.

Anyway, the reason why Pokémon USA chose Burger King as their chain is because they had previously partnered before and thus Burger King would be the chain most willing. (This isn't to say that Nintendo and Burger King are an icon though, since Mario toys were previously distributed at McDonald's and Wendy's.) Scold them for their fatty foods as much as you want; it doesn't change the fact that a footlong tuna sandwich, even without the cheese, contains more fat than a Whopper.

RE: (3) New POP 6 Holos, Burger King TCG Promotion, CoroCoro Reveales Platinum Info;

i agree puff

Ophie said:
Over the past few years, Subway has had the strange situation if losing sales due to competition from other Subway restaurants too close to each other; that's how bad it's become.
in our small town of 20000 we have 3!!!, 2 within 200meters and 1 2km away

Ophie said:
Two things: I see a lot of somewhat blind respect for Subway and for locally-run and family-owned businesses. Of course, both have a dark side to them. People just like to blame the big corporations because they're much more visible, and people across the country or the world will know what they're talking about.

What people don't realize is that Subway was deliberately created to be cheap, small, and easy to set up. Subway is unique among the major fast food chains in that it has a division set up mainly to establish new restaurants, so much so that it has a stranglehold on the deli sandwich business. Over the past few years, Subway has had the strange situation if losing sales due to competition from other Subway restaurants too close to each other; that's how bad it's become. (Quizno's is at a distant second, whose sandwiches I prefer...maybe tenfold. If the Pokémon deal happened with Quizno's, it'd be a dream come true. For the record, Blimpie's is in 3rd, and Togo's is in 4th.) On the other hand, their $5 footlong, which, unlike Quizno's copycat deal, actually spans their entire menu, is very tempting.

Locally run businesses can sometimes be even more underhanded than the large companies. They have a reputation for being honest, sincere, and all that other jazz, which means they have a loyal consumer base. And what happens when you have a loyal consumer base? You're free to price-gouge. This can be seen all over Santa Cruz, California, where I'm at right now: There's such an intense hatred of the big corporations that these small businesses can do stuff like sell salads for $16. (This is no exaggeration.) People are loyal to these places and are willing to buy food at these ridiculous prices because the local businesses are scamming them. People place trust in these places that the businesspeople take full advantage of.

Anyway, the reason why Pokémon USA chose Burger King as their chain is because they had previously partnered before and thus Burger King would be the chain most willing. (This isn't to say that Nintendo and Burger King are an icon though, since Mario toys were previously distributed at McDonald's and Wendy's.) Scold them for their fatty foods as much as you want; it doesn't change the fact that a footlong tuna sandwich, even without the cheese, contains more fat than a Whopper.
Yea, I just like the way Subway sandwiches taste more than Burger King. The only thing I like at Burger King is there fries.

Mercy said:
xxashxx said:
I can't guarantee it, but I would think so. Their goal is to add things not remove things. If it doesn't though can't you just migrate to D/P and trade to Platinum?

If they do that I am messed over because I only have one DS.:)

Prof. Shinx said:
in our small town of 20000 we have 3!!, 2 within 200meters and 1 2km away

That's pretty amusing. So there are two Subway restaurants within walking distance of each other? (20,000 is a fairly large population for a town though, at least based on my experiences traveling down highways. Most places don't really have a population above 5,000.) While I can't say I've spotted more than two Subway restaurants in Santa Cruz (its population fluctuates wildly due to its university; during times when there are classes, I'd estimate about 35,000 people live there), Los Angeles is packed to the brim with them. I think I've seen two of them on opposite sides of the street.

Nevertheless, Burger King is still a larger franchise than Subway, I think...Subway is pretty hefty among companies, but I'm sure the kids would rather eat a hamburger than a Subway sandwich. Nintendo used to side with McDonald's and put toys for the likes of Super Mario Bros. 3 in Happy Meals, but in 1995, McDonald's signed an exclusivity deal with Disney. Disney movies were massive blockbusters at the time, and thus McDonald's took full advantage of the deal: Their Happy Meals were constantly Disney toys. After Toy Story, Burger King, the #2 burger chain at the time, had to find anything non-Disney popular with the kids, and no doubt non-Disney sponsors for kids meals were pretty annoyed at McDonald's. So Nintendo settled for the next best thing for Pokémon, which is Burger King. The Pokémon toys became one of their biggest success, and they would, by all means, do it again, especially now that Pokémon is back into the mainstream.

Well, that's my hypothesis, at least. I know of the exclusivity deal, and I pieced together the rest out of patterns in Happy Meal and Bk Kids' Club Meal toys, as well as how well the kids meals sold.

Has anyone seen the stuff at their local Burger King? I have seen the add on the Official Pokemon site and even TV commercials, but when I went to my local BK today they were still handing out Indiana Jones toys with the kids meals.

Back