(3) BW Starter Decks, BW Trailers, Play! Pokemon [8/4]

The PP merchandise better be good.

EDIT: Reading over it again, PP just seems exactly like OP but with a different name :/
EDIT2: Only 5th gen Pokemon until the Elite Four is beaten? I don't know whether I should be happy or disappointed.

ElectroKing23 said:
Does this mean we might be getting scans of new pokemon cards soon?

Yes, we usually get the scans right before Prereleases start.

Which is great, because I can't wait to see some of them in English. The B/W Starter decks look cool. I hope we get the trunk cases because they have awesome art. Lol at Play! Pokemon. I don't think they really needed to change the name/logo but that's just me. It doesn't sound like it's different at all. The trailers look good, but I still hate the musicals. It is very refreshing and relieving to know that the game is Isshu only through most of it. It'll be just like the original games over again. :3

dmaster out.

I really hate it when they mix up Pokemon from all different regions. I love how Isshu is (supposedly) based off New York City. Lol, even though I'm a girl, I will never get the girly version of the starter set. I'm more of a tom-boy.

Does this mean I have to say "Play! Pokemon" every time I want to say OP? ... WHY!?!?!? On-topic, I don't see the use of changing the name. It's just gonna make trash talk about Play! Pokemon funnier.

"I just lost because of time. Well that's Play! Pokemon's fault." =P It's kinda good that 5th gen pokemon will appear at the begginning, but then again I have to check my Pokemon's stats on Serebii before I can teach Bite to a Special Sweeper type of pokemon.

Fifth generation Pokémon only for the beginning of the game gives me the feeling this generation can be one of the best. I expect we'll get a fair amount of fire type Pokémon.

Honestly, it really excites me. I know I'll be spoiled online anyway, but the feeling of seeing the thing in the game and thinking "That's a Pokémon?" takes me back a long time ago.

Edit: I found a quote on another website that made me happy.
OMG! This is really nice! No more 100% Zubats/Tentacool/Geodudes in Caves/Ocean!

hipoke said:
Does this mean I have to say "Play! Pokemon" every time I want to say OP? ... WHY!?!?!? On-topic, I don't see the use of changing the name. It's just gonna make trash talk about Play! Pokemon funnier.

"I just lost because of time. Well that's Play! Pokemon's fault." =P It's kinda good that 5th gen pokemon will appear at the begginning, but then again I have to check my Pokemon's stats on Serebii before I can teach Bite to a Special Sweeper type of pokemon.

I know what you mean by the name. I don't want to have to say "Yeah, for my thirteenth birthday, my dad took me to my Play! Pokemon League and bought me a booster box!" to all my friends (not that I have a whole lot). I liked the name better before, but I think we can still call it that Pokemon Organized Play for a couple more years.

The "aforementioned packages" look pretty cool - I'd love to see waht the sleeves in them look like.

*yawn* I've been on this site literally for 12 full freaking hours waiting for scans to come out. *twitch*

OH MY GOODNESS! POKABU IS BREATHING FIRE OUT OF HIS NOSE! That's amazing. I want that case and I want it now. The cases looks awesome, and the starter decks look pretty good too. I can't wait to see these cards!

The commercials were cool, and the Pokemon musical looks amazing. Yay!

I love the logo, but the name change seems unnecessary. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really feel the need for change. But the logo's cool.

Can't wait for the Zoroark review. I've been waiting!

Tbh, i like the musical so far almost better than the contests. the contests got really hard in the fourth gen, this is trying to either liven it up by making it more interesting or to completly take over the contests job.

Personally I love this news of only 5th gen Pokemon until the National Dex. In D/P having to obtain the ND before the elite annoyed me and was one reason I skipped the 4th gen, but that's only because I absolutely HATED all the available Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex.

But in Gen 5 I already have enough Pokemon I like to form a team in B/W, so I'm really excited about this for several reasons. First, no more of the same tired old Pokemon that have been in EVERY game. This is includes no "obligatory" Pikachu for the first time ever! No more Zubat, Magikarp, Geodude, Machop, ect. Sure, there will be an overabundance of new Pokemon in certain areas, but at least it's not the exact same ones for the 5th GAME IN A ROW!

Also, more then anything I'm relieved that there won't be any pathetic stragglers from Gen 4 showing their ugly mugs around Isshu!

THe musical looked brutal. I never bothered with contests in other pokemon games, they were lame and a waste of time. And not to mention my pokemons dignity were at risk. Anyways I hope they dont make contests nessesary, it would be brutal

5th Gen is looking uber-epic so far. Can't wait, plus (like most other people on here) I really love the fact of having just the Isshu-Dex until Elite Four and such.

Not really diggin' the "Play! Pokemon"....May sound a smidge childish but, "PP", really?

Anyways, can't wait for the new scans. GET THEM SOON!!!

Back