2nd with Mewtwo/Terrakion--NO SCRUBS

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyfLER3Z0-Q

After being crushed due to lack of testing, I decided to switch back to my good deck, Mewtwo/Terrakion/Bouffalant. I honestly don't have much to say in this intro :p I played the same list as before, and all that...So yeah, onto the matches.

Round 1 vs. Eels

I got a first turn KO off of a Tynamo with Mewtwo, but drew no Catchers to KO the others. He started off the war with a lead, but once his Mewtwo was gone I could steal the game with my 4 Catchers left in my deck.

Round 2 vs. SteelEels

My hand is:

Bianca x2
Fighting x2
Terra
Eviolite
?

I can Bianca for two when I play out the hand. I draw a Catcher for turn. Play the Bianca, get two more Catchers. At this point I think I'm screwed. He benches a SINGLE Tynamo each turn and doesn't see an N. Yup.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Empoleon/Accelgor:

We trade prizes back and forth, with me being in the lead. Eventually he N's me to two, and I can't come back. Luckily, he can't draw stuff either, so I was able to wait for my second to last Supporter in my deck to draw the Switch and Catcher I needed to win.

3-0

Round 4 vs. RayEel:

This was a downpair, so I was kind of upset. Luckily, it was Eels, so I didn't have to worry much. I got kind of nervous with a sort of meh hand against a Mewtwo, but eventually I got Eels KO'd and she was left with 1-2, which really helped against the two Rayquazas. I Catchered a vanilla Raikou and Land Crushed it for game.

4-0

Round 5 vs. Hydreigon:

This was a guy I knew that plays a lot of Vanguard, but is somewhat new to Pokemon. I was surprised he was doing so well. It appeared that he played NO Sableye, cuz I didn't see one all game, so that boosted my confidence a tad. He asked about DCE and Bouffalant when I had them active, and he thought he could KO it with 5 energies between the two, which hurt him a bit. I proceeded to send up my own Mewtwo with a DCE to take a KO. When he benched Shaymin, he whiffed his blend (two were on his own) and passed. I Catchered it up and KO'd it with Bouffalant. From there, he couldn't get much else and I stole the game.

5-0

Round 6 vs. Darkrai/Terrakion/Ho-Oh:

I was a little scared this match. Rogues that do well ALWAYS scare me. This guy got a great start, Night Spearing Terrakions, putting two at 120, and another at 60, and swinging at two Bouffalants for 70 before I could even take a prize. Eventually I got Energy and X Balled at his Darkrai to take it out. Then his Terrakions came at me. I N'd myself to four, hoping to grab a Catcher. I had like a 50/50 chance. Whiff. I just did a normal attack to his active. Next turn I N'd again. Whiffed the Catcher once again. I simply took a prize on Terrakion, and it happened to be a Catcher. He KO'd mine and had one prize left. I used my Catcher to his Darkrai, and N'd him to one. Drew my Catcher AT LAST. At this point I knew I had it. I KO'd his Darkrai. All I had to do was last one more turn, which is possible. He got a Catcher off the N to KO a Bouffalant. Yup. After two Catcher whiffs and an energy whiff off a Juniper, he gets a Catcher from two cards. Just my luck.

5-1

Tbh, that was a really good game though. And I still got second anyways, and pulled a Ho-Oh regular.

Props:

Terrakion EX and Ho-Oh EX from free packs
Great deals
Second
Some jerk from last week going 3-3
My friend Justin. My new homie.

Slops:

Not getting a Zoroark deckbox D:
N decided to bat for the other team last game

I'm not your homie anymore D: Jk nice job on 2nd though

Gistica said:
I'm not your homie anymore D: Jk nice job on 2nd though

Lol don't say such words </3 Thanks :3

RogueChomp said:
Go for the inviite! Your doin so well right now!

I have 18 CP,and I'm not going to anymore BRs >_> If I ended my BR season with 30 then maybe.

Still seems like I'd need to consistently do well at a lot of events. Going to a lot of events is more of an issue cuz I'm in school and everything :\

Back