'25th Anniversary Collection' and 'Fusion Arts' Pokemon TCG Sets Announced for Japan!

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
I was a little disappointed when they revealed the 4 cards per pack, which meant it had to be a very small set.

But, it also means they have the opportunity (and should) make all the cards in the set full arts of some kind. And of course they'll probably have alternate arts for every card.

Wavestripe

Med Student
I was a little disappointed when they revealed the 4 cards per pack, which meant it had to be a very small set.

But, it also means they have the opportunity (and should) make all the cards in the set full arts of some kind. And of course they'll probably have alternate arts for every card.

Watch the set be around 100 with secret rares and such because everything has a full art, alt art, and rainbow rare

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Fusion Arts, huh? I wonder if that means V-UNION cards featuring more than one Pokemon like I thought.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Dialga and Palkia.Zacian and Zamazenta.In the 25th anniversary collection.
Makes sense.
DP remakes and SWSH.

mursemike13

Aspiring Trainer
By using these 5 pokemon they have teased for the 25th anniversary set and looking at 28 pokemon in the set as well as more expensive packs, I have a theory. If you look at all of the mascots from each generation of the 25 years, it adds up to 28 (Not including the remake repeats). Starting from most recent (Calyrex, Urshifu, Zamazenta, Zacian, Eevee from Let's Go Eevee, Dawn Wings Necrozma, Dusk Mane Necrozma, Lunala, Solgaleo, Yveltal, Xerneas, White Kyurem, Black Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Blastoise, Venusaur, Charizard, and of course Pikachu as the mascot for all of Pokemon).

Obviously it could be something completely different but what better 25th anniversary set than the heavy hitters from each generation.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_mascot#Generation_VIII

BugBoyInaButterflyExhibit

Aspiring Trainer
By using these 5 pokemon they have teased for the 25th anniversary set and looking at 28 pokemon in the set as well as more expensive packs, I have a theory. If you look at all of the mascots from each generation of the 25 years, it adds up to 28 (Not including the remake repeats). Starting from most recent (Calyrex, Urshifu, Zamazenta, Zacian, Eevee from Let's Go Eevee, Dawn Wings Necrozma, Dusk Mane Necrozma, Lunala, Solgaleo, Yveltal, Xerneas, White Kyurem, Black Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Blastoise, Venusaur, Charizard, and of course Pikachu as the mascot for all of Pokemon).

Obviously it could be something completely different but what better 25th anniversary set than the heavy hitters from each generation.

Great theory. That would make a lot of sense and be kinda cool. I wonder if they'd replace dusk mane and dawn wing variants with Mewtwo and Arceus. Same with Black/White Kyurem and some combo of other iconic Pokemon. I'm assuming Mew is out since it's going to have a set based around it right before this is released.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer

I was about to post something like this but I somehow got a little over 28 when I counted in my head. Maybe I accidentally included Zygarde lol
I just want a 25th anniversary Blastoise card in this set and I'll be a happy man.
Man, I'd love a Blastoise card that pays homage to the WOTC prototype.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper

I counted 29 due to Urshi having two forms (and I doubt only one would be in the set) maybe they cut Eevee due to Eevee heroes or replace the necrozma or Kyurem forms with their base form.

mursemike13

Aspiring Trainer
Great theory. That would make a lot of sense and be kinda cool. I wonder if they'd replace dusk mane and dawn wing variants with Mewtwo and Arceus. Same with Black/White Kyurem and some combo of other iconic Pokemon. I'm assuming Mew is out since it's going to have a set based around it right before this is released.

That is a great addition to the theory. Mewtwo being so iconic and Arceus being the creator of all. No need to have 2 different versions of each of Kyurem and Necrozma. If this is what happens, this might be the most sought after set in the history of Pokemon.

mursemike13

Aspiring Trainer
I counted 29 due to Urshi having two forms (and I doubt only one would be in the set) maybe they cut Eevee due to Eevee heroes or replace the necrozma or Kyurem forms with their base form.

Yeah that's an idea that BugBoy replied with. I didn't count the 2 Urshifu's because if you look at the sword and shield expansion pass (which includes the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra), the game boxes show Zacian on one Zamazenta on the other and both have the same form of Urshifu and Calyrex. Being that the 25th anniversary is actually the 25th anniversary of the first video game, it makes sense that they would use the mascots from all generations of the video game. This is the way Bulbapedia (link in original post) has the mascots listed as well.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
I'm guessing the "Fusion" battle style represents versatile Pokemon like Mew, Ditto, Porygon, Smeargle, Kecleon, Arceus, and Silvally. Attack copying, type changing, and the like. Ninetales, Zoroark, Nihilego, Clefairy, and some ghosts could also probably fall under it.

Last edited:

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Fusion Style will be treated as Single and Rapid Strike at the same time

Also they are introducing too many mechanics/type of cards on ShSw?

SnM have Gx, Alolan, UltraBeast, Prism Star and Tag Team and SwSh already have V, VMax, Galarian, Amazing Rare, Single Strike, Rapid Strike and the upcomming V-Unions and Fusion Style, 5 Vs 8. Galarian havent receive any kind of Support for some reason... so maybe could be considered 7 only

Last edited: