21+ only read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenthumb

PokéBeach Champion
okay, not really to do with pokemon but I know the Hilton has to have a bar in its hotel so any chance one might be able to go get a drink in between matches? LOL anyone ever showed up totally plastered. I would never do that, but a few drinks to loosen me up in between matches sounds really nice.

goldenthumb said:
okay, not really to do with pokemon but I know the Hilton has to have a bar in its hotel so any chance one might be able to go get a drink in between matches? LOL anyone ever showed up totally plastered. I would never do that, but a few drinks to loosen me up in between matches sounds really nice.

I HIGHLY doubt this would be appropriate conduct for a children's card game. I mean... really. Use some common sense, please. You could get some drinks if you want, but you'd most likely get a DQ in return,

meh, I'm 32, and I've never had an alcoholic drink in my life...so drinking in between matches, not really a big thing for me

now I have been to tourneys looking like I need glasses...I will tell you one thing, it kept me focused, lol

qnetykz said:
meh, I'm 32, and I've never had an alcoholic drink in my life...so drinking in between matches, not really a big thing for me

now I have been to tourneys looking like I need glasses...I will tell you one thing, it kept me focused, lol

lol, I know nothing gets me more focused than that! And thats something im forsure doing before playing.

Dokromi said:
goldenthumb said:

I HIGHLY doubt this would be appropriate conduct for a children's card game. I mean... really. Use some common sense, please. You could get some drinks if you want, but you'd most likely get a DQ in return,

CALM DOWN KILLER! Unlike most people over 21 and still playing pokemon, I happen to have a significant other and she has no interest in pokemon, but since she happens to love me so much she will be there the whole time cheering me on. Now spending some time with her in between matches and having a drink might be a nice gesture, since walking around looking at giant size pikachu's isnt really her thing. It's not like im taking a beer bong with me and a giant bottle of vodka and telling the 16yo challenger of mine if he wants to go shoot up some heroin after the match. jeez take it easy.

I didn't see any rules against it. But if an adult smells your breath, they'll most likely tell the organier that you're drunk, and they will kick you out regardless of the rules.

goldenthumb said:
qnetykz said:

lol, I know nothing gets me more focused than that! And thats something im forsure doing before playing.

Dokromi said:
goldenthumb said:

CALM DOWN KILLER! Unlike most people over 21 and still playing pokemon, I happen to have a significant other and she has no interest in pokemon, but since she happens to love me so much she will be there the whole time cheering me on. Now spending some time with her in between matches and having a drink might be a nice gesture, since walking around looking at giant size pikachu's isnt really her thing. It's not like im taking a beer bong with me and a giant bottle of vodka and telling the 16yo challenger of mine if he wants to go shoot up some heroin after the match. jeez take it easy.

Please understand I'm not trying to be rude, but do also remember this is a CHILDREN'S card game. It's not poker. There are plenty of other things that can relax you. I highly doubt drinking is the only one. Making snacking a bit, talking to some new people, even playing a few fun matches in-between rounds can calm your nerves. Also, like Juliacoolo said, people will smell your breath and you'll get DQ'd no questions asked.

Dokromi said:
goldenthumb said:
qnetykz said:

Dokromi said:
goldenthumb said:

Please understand I'm not trying to be rude, but do also remember this is a CHILDREN'S card game. It's not poker. There are plenty of other things that can relax you. I highly doubt drinking is the only one. Making snacking a bit, talking to some new people, even playing a few fun matches in-between rounds can calm your nerves. Also, like Juliacoolo said, people will smell your breath and you'll get DQ'd no questions asked.

I totally understand. Sorry if I took it a lil too far. It was just something I was wondering about. Chances are that I will not even have time to do that anyway. Snacking sounds like a great alternative. Thanks for the advice.

At my local league, there is a man that plays in his forties who drinks about 2 or 3 beers a league meeting. So if the leader allows it, then I would imagine that they wouldn't mind unless you did get plastered.

Dokromi said:
goldenthumb said:
qnetykz said:

Dokromi said:
goldenthumb said:

honestly...I'm pretty sure the man knows this is a children's game, and was probably asking the question out of jest and to start conversation with other adults on pokebeach concerning the matter

seriously, enhance your calm...you said something about using common sense...so please, take your own advice and realize the man probably has sense enough not to show up drunk at a tourney...the use of caps and such, completely unneccessary

as far as the comment about an adult smelling his breath...I'm pretty sure he's smarter than that, and not only that...but how many adults are gonna be all up in his face like that, me being an adult and having attended a good number of major tournaments...I can probably attest that there will be very few, if any at all

qnetykz said:
honestly...I'm pretty sure the man knows this is a children's game, and was probably asking the question out of jest and to start conversation with other adults on pokebeach concerning the matter

seriously, enhance your calm...you said something about using common sense...so please, take your own advice and realize the man probably has sense enough not to show up drunk at a tourney...the use of caps and such, completely unneccessary

as far as the comment about an adult smelling his breath...I'm pretty sure he's smarter than that, and not only that...but how many adults are gonna be all up in his face like that, me being an adult and having attended a good number of major tournaments...I can probably attest that there will be very few, if any at all

I agree with that. As long as he doesn't face any little kids and is smart about the amount that they drink, then I see no problem with it. It is just like the guy at my league that drinks beer. He doesn't drink too much and is always a relaxed guy.

Stop with the quote pyramid.
~Spoon

Lolz quite an interesting thread. I'm 14, and shh, I do ALL the things your talking about. Lolz.

It's not safe AT ALL to drink alcohol between matches in a middle of a children's card game tournament. Period.

Uhh... why not? As long as a person only drinks in moderation, nothing bad comes out of it. :/

bleh guy i know who plays magic got banned for drinking at a ptq(protour qualifier)
and magic is by no means a childrens card game.so i guess as long as you dont get drunk/caught whos to stop you? the worst that could happen is a dq if they try toban you plead that you hd a drink before the tournement to loosen you up and you werent beligerent towrds anyone they just smelled the slcohol.
i dont see a problem.

itt a 14 year old bashes drinking

DarthPika said:
Uhh... why not? As long as a person only drinks in moderation, nothing bad comes out of it. :/

also itt darthpika actually says something reasonable

I think it should be allowed if they have a limited amoun of drink. If they behave bad about the drink, they should be diqualified. Honestly though would I look good if a little kiddy was against a man who was drinking load of Fosters not being able to control it in a kids game?

~Raichupika33~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back