News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Higliphics

Competitive TCG Player
I love the M Slowbro-EX and Slowbro-EX artwork! Slowbro is so cute. I don't see it getting much competitive play, but if it does I want to see it paired with Walk-Off Homer Slowbro for giggles.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Um, am I missing something about this "fan service" thingy?

Not everyone who uses the term "fan service" means it the same way.

For some "fan service" has to have some sort of sexual connotation; when a program insists on a beach episode for no good reason, as an excuse for the (presumably attractive) cast to don swimwear before cavorting and frolicking at the beach, that's one kind of fan service.

For others it means anything catering to fans... which might still be confusing since this set isn't so thrilling to some of the vocal fans on this thread. The assumption is people who are really fond of Gen I, or in particular Charizard and Mewtwo, are being serviced because this is designed as an homage to Base Set (and has multiple cards for Charizard and Mewtwo).

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The original news indicated Evolutions would be available early at Canadian Toys R Us stores as well. So they'll probably have the event too.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
I have the other proms from Generations, too. They're cute! I will be happy to add Charmander to my collection.

They also had a BOGO 50 sale during one of the weeks I went for a Generations promo, I hope they do that again. With TRU's markup, it might bring prices down to normal.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Is it US only or will it come to UK?

The UK TRU events page makes no mention of it, despite having other events scheduled the same weekend, so probably not, but that's not 100% certain. You can probably find out better/exact information by asking at your local TRU.

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
From toysrus.ca:

Pokemon Giveaway

FREE Pokemon XY12 Collector's Album Vol. 1 and Charmander Foil Card Giveaway!

The first 100 customers receive a FREE 2" Pikachu or Meowth figure!

Available in-store only. While quantities last. Max. 200 giveaways per store.

punchayobuns94

Aspiring Trainer
The charmander is the classic galaxy holofoil so it looks a lot nicer in person, the album is disappointing as it's made of paper and wouldn't be good for serious collectors to put cards in, I work there and we got that stuff in the other day