2022 Rotation Switches to Regulation Marks, Japan and Rest of World Better Synced!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
What happens when they hit Z though, are they just going to move onto punctuation like they did with the Unown? Never mind the fact that this would be like... what, 60 years down the line? Too long.

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
What happens when they hit Z though, are they just going to move onto punctuation like they did with the Unown? Never mind the fact that this would be like... what, 60 years down the line? Too long.
21+ years down the line, if they repeat to A then some smart ass will try to say that they can use the original lettered cards again

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
21+ years down the line, if they repeat to A then some smart ass will try to say that they can use the original lettered cards again

A+ B+ C+ ...
A++ B++ C++...
Etc....

Or something like that but yeah, not even sure if the TCG or even the games will exist in 20 years...

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
A+ B+ C+ ...
A++ B++ C++...
Etc....

Or something like that but yeah, not even sure if the TCG or even the games will exist in 20 years...
I doubt Pokémon is in any danger of dying out. The roots of the Pokémon franchise are firmly rooted, and Nintendo has been in business for 131 years (long before the invention of Pong or the television or even the radio), so I doubt there is going anywhere any time soon.

Wwo

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt Pokémon is in any danger of dying out. The roots of the Pokémon franchise are firmly rooted, and Nintendo has been in business for 131 years (long before the invention of Pong or the television or even the radio), so I doubt there is going anywhere any time soon.
Don’t forget about WW3- Ah wait, it’s still not time yet..

LightYearLiam

Great, this seems like a good move. I too am a little worried what will happen when they exhaust the alphabet, but I'm sure they'll think of something xP

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Regarding card pool, I forgot if whether Japan needs to sync to US for Worlds, or is it the other way around?

Flygonite

Meta/budget player

Correction, Nintendo has existed for 131 years, but like 100 of those were as a hanafuda company. To think that a franchise can last dozens of years is honestly, a bit weird. Like people, franchises die and that's the cycle of life. Now, whether it comes sooner or later is another matter... But Pokemon will go the way of the dodo just like everything, eventually.