Discussion (2019-On) What Supporters will we Use?

I suppose if your using Oranguru (Say 1 Oranguru and 1 Tapu Lele GX) and your opponent is using 2 Tapu Lele GX, then Judge will most likely always benefit you more since you can draw past your supporter limit and they can't.

I suppose if your using Oranguru (Say 1 Oranguru and 1 Tapu Lele GX) and your opponent is using 2 Tapu Lele GX, then Judge will most likely always benefit you more since you can draw past your supporter limit and they can't.

To a greater extent, if your opponent has a Zoroark GX on the bench and you don't, you simply just aren't going to play Judge.

To a greater extent, if your opponent has a Zoroark GX on the bench and you don't, you simply just aren't going to play Judge.

* unless you precede the judge by porygon-z, in which case it's actually quite fun (but not more than that, unfortunately)

or the corollary: if you are a zoroark-gx player and your opponent just played cynthia (or better yet, steven's resolve), an Ilima or judge might be worth it.

Remember, Zoroark-GX just needs something a player can afford to discard in order to draw. Relevance? Your opponent can rebuild from Judge, but at the cost of using "Trade" for that instead of using it to make an already good hand better.

I don't think Judge will be more than a one-of for decks, and I don't think every deck will run it, but the constraints for when to play it are not boil down to:

"Between what it does to my opponent's hand and what it does to my own hand, is there a net advantage to me?"

Right, but I think there is reason to consider the mathematics of the card and the fact that playing it against Zoroark GX will most likely end up hurting you more by virtue of sheer card advantage. It's just one of the variables to consider, but for me if Zoroark GX is popular next rotation, that's reason enough for me to never put a Judge in my own deck.

I think Judge will only be played as more than a 1 of in 4/4 Zoroark GX decks who can trade out of it and strategize around their discard pile or have means of recovery like Banette GX.

I just don't see it as a "tech" supporter. There's not a single deck I've playtested in post rotation that is happy to williningly drop their hand size to 4.

I just don't see it as a "tech" supporter. There's not a single deck I've playtested in post rotation that is happy to williningly drop their hand size to 4.

All depends on how valuable the disruption proves. Like I said, it is about hurting your opponent more than yourself.

All depends on how valuable the disruption proves. Like I said, it is about hurting your opponent more than yourself.

this. if you know your opponent just pulled 3 cards of their choice from their deck (Sylveon, new gardevoir, steven's resolve), there's a very very good chance you're willing to take a hit on your hand to disrupt them.

Back