• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2018 Standard Golisopod GX Garbodor

rayquazatopaz34

How to Pokemon?
The list,

4 Wimpod BUS
3 Golisopod GX BUS
2 Trubbish BKP
1 Trubbish GUR
2 Garbodor BKP
1 Garbodor BKT
4 Tapu Lele GUR

4 Professor Sycamore
4 Acerola
2 N
3 Guzma
1 Hala
1 Prof. Kukui
1 Sophocles
1 Brigette

4 Choice Band
4 Ultra Ball
3 Float Stone
2 Field Blower
1 Heavy Ball
1 Multi Switch
1 Rescue Stretcher

4 Rainbow Energy
3 DCE
3 Grass Energy

- You know how golisopod garb works.
Unsure on supporter counts. Settled with running 4 lelel for the 1-offs and for n's. 4 Acerola for consistency and long games. Could cut Hala for another N. Kukui for extra damage (was very helpful in testing). Could cut Soph for 4th Guzma.

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited:
seems pretty good but id definitely cut the hala for a third n as there will be games when the gx attack never gets used or isn't used till late game making hala really bad in those situations id also say the sophocles should become a second kukui or another N. Maybe you could shed some light as to why multi switch is being used as i personally dont see a reason for it and would recommend maybe a 2nd heavy ball. you could also consider 4 guzma and 3 acerola but either way 7 switching supporters seems good.

alrighty, taken into consideration:

-1 Hala
+ 1 N
- 1 Sophocles
+ 1 Guzma

*Multi switch is in there for getting extra energy around the field, because this deck doesn't run large amounts of energy all round. Just a versatile tech IMO*

4 Tapu Lele is overkill. With thick Supporter counts, I feel like the fourth Tapu Lele just isn't needed. I'd cut one for a promo Tapu Koko. The free retreat and spread damage is just too good in this deck to pass up. I'd also consider cutting the Professor Kukui for a second Tapu Koko, just so you have more consistent access to it and Flying Flip softens everything up by 20 anyways. Most turns you're going to want to use Guzma or Acerola so I just don't see Professor Kukui seeing a lot of use.

You want to hit Guzma often to switch Golis around, and N is a much better draw card then Hala, Kukui, and Sophocles. However, you should remove an Acerola as you would prefer to target your opponent's Pokemon while activating First Impression.
4 Lele is excessive, cut 2. Add a BKP or GRI Trubbish (your choice) and add another BUS Garb (you wrote BKT?)
Finally, though I can see the use of Multi Switch, you have enough energy to last your Pokemon well. Additionally, 2 Field Blower could be excessive, I would cut 1. Finally, a 4th Float Stone would be amazing in exchange for a Band. You want to switch as often as possible and your Garb will usually hit OHKOs.
Personally, I like a Drampa and Tapu Koko PR in this list since they can be very effective Pokemon to attack with initially or when you start running low on Goli and Garb. The baby Golisopod could be useful in Alolan Ninetales and unfavorable matchups for a super good 1 prize attacker that isn't Koko

-1 Hala
-1 Sophocles
-1 Kukui
-1 Acerola
-2 Lele
-1 Multi Switch
-1 Field Blower
-1 Float Stone

+1 Guzma
+2 N
+1 Trubbish (you choose)
+1 BUS Garb