• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2017 Answer To Mega Rayquaza

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
I was thinking of some decks that could be very popular in standard next year, and the first thought that came to mind was Mega Ray. Since Joltik is leaving standard, Rayquaza can rule the meta game. But a good counter to that I thought was Zebstrika from Breakpoint, since its move crashing Bolt will KO Mega Ray in one hit. Here's a deck list I came up with, but I think it can be better.

Pokémon - 18

2 Ampharos-EX AOR 27
2 M Ampharos-EX AOR 28
4 Blitzle BKP 48
4 Zebstrika BKP 49
1 Magnemite BKT 52
2 Magnemite BKT 51
1 Magneton BKT 53
2 Magnezone BKT 54

Trainer Cards - 28

2 Ultra Ball
2 Acro Bike
2 Crushing Hammer
2 Max Elixir
2 Professor's Letter
2 Trainers' Mail
1 Brigette
2 Professor Sycamore
2 Parallel City
2 Rough Seas
4 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Wide Lens
2 Rare Candy
2 Ampharos Spirit Link

Energy - 14

2 Flash Energy AOR 83
8 Lightning Energy Energy 4
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Attachments

• XY9_EN_49.png
    XY9_EN_49.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 11
Maybe you can add Raikou and/or Jolteon EX?
I know Jolteon is not very useful against Mega Ray, but it can be handy against other cards.
Raikou is a strong attacker in combination with Magnezone.

Maybe you can add Raikou and/or Jolteon EX?
I know Jolteon is not very useful against Mega Ray, but it can be handy against other cards.
Raikou is a strong attacker in combination with Magnezone.
Thanks for the feedback!

I personally see the Magnezone line as too thin to do anything besides add clunkiness to this deck. With two evolutions already in the deck (I know M-Ampharos is not technically one, but it's close enough for me), you should not add any more. If your heart is set on Magnezone, I would thicken the line to 3-1-3 (with a couple rare candies) and use Pikachu-EX instead of Ampharos, since it is not an evolution. I also agree with @flilix that Jolteon EX is too good to pass up in the deck.
I hoped this helped you!
P.S. Please note that your deck is at risk of being shut down by Altaria's (Ancient Trait) weakness prevention.

I personally see the Magnezone line as too thin to do anything besides add clunkiness to this deck. With two evolutions already in the deck (I know M-Ampharos is not technically one, but it's close enough for me), you should not add any more. If your heart is set on Magnezone, I would thicken the line to 3-1-3 (with a couple rare candies) and use Pikachu-EX instead of Ampharos, since it is not an evolution. I also agree with @flilix that Jolteon EX is too good to pass up in the deck.
I hoped this helped you!
P.S. Please note that your deck is at risk of being shut down by Altaria's (Ancient Trait) weakness prevention.
Thanks! I didn't even think of Altaria or Pikachu EX. If only there was a card like seeker in the new format to combat altaria

Back