2013 rotation

numberonewill said:
Rotation will more than likely be COL-on. Why else would they place a COL Pack in the upcoming Force of Nature Collection box. IMO, this is a good indicator of the rotation.

They could have a bunch of them left over and want to dump them before they become unsellable.

I'm curious as to why there are HS block decks in PTCGO, like with the Prime Challenge boxes, but I suspect that's a matter of squeezing money.

Also, products being sold is no indicator of rotation. I still see Platinum packs.

Well, if they dock off ALL of HS completly than I've lost Machamp, and that would make me pretty bummed!

I did read that one post about a reboot set this Winter, I hope they can keep Donphan and Machamp in their as reprints ^.==.^ .

PumpedAaron said:
I did read that one post about a reboot set this Winter, I hope they can keep Donphan and Machamp in their as reprints ^.==.^ .

that reboot will most likely be the start of the BW-2 Block of cards, with black and white-forme kyurem as poster-boys.

If they do reprint stuff, it will be trainers most likely as apart from promos, pokemon are very rarely reprinted (zekrom and rerishram are obvious exceptions). It will be stuff like junk arm, pokemon collector, dual ball, maybe a sage's training reprint with the team plasma sages training N). Also Zekrom/Rerishram BW and Kyurem NVI are expected to be reprinted once more, for the release of the new games in the winter.

and for anyone worried about a lack of variety in the metagame; http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-poll-deck-popularity?pid=2233725#pid2233725

based on that poll and my earlier post

27th_wonder said:
for a CoL-on format we would have:

lost these major cards: collector, Junk Arm, typhlosion prime, seeker, celebi prime, black belt, electrode prime, shaymin, magnezone prime, twins and vileplume.

which removes the following decks from the metagame:

Rerishplosion, ZPST and variants, Magnezone and Variants, passive trainer lock (compared to the zebrika aggro-trainer lock), MTC/CMT etc. and CaKE/CoKE.

only real difference between CoL-on and BW-on is that durant is still playable with dual balls and we get to keep deck-thinning staple cards. More of the same really

we stand to have a diverse format either way, and the next set (dark explorers) brings a lot of good stuff with it, not only in terms of staples such as ultra ball and random reciever, but also dark patch and dark claw, to give dark pokemon a boost (hydreigon anyone? :) )

just sit back and enjoy the ride (it wouldn't hurt to watch the Japanese players either)

red blastoise said:
maybe we'll get reprints in DE, the set isn't full yet is it?

yes, but don't get your hopes up.

the only reprints we could have (because this is all japan has) are the alternate arts for the BW supporter cards and the new-print rare candy.

there are the secret rare reprints of pokemon catcher, garvedoir and archeops that we will probably have in DE and because of all the dark pokemon, maybe the special dark energy (it should be said that this is unlikely, as japan haven't had one since middle of 2010)

but nothing from HGSS-series has been reprinted in japan and they try to balance our game against theirs, hence why we are getting the force of nature collection in a few weeks time.

I can deal with an BW-on rotation for when it happens, even though a good majority of my cards will be rotated out, I'm sure I'll find replacements for them, but it also ruins my Mandibuzz deck with CoL Espeon being rotated out

Due to the lack of supporters in the B/W set so far, I believe they will go Call of Legends onwards however I wouldn't be surprised if they went to Black and White just to remove all bodies/powers.

Personally, I think they should go CoL-on, as the majority of trainers and supporters that are useful in meta are from CoL, but remember, there are still a couple of sets to go before the rotation, so it could all change. They could reprint all the important cards, and just go BW-on 'cause CoL is no longer needed.

I see three options. It will either be CL-on, BW-on, or they won't rotate at all. I don't consider the last option very likely, and I sure hope it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if P!P pulled something like that on us.... I think both CL-on and BW-on have their advantages, and I'm not really sure which one I'd like more right now.

As Meaty just stated, we shouldn't get surprised if TPCi did some unexpected rotation. For the last two rotations, that just happened. When nearly everyone thought it would be PL-on it turned out to be MD-on, and for our rotation right now (HS-on), many thought it would be RR-on (there even was articles about this speculation on 6P) and they got wrong. Personally, I think it's either BW-on (it was a similar rotation in the 07-08 season (DP-on)) or something really unexpected (ever thought about UD-on?).

^ The only things that would get rid of are: Collector and Dual ball. Now that would make for a heck of a format.

^
dual ball was in CoL so it's still legal.

we would lose collector, typhlosion prime, pokegear 3.0, rainbow energy and that's about it.

collector is replaced by dual ball, tyram players just change to rerishboar, pokegear becomes random receiver and rainbow energy... well most people will use prism these days so not much lost.

Yep. So nothing would change. Oh, and Junk Arm would still be around, and that means you could Catcher... oh....about 20 times through Junk Arm, Catcher, Ninetails DB, SSU, and Devolution Spray.

I realize that nobody is gonna run 4-4 Ninetails DB, but you get the point. :p

Also, the new face of Unlimited:
4-4 Ninetails DB
2-2 Luxray GL Lv.X
Some other Mons with similar abilities

4 Seeker
4 SSU
4 Catcher
4 Devolution Spray
4 Pokemon Reversal
4 Scoop Up
4 Gust Of Wind
4 Warp Point
Other trainers with similar effects

4 Cyclone Energy

Official BDIF. :p

27th_wonder said:
^
dual ball was in CoL so it's still legal.

we would lose collector, typhlosion prime, pokegear 3.0, rainbow energy and that's about it.

collector is replaced by dual ball, tyram players just change to rerishboar, pokegear becomes random receiver and rainbow energy... well most people will use prism these days so not much lost.

For me, Rainbow Energy would cripple a chunk of my deck, I rely on it for my Kyruem and Virizion

ShayminTails said:
For me, Rainbow Energy would cripple a chunk of my deck, I rely on it for my Kyruem and Virizion

Prism Energy is a better option, although I see the point of 4 Rainbow and 4 Prism.

Back