2013-14 Season - First Full Season Report!

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
Fall Regionals Warm Ups (Basically a Battle Roads)

North Olmstead #1
Playing: Plasma

G1 vs Hydreigon Win
G2 vs Suicune/Terrakion Lose
G3 vs Darkrai w/ 2-2 Drifblim Lose
It was only three rounds and I didn't win anything so darn :/
North Olmstead #2

G1 vs Aggron Win
G2 vs Darkrai/Garbodor Win
G3 vs Plasma Win
Yay free packs! first win of the season so I'm very excited. Also very confident with mydeck choice going into regionals
Elyria

G1 vs Genesect Win
G2 vs Tool Time Win
G2 vs Darkrai/Garbodor tie
second win in a row. I'm pumped up for regionals

Regionals

Fall Regionals - Fort Wayne, IN
R1 vs Plasma Tie
R2 vs ? Win
R3 vs Darkrai Win
R4 vs Blastoise (Lights went out Mid-Round) Win
R5 vs (Table 2) Plasma Klinklang Win (Recorded as Alex Murder on OTB Pokemon)
R6 vs Darkrai (Top Table) Win
R7 vs Plasma (Top Table)Win
R8 vs ? Win
R9 vs Flying Bison (Top Table) Tie

Top 32
R10 vs Plama Klinklang (Top Table) Win
R11 vs Plasma (Top Table) Lose
R12 vs Genesect/Virizion Lose (Recorded as Alex Lombardi on OTB Pokemon)
R13 vs Mewtwo/Virizion Lose
R14 vs Darkrai/Garbodor Lose

16th Place Overall

All i had to do was win 1 game between R11-R14 and I would've made Top 8.... BUT NOOOO!!!

League Challenges

Elyria
Playing: Keldeo EX/Black Kyurem EX/Blastoise/Electrode

R1 vs ReshiBoar Win
R2 vs Genesect/Virizion w/Techs Win
R3 vs Keldeo/Blastoise/Black Kyurem EX/Black Kyurem (with Beach) Lose (close game)
R4 vs Beedrill Lose - I would just like to point out that i played ONE supporter, and even then it was close

3rd place is nothing to be upset about (free packs + Promo)
Cuyahoga
Playing: Genesect/Virizion/Cherrim

R1 vs Plasma Lose (close)
R2 vs Plasma Lose (missed the Gold Potion)
R3 vs Darkrai Win
R4 vs Vileplume Win
R5 vs Darkrai/Zoroark WIn

10th place... eh, pulled Emolga FA.

City Championships

Elyria
Genesect/Virizion/Cherrim w/o Gold Potion

R1 vs Tool Drp[ Win (sweep)
R2 vs Empoleon Win (I prized all 3 Genesects and still manage to pull a victory)
R3 vs Plasma Lose (came back down 4 prizes and draw 5 and barely lose)
R4 vs Plasma Lose
R5 vs Rayboar Lose

13th-ish Place, pulled 2 Full Arts.
Lesson to be learned: Potions do nothing, switch out 3 for Enhanced Hammers to win Plasma Matchup

North Olmstead
Playing Genesect/Virizion/Cherrim w/ G-Booster and Enhanced Hammers
R1 vs Yeti Win (Hammers take me to victory)
R2 vs Gothitelle/Accelgor/Victini/Victory Piece Win (he took 4 prizes with Victini)
R3 vs Blastoise Lose
R4 vs Kyurem/Deoxys Win (Hammer Time!)
R5 vs Garchomp (the guy who drove me here) Intentional Draw to make Top 8

So all 3 of our Team made Top 8 (Go Tall-Grass)

Top 8 vs Max (One of my Best Friends and part of Team Tall-Grass :(, it's a shame i'll have to knock him out of Top 8 :p) w/Genesect/Mewtwo/Virizion
G1 Lose - Learn to bench Cherubis Carefully
G2 Win - He scoops to preserve time
G3 Win - His G-Booster is prized and mine isn't
Feeling Confident!

Top 4 vs K. Bax w/ SnorBax (are you serious, worst matchup vs the guy who practically invented it!)
G1 Lose - N'd him to two and he drew last Shadow Triad he needed for the game :( I almost had it!
G2 Lose - I fall behind and just scoop to not waste either of our time lol

Placed 4th and now I can put on Top Cut that Cherrim got Top 4 at cities lol :p
Got a ton of EX's and a Garchomp (will be a relevant card for next week *hint* *hint*) out of the packs

Nice job so far, especially in Masters! That looks like a really nice regional run, too bad about the second day though.

RogueChomp said:
Nice job so far, especially in Masters! That looks like a really nice regional run, too bad about the second day though.

Thanks, although to be fair I did get supported drought-ed all those games. Why? because my sleeves were sticky because I accidentally forgot my mat at home and THEN didn't have enough time to replace the sleeves

So, that was my fault

Masters is a lot easier for me than seniors. Seniors play too many rogues and since I usually play what is the best counter to the meta or has a good meta match up it was always hard for me. Definitely like the actual competitiveness of Masters a lot more

Nice Job so far. I had a league challenge yesterday (my first tournament as a Master). I went 2-2 with Darkgarb (7th place), but it was partly because I dead drew a ton. I miss seniors it was soo easy.

Lugia is the best said:
Nice Job so far. I had a league challenge yesterday (my first tournament as a Master). I went 2-2 with Darkgarb (7th place), but it was partly because I dead drew a ton. I miss seniors it was soo easy.

Lol, I'm a little on the fence how good DarkGarb is anymore with the ties and not being able to attack turn 1.... and not being able to stall because you have to flip a coin.

P.S. to everyone: I'll probably be playing TONS of rogues this season if anybody's interested.

Nice job at Indy regionals. I was there. I did really crappy in the main tournament (struggled against certain darkrai decks). However swept the try-again tournament to win half a box of Blast Packs.
Also i know the person who played "Flying Bison Deck" from Round 9 at Indy.

JungleBeatz said:
Nice job at Indy regionals. I was there. I did really crappy in the main tournament (struggled against certain darkrai decks). However swept the try-again tournament to win half a box of Blast Packs.
Also i know the person who played "Flying Bison Deck" from Round 9 at Indy.

LOL I love that guy not gonna lie from his youtube channel I assumed he'd be a complete *insert favorite derogatory term here* just because of the way he acts sometimes.
BUT he isn't he is actually a really awesome guy to talk to and he's pretty fun to play against. Hoping we'll meet somewhere at a tournament sometime.

Based on your locations for city tournaments, your in the NE Ohio Region.

There's a city tournament in Sandusky on Saturday and a city tournament in Columbus on Sunday. You going to either one?

JungleBeatz said:
Based on your locations for city tournaments, your in the NE Ohio Region.

There's a city tournament in Sandusky on Saturday and a city tournament in Columbus on Sunday. You going to either one?

I am going to the City champ. in Sandusky on Saturday and the League Challenge directly afterward. I'll see whether or not my friends want to drive me to Columbus on Sunday (or my parents), are you going?

Back