(2) 'Victini and Zekrom' To Play on Cartoon Network in February, New Forme for Kyurem Officially Hin

Mitja

veteran smartass
Its not about his or my or person X' opinion of Kyurems look. Its look is supposed to make you think it looks ugly.
I don't think it's ugly, I like its design, the background etc, but when I look at it, I just know most people would consider it ugly.
If you honestly don't think this is the case, we can only wait for what it turns out and then point at each other depending on the result.
Its just that it seems so obvious to me that I don't believe you're being serious and just want to stick to the facts for the sake of it at this point, regardless of how close any speculation might be to the truth. I don't know.
I think I need to get some sleep :S

And Meloetta is simply not a big deal so might as well make it usable for BW and not have to deal with this limited crap for it too. Unlike the monster that will be on the box.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I feel like Kyurem's tail things are supposed to attach to Zekrom and Reshiram's generators.

Mucrush

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Water Pokémon Master, did you see my post? You have to correct the news. The 10th anniversary wouldn't be 2013, but 2012.

pkmmaster

Battle Master
Mucrush said:
Hey Water Pokémon Master, did you see my post? You have to correct the news. The 10th anniversary wouldn't be 2013, but 2012.

They were released in Japan in 2002 but not released every where else untill 2003 making the 10th aniversary of the north american release 2013.

Gr8Ampharos

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Doesn't the legend speak of 1 dragon being split into 3 parts... correct me if I am wrong please, Kyurem is clearly not complete though, It looks like the ice that is on it's body is cracked and rigid. besides, it would be weird if they just suddenly declared a new Pokemon were to be made for grey/gray, it would mess up trading and everything as Ryu Shoji pointed out earlier.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think meloettas form being in BW means that we won't be getting any new formes in Gray. Maybe they thought Meloettas forme changing was very important for the pokémon and it would be in-complete without it. They would also have to ban ancient song Meloetta from being used in a Gray vs BW battles since that would probably cause problem.

If Kyurem is the original dragon that split into Reshiram/Zekrom. Why is it weaker then both of them (in terms of base stats)? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was equal or stronger than them?

Also, from a buisness point of view, I'm sure Gray will sell better with a new Kyurem forme. They can't add new pokémon, so different formes are the second best they can add. I'm not saying that Kyurem will get a new forme for sure, but I'm just thinking its really likely!

Oh, and Kyurem doesn't only look ugly. It also look old, awkward and weak!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I always thought they included Meloetta's other forme because Meloetta's own attack activates it. The forme is part of what Meloetta is. If Kyurem had another forme, like Giratina, the forme wouldn't really be tied to anything about it and would just be a new "option."

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Mitja said:
Its not about his or my or person X' opinion of Kyurems look. Its look is supposed to make you think it looks ugly.
I don't think it's ugly, I like its design, the background etc, but when I look at it, I just know most people would consider it ugly.
If you honestly don't think this is the case, we can only wait for what it turns out and then point at each other depending on the result.
Its just that it seems so obvious to me that I don't believe you're being serious and just want to stick to the facts for the sake of it at this point, regardless of how close any speculation might be to the truth. I don't know.

And Meloetta is simply not a big deal so might as well make it usable for BW and not have to deal with this limited crap for it too. Unlike the monster that will be on the box.

All This.
I admit I have a bit of trouble trying to explain everything that's in my mind, but Mitja pretty much summarized what I meant.

Ryu, my basis isn't just its look. The japanese BW versions specifically say that Reshiram and Zekrom were a single dragon. They don't say it's Kyurem but we know that Kyurem is obviously related to the other 2. Now, Kyurem looks old, is assymetrical, zombie-eyed and can't generate energy. The different BST wouldn't be a problem if it surpassed Reshiram & Zekrom, but what happens is the opposite. It is weaker. All of this suggests like people have been suspecting that it is the Single dragon corpse.
Then, there's the God Stone. Does Kyurem look like a god in its current design? No. At least not like Reshiram & Zekrom.

So, if Kyurem is the dragon corpse, then my guess is that the new forme and the Grey plot will resolve around Kyurem to become the original dragon again (hence "God" stone). One possibility being since it has a plug-like tail, it could use it to absorb energy from Reshiram & Zekrom (like WPM said) to achieve its original look.

Anyway, I'm already tired of discussing this. I'll happily laugh at the face of the people who still doubt Kyurem will get a new forme when it is revealed...

btw: I said I like Kyurem anyway. But it's truthfully weird...

Ryu Shoji

Aspiring Trainer
pkmmaster said:
They were released in Japan in 2002 but not released every where else untill 2003 making the 10th aniversary of the north american release 2013.
Except that when Pokémon hyped up the 10th anniversary across the world, they hyped up Japan's 10th anniversary. Besides, for a game to be released in 2013 in Japan to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the American release? Highly doubt that will happen - after all, Japan didn't go crazy in 2009 about it being the 10th anniversary of Red and Blue's European release =3.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I feel like Kyurem's tail things are supposed to attach to Zekrom and Reshiram's generators.
I will give you that the icicle pattern on each of Kyurem's wings look similar standard Japanese/American plug, while the tail looks like a UK one. However, looking at Reshiram and Zekrom, where could they attach to? There's nowhere on Reshiram or Zekrom where Kyurem could "attack" onto.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I always thought they included Meloetta's other forme because Meloetta's own attack activates it. The forme is part of what Meloetta is. If Kyurem had another forme, like Giratina, the forme wouldn't really be tied to anything about it and would just be a new "option."
Yet GameFreak decided to put the move tutor into BW and made that the method of obtaining Meloetta's forme in the first place. They could have easily given the forme change a different cause and programmed Kyurem's forme into BW.

Metalizard said:
Ryu, my basis isn't just its look. The japanese BW versions specifically say that Reshiram and Zekrom were a single dragon. They don't say it's Kyurem but we know that Kyurem is obviously related to the other 2. Now, Kyurem looks old, is assymetrical, zombie-eyed and can't generate energy. The different BST wouldn't be a problem if it surpassed Reshiram & Zekrom, but what happens is the opposite. It is weaker. All of this suggests like people have been suspecting that it is the Single dragon corpse.
Then, there's the God Stone. Does Kyurem look like a god in its current design? No. At least not like Reshiram & Zekrom.
What we know of Kyurem is the legend that it came from a meteorite. Reshiram and Zekrom were still the original dragon when Unova was being founded - therefore, they were on the Earth. Kyurem came from space.

Kyurem's lack of pupils and "dead" appearance would come from the "Absolute Zero" and lack of energy. Not from being a corpse of a dragon that existed on an entirely different plane at the time.

I'll happily laugh at the face of the people who still doubt Kyurem will get a new forme when it is revealed...
And I'll do the same when it's not revealed xD

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Ryu Shoji said:
What we know of Kyurem is the legend that it came from a meteorite. Reshiram and Zekrom were still the original dragon when Unova was being founded - therefore, they were on the Earth. Kyurem came from space.

Kyurem's lack of pupils and "dead" appearance would come from the "Absolute Zero" and lack of energy. Not from being a corpse of a dragon that existed on an entirely different plane at the time.

The Lacunosa legend is a legend in the pokémon world itself (Plus, the legend says Kyurem ate people and other Pokémon but it has its mouth frozen and can't open it. I wouldn't give much credit to that legend).
And what do you suggest that is the connection between Kyurem and Reshiram & Zekrom, then?

Ryu Shoji

Aspiring Trainer
Metalizard said:
The Lacunosa legend is a legend in the pokémon world itself (Plus, the legend says Kyurem ate people and other Pokémon but it has its mouth frozen and can't open it. I wouldn't give much credit to that legend).
And what do you suggest that is the connection between Kyurem and Reshiram & Zekrom, then?
Has it ever actually been confirmed that Kyurem can't open its mouth? Let's think realistically here - if it can't open its mouth, it can't eat. If it can't eat, it will die. It's not dead. As we can see from the Kyurem VS Sacred Swordsmen trailer, Kyurem can at least open it to the degree where it can make sounds.

Also, you'd rather believe an ancient legend about how a single dragon magically split into two due to the power of hate over the legend of one dragon being able to eat people?

As for how Kyurem ties in with Reshiram and Zekrom. Honestly, this is why I would have preferred if the third version focused on Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion by having Plasma's goal orientated around them instead, as the whole yin-yang thing of Black and White with Reshiram and Zekrom was so tightly knitted.

One quote from the Daodejing about wuji that really strikes me though is:
Know whiteness, Maintain blackness, and be a model for all under heaven. By being a model for all under heaven, Eternal integrity will not err. If eternal integrity does not err, You will return to infinity. (28, tr. Mair 1990:93)
So perhaps Kyurem could have a similar role as to what Rayquaza had to Groudon and Kyogre? Perhaps N seeks Zekrom (the ideal), while Cheren seeks Reshiram (the "truth"; which would fit into his thoughts about what he is etc in regards to being a trainer). Then, as the two clash, the player has to seek out the maintainer - Kyurem.

Archeops

Aspiring Trainer
check it out, I know It might not be real, but according to my friend this was on the jap pokemon site but was taken down some reason. I actually do think this is a fake one but it still does look pretty cool, so just search up pokemon gray kyurem, go to the bar of pictures, and it should show a really cool version of kyurem.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
I think Cheren isn't going to get a dragon-it wouldn't make any sense. Emerald-both legends are awakened by the bad teams and fight. Platinum-both dragons are awakened by Cyrus and are both evil. Gray-one is awakened by the evil leader and one is awakened by your best friend? I don't think so. Much more likely is that N gets both.

Ryu Shoji

Aspiring Trainer
Dark Void said:
I think Cheren isn't going to get a dragon-it wouldn't make any sense. Emerald-both legends are awakened by the bad teams and fight. Platinum-both dragons are awakened by Cyrus and are both evil. Gray-one is awakened by the evil leader and one is awakened by your best friend? I don't think so. Much more likely is that N gets both.
In Emerald, Team Magma awaken Groudon and Team Aqua awaken Kyogre. Two different people awaken the legendary and you awaken the third to calm them down. The only difference would be that Cheren isn't a villain.

I see no problem with that at all. After all, it's more farfetched that N would seek BOTH the truth and the ideal - you can't have both, it's a one or the other deal.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
The fact that Cheren isn't evil is pretty big. If its good guy vs. bad guy and you're a good guy, why are you stopping the fight instead of supporting your buddy? Hence why N is going to go for both dragons, I would think. Also, just because truth and ideals don't mix well doesn't mean N can't try-if he succeeds, mixing truth and ideals would make his idea not only seem more impressive, but more unopposed, since there is no dragon the people know of who will stop N.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Ryu Shoji said:
Has it ever actually been confirmed that Kyurem can't open its mouth? Let's think realistically here - if it can't open its mouth, it can't eat. If it can't eat, it will die. It's not dead. As we can see from the Kyurem VS Sacred Swordsmen trailer, Kyurem can at least open it to the degree where it can make sounds.

You should probably see the trailer again cuz Kyurem doesn't open its mouth a single time. Plus, Reshiram learns Fire Fang at lv. 1, Zekrom learns Thunder Fang at lv. 1, Kyurem learns Icy Wind at lv. 1, not Ice Fang, referring to the fact that it can't open its mouth...
Also, the Regis, for example, don't have mouth, so they most likely don't eat but you don't see them dying because of that...

nomekop55555

I'm back!
Well, maybe Kyreum is ready for a makeover.... It would definitely help to have both better stats and attacks. Could be that Kyreum will look a bit like Haxorus when they're done with him. Haxorus is awesome!!! :p

zoradude

Go around... Go around...
Dang, 2 pages in just a day or two!

Anyhoo, I'm not sure who to respond to, so I'll just say what I think:

I'm not doubting Kyurem will get a new form. Not at all. But I'm just saying that this recent little Corocoro doesn't mean a new form. So don't try to prove to me that it's gonna happen, because I don't need any more proof. I've heard it all about three times. :p

As for those who think it definately won't happen, I forgot exactly what was said, something about how it looks or something... anyway, something I wanted to say, who really thought Giratina would get a new form? It definately didn't need one. If anything, Kyurem is waaaaay more deserving. You know why.:p

As for RS remakes, I do not think they will make a "sequel", but instead, a remake. I would like a new game, but they just aren't going to. If they do, great. But there is a %99 chance that they won't.

Now I'm done with this topic. Bleh.:p

nomekop55555

I'm back!
Mitja said:

You have a point there....

shiny umbreon

Aspiring Trainer
Topic 1: I personally don't care if Kyurem gets a new form. Sure, it might have it's perks. Say it increases it's stats by a certian number. Like 25. Then I would be interested. This would be nice, except you can't bring the Ice Dragon to States, Nationals, ect. Then you couldn't show it's true power. That's a huge con for me.
But Either way, Life wouldn't change if Kyurem activated it's new form.

Topic 2: I'm glad that Victini and Zekrom is playing once more. That way I can see all the action again. :3