Ruling 2-on-2 Pokémon Battles

BoDragon

Aspiring Trainer
Two-on-two Pokémon battles have existed for a couple years now. Even though it exists, most people stick to one-on-one Pokémon battles. Is it legal to have two-on-two Pokémon battles in premier events?

Like i mentioned in that other thread, all official tournament matches are 1vs1. In premier events, i'm sure that you could get a 2vs2 game happening but it depends on the Judge and other players. You must get EVERY player to agree to playing a 2vs2 game for the entire tournament and have the Judge approve, we have done that before. It is much easier going 1vs1 so trying to get people to play 2vs2 will be hard and most likely wont happen.

It's a real challenge as a 2 v. 2 game can take longer to complete, which means that there would be much fewer rounds for a tournament.

Although it is very rare to find them, I like the concept of 2-on-2 battling. It would be confusing for new players to understand, so I may show it to those who are challenged to know that aspect.

Having a thought already, does anyone find Big Stump useful in 2-on-2 play?

Hm, I definitely see that being a very disruptive card in 2-on-2 play. It would mess with everyone's plans, hopefully not your teammate as well.

And Holon Lass would be outrageously broken. @_@

2v2 Play can be played, but the reason why people, TO's don't want to do this is becase the rules gets more complex and 2v2 takes long then a normal 1v1 tournament.

Back