(2) New HGSS Images, New Arceus Cards [6/15]

RE: (1) New Arceus Cards [6/15]

I'm a bit disappointed with the Arceus. I think they're a bit weak, supposed we talk about "the God of all Pokémon". But I think (hope) you can pull out a pretty fast deck with them.

Can we get a translation for the promo Arceus below?

the cards are lame but the artwork on them isn't!even the lv.X are lame.

Well, that's it. the whole Arceus deck now relies on getting 6 Arceus out for the Colorless one and having no drawpower or Azelf. I'm just glad this set still has Charizard.

well, with the new lvX translation, there's some hope for arceus, and the stadium too. but IMO it's gonna flop like Deoxys from LA. though being able to run like 8 of your starter is a bit of a plus.

If league didnt close... The ONLY deck I would be running is a Arceus deck... *Dies looking at how cool they are :mad:*

I think it's wierd how they have a stadium as a promo, like TSD was a Secret Rare. The Arceus cards look cool though.

The new map of Johto looks awesome. I especially like that picture of Ecruteak City. I was hoping for some surprises, so maybe these new things appearing on the map will be pretty cool. :]

About Johto: I'm mainly curious about that HUGE area next to Cianwood. I recon the new Goldenrod-area things are a Battle Tower and a small park extension.

About Arceus: Arceus only has ONE weapon against Mewtwo X: Which is the 50-damage move from the Water variety. Hardly a proper defence. It's flopping VERY hard, and that stadium isn't going to do a lot.

The new Battle Frontier is quite sexy.

Click here.

New Pikachu Sprite = lol. It's a pic from the PokéWalker thingy.

Click here. This confirms that Arceus gives you a choice of Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina.

There's also some update about Jirachi on the HGSS Site, but I'm not going to overkill it.

Great news.
The artworks of the Arceus cards look great so far, especially the Lv.x card of Shizurow. This guy does a simply amazing job at designing the Lv.x´s artwork.

I got a sneekpeak of the Gengar Lv.x card of Dpt4:
img04.jpg

Looks amazing doesn´t it, although you can not see that much.

Edit: Pokemon-card.com recognized their mistake, that they revealed Gengar Lv.x and the poster of the set too early and changed the images! I uploaded the original for you again:

img04pfl.jpg

Because of this picture I believe there are only 4 Lv.x in the Dpt4 Set although it might be that there is a fifth because one card on the picture is still hidden.

Dracidius said:
Great news.
The artworks of the Arceus cards look great so far, especially the Lv.x card of Shizurow. This guy does a simply amazing job at designing the Lv.x´s artwork.

I got a sneekpeak of the Gengar Lv.x card of Dpt4:
img04.jpg

Looks amazing doesn´t it, although you can not see that much.
Because of this picture I believe there are only 4 Lv.x in the Dpt4 Set. I got a very small picture of the whole set on a poster:
img01b.jpg

If you got very good eyes you can see the shiny ponyta in the second row and as far as I can see there are no reprints and only 4 Lv.x cards. What do you think?

I could see a Pelliper in there, as well as sort of make out Porygon-Z G and Beedrill G.

Wow, I think my nightmare of a Gizamimi (Notched Ear) Pichu Lv. X might come true...

Ash's Pikachu Lv. X!!!!

http://www.pokemon-card.com/card/img/card_image/large/DPtP/024269_P_PIKACHUUMMUBI.gif

i'm guess that one of the new areas has a GTS. and another might me the pal park, if they are still using that concept. or for all we know, they both could be in kanto. the art for Ecruteak City is very pretty and the box art is just amazing.

with all these arceus cards, we at least have a higher chance of getting at least 1 arceus when we pull cards, considering there are so many.

The chunk west of cianwood is definitely the new Battle Frontier,. and cool in the picture of Ecrtuteak you can see mahogany Town and sprout Tower. You can faintly see teh lake of rage too.

Is that HOLO ENERGY I SPY? No wonder this set is huge. BEST SET EVER IF THOSE ENERGIES ARE HOLO. Yeah, seriously, I'll buy this set for those. I see Gengar has a Power and it looks like his attack places damage counters or doesn't do damage at all because I see no number on the right. :F

Arceus, and meh. Psychic is still pretty good against Machamp. That is, if you can charge it. Lake Boundary/Lucario help. Grass can heal, meh. Fighting is Hippowdown all over again. I hurt hurting my Bench. Arceus Lv.X is one of the best so far, but only because he can do anything he wants. And the Ultimate Zone is less than what I expected. Extra Energy is always nice, but from the Bench? Stark Mountain is almost better. x_x

As for the new areas, the area west of Cianwood is massive. What could they possibly put there? ;o Looks like a Route and maybe the BF. The Poke Walker areas sound cool. 1000 steps is nothing to the 5000 in Personal Trainer Walking. At least we know what that area is now. I'm guessing the GTS is west of Goldenrod, but I have no idea on what the area west of Ecruteak City could be. There's not really that many places, unless they're new. ;o

dmaster out.

Lou Cypher said:
About Johto: I'm mainly curious about that HUGE area next to Cianwood. I recon the new Goldenrod-area things are a Battle Tower and a small park extension.

About Arceus: Arceus only has ONE weapon against Mewtwo X: Which is the 50-damage move from the Water variety. Hardly a proper defence. It's flopping VERY hard, and that stadium isn't going to do a lot.

Factor in the new Lv.X and the psychic version below it and use the water version's attack from the bench which also contains Lucario GL. All the sudden this card ohkos Mewtwo Lv.X with some trainer assistance. Looks like Arceus is ment to be a weakness hunter with the current choices concerning the Lv.X cards and the mediocre damage from the standard basics. Consider that the the situation does not look that bad anymore. Arceus seems to be a pure metagame tech deck.

Back