Collecting 18 Packs in Booster Box?

matthewbny

no
I'm planning on ordering this off of Potomac Distribution and have a question regarding it. It's a Spanish-language version of the HeartGold and SoulSilver base set, but it says only 18 packs. I know Booster Boxes have had 36 packs in them for a while (although I've never opened one), but are there other Booster Boxes with just 18 packs, and are they exclusive to non-English products?

(Not sure if this is the right subforum btw)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Moved to the Collector's Showcase forum as it is a more appropriate place for the question. ~Athena

Unfortunately, I can't help you myself. I've never heard of such a thing, though the product does look properly sealed. What's strange is that all of the other HGSS Spanish booster boxes available on that site are 36 packs like normal.

Perhaps someone here with more information about Spanish language cards might be able to help you. Otherwise perhaps you could contact the store for more information?

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I can't say I'm an expert on Spanish cards by any means, but after some research I found some interesting things. Firstly, there is almost no information on Spanish cards anywhere. The few videos I managed to find were of people opening boxes with 36 packs, but with five cards a pack. The product you linked to has only 18 packs, but 10 cards per pack. Furthermore, the same website has a listing for a HGSS box with 36 packs. Other Spanish sets, such as Base Set, seem to have 36 packs. Overall, this is definitely a really strange occurrence. (Also I'm pretty sure different languages have different numbers of packs per box, like how modern Japanese boxes have 20 packs of five cards.)