14 too old? (just another one of those age threads)

Gamefreak734

So I heard you like muDkiPz!
I'm 14 and I was just wondering is 14 too old to be pokemon and ben 10? Because I would probably get bullied if people found out about it.

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
Gamefreak734 said:
I'm 14 and I was just wondering is 14 too old to be pokemon and ben 10? Because I would probably get bullied if people found out about it.

Of course not. If anyone bullies you, they're just low life morons who don't have anything else better to do. If you do get bullied... try to do something about it but you'll laugh on the inside knowing that they're just doing themselves wrong by acting in the manner they are.

So, no, it is not. Most people I've told about me still playing Pokemon are a litle surprised because they think the name sounds silly (you all know it's true. Poke-E-Mon). The rest just don't care. Unless you tell it to a punk loser, you should have no problem.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm 15 and people bully for likeing the Dallas Cowboys, and I live in Eagles country and I can't stand the Eagles

Dragon Rider Of PokeBeach

Thread Killer
No it isn't. If you have ever gone to a Pre Release (at least in Ames,IA) there will be more people that are 18 and older than the littler kids. And more Seniors too. A good majority of the people in my school play Pokemon (although I'm not sure if they are just joking around yet, but they seem pretty serious) and no one makes fun of them. It's one of those guilty pleasures in life. And as for Ben 10, I'm 14 and I still enjoy it. It's a good show :).

Papi/Manny

Fixing=definately delayed, maybe done?
I had this dilema when I was 14 too...this year, my "secret" got out in the papers (I can't help if I"m too good. :D) and everybody learned about it. At first, there were some problems...mostly my friends actually, acting like goofs and whatnot. But eventually everybody chilled and actually some of the popular kids started playing the video game. :D So you never know how things will turn out unless you go about trying them...lol.

Moneyking63

King of the Waters
well i wish i knew, i like threads like these even know i have never seen one before, i am 13 and no one knows i like pokemon, its not that im ashamed of it its just that im afraid ill have that same dilema as many people encounter. I came to pokebeach about a month ago and I kind of realized that more people then 7 year old kids like pokemon! That is definetly a good thing!! Do you guys have any suggestions or stories of what to do if you do get bullied or something in school. poeple at my school played the pokemon video games for a while but now that is over and no one really likes it anymore!
P.S I hope this isnt offending anyone and if it is im truly sorry it is certainly not meant too.

Gale

Guess who's back (kinda)? Back again (kinda)
Puh-leeeze... if anyone bullies you, they're probably jealous that you have such fine hobbies. The people who are bullying you's hobbies are probably hitting their coffee table with a hammer while watching the 6:00 news...

No, you're not too old. You're never too old to like something. Whether its Pokemon, Ben10, or whatever it is, you're never too old to be a kid ;)

Moneyking63

King of the Waters
ya i guess that is true, we all have inner childs maybe ours is just a little more tapped into than others, i certainly look at that as a good thing! :p

Papi/Manny

Fixing=definately delayed, maybe done?
I would try to wait until high school to let people know. Like, I'm sure some of your close friends would understand why you play and such (if no, then they are not true friends), but others might not. People in high school tend to be more understanding and open, so you should be fine then...but jr. high kids can be wicked mean.

Moneyking63

King of the Waters
jr high kids can be wicked mean, YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN, i have good friends and they understand most things, i have a very big lego collection and some people probably think thats nerdy but even though my friends dont like legos themselves thier really supportive about it!!! Then there is all of the things that impact jr. high which is girls and all that what not so theres another aspect but ill have to cross that bridge when I come to it!! I have been looking for a thread like this and i think it helps alot of people!! Thanks alot guys!!! Your really a big help!!

banettewilldestroyallofyou

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh middle school people are definately meanies, I'm 12 and I have only told my two closest friends about my addiction to pokemon:D I would try to kepp it to yourself in middle school because like I said middle schoolers are extremely narrow minded(in general). Anyway 14 is defiantely not to old, I ahve seen people from the age of 7 to 60 playing pokemon and there's almost always more 15+ people at my tournaments:) BTW legos are fun:D Also don't let other people impact what you enjoy or do.

BeachBoy

We're the frontlines!
im 16 , when i was a middle schooler my secret was let out and i quit for around 1 to 2 maybe 3 years

yea i was hawked by everyone , lost my popularity and everyone laughed at me daily , lost many of my so called friends

it was an extremely long process gaining my popularity again , i was the scum of middle school
luckily track wiped it away being a captain and seemed to be fergotten when my girlfriend and i got back together with her understanding my sitchu and eventually after the long process peace was restored

many think its a childs game , well i think its NOT kids game , just attracts them more than 20+ year olds , etc
i got back into poke when i moved , and i just keep it super secret , no one except my family knows
so far im back to the way i was befor it was let out , popular and secret gamer , watching my steps O.O

Moneyking63

King of the Waters
Thanks guys this really helps me, I dont do a whole lot of sports just soccer and I do a lot of bike riding but not enough to extremly boost my populatity, I have always been in the middle when it comes to popularity, not at the top of the social food chain but not at the bottom either. I really dont know much anime or manga besides pokemon and i dont really want to, not that its a bad thing i just dont think im tottally into it. One of the hardest things for me is that my family doesnt know i like pokemon. Im an only child so my parents can some times be like close friends to me (dont worry i have alot of other friends :p) and even though my parents can be nosy they respect my personal space so that helps. I guess im afraid if they find out that they willl think im immature or whatever so therefore i dont have alot of the games, just emerald and diamond, (those were hard to get) not many trading cards or anything like that. I really enjoy pokebeach though!! Its hard to buy the stuff i have to ride my bike to places and only buy whatever i can bike ride home with. Once again I dont want insult anyone here and im certainly not trying to! And your right you cant let other people influence your life. You only live life once so you have to live it to the fullest!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Light Manaphy

Lurker.
You aren,t too old I remember the Electronic Game Show 2004 here in mexico there was a Mystickticket giveaway seriously we were few kids a lot of people of 20-35 years don,t be afraid of that,many people at my school know that I am a pokemaniac and a spongebob maniac (yes pretty low for my age) I even foind another guy who likes pokemon at my school and I don,t get bullied just enjoy your poke addiction and if you want tell it to your friends if not keep it as a secret what you think is more convenient ^^

Gamefreak734

So I heard you like muDkiPz!
You know I started high school three years ago and the kids are so mean. See over here there is no middle school. And I am really the old one out because I dont drink or smoke like them. If you knew the kids in my school you would definatly know to “stick to the status quo”. I have told teachers but that makes it worse. But I still like pokemon and ben 10. Some people do describe me as strong minded

BM1014

Banner credit to lilsparks and G2F.
:O That's not old, if it's old, why is there the Masters Division ? Anyway, a lot of guys in my school plays Pokemon (I'm 12) But sadly, only 2 people I know play well, 2 or so are not bad, rest of them (98%) are noobs. :O

Ho-Oh_Master

Member of the Midnight Crew
It is not too old! But of course people will bully you since of your likes and dislikes but still the average age of pokemon players have increased, from 8 years old to who knows what.

dragon9

Top 16 VGC Nationals
I used to get laughed at a lot but now I 'brainwash' people into watching me play etc.And really, everyone actually likes Pokemon.People who watched it ages ago probably liked it then,but then they forgot about it,but once they see it again they get back into it.

Arcanine 274

=/
The only age that is too old in Pokemon is one where you're not comfortable playing it, or you're tired of it. There's no age restriction limit. People will only make fun of you because they're not satisfied with their own lives, and it gets easier as you get better when you can reply that you've won scholarship money and trips around the world, and what have they done?

Arcanine out.