(1) Worlds Opening Ceremony Reveals Mega Kangaskhan [8/10]

Michael

Aspiring Trainer
This is all getting really exciting. Worlds was amazing to watch live. The Kangaskhan resembles Cubone. It is nice to see it out of the pouch.

Setosama

Mew Trainer
Soundtrack being on iTunes is awesome!

Mega Kangaskhan... I hope there's some change in the parent I'm not seeing because otherwise, this is the laziest of the mega evolution, not to mention X and Y designs so far. A broken ability doesn't make up for a lazier design than calling Magneton an evolution by tacking 2 more magnemite on. -_-

I'm sorry, but this is the ONE design I'm sure will never grow on me. It doesn't really look evolved at all. Hope the official Sugimori artwork will change my mind about this but I doubt it. A broken ability is nice but it doesn't make up for an obviously effortless re-design. T-T

Bogleech

Aspiring Trainer
^But the whole point is that Kangaskhan itself doesn't go mega; just the baby does. That's fun, unique and clever. Who cares about the design? Mega evolutions already barely differ from regular pokemon in appearance and clearly aren't meant to be very different. None of them look "evolved" or are supposed to.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
Setosama said:

Mega Kangaskhan... I hope there's some change in the parent I'm not seeing because otherwise, this is the laziest of the mega evolution, not to mention X and Y designs so far. A broken ability doesn't make up for a lazier design than calling Magneton an evolution by tacking 2 more magnemite on. -_-

I'm sorry, but this is the ONE design I'm sure will never grow on me. It doesn't really look evolved at all. Hope the official Sugimori artwork will change my mind about this but I doubt it. A broken ability is nice but it doesn't make up for an obviously effortless re-design. T-T

That's because the Mega form is focusing on the baby. It's meant to highlight and showcase the youngster. Not all of the Megas have to be overdesigned versions of the original. This design isn't lazy, if anything it's one of the best designs, because it shows that these aren't evos, they are just upgraded forms.

Besides, yes, a broken ability does make up for an effortless redesign.

TheAmazingDerpfish

I...am...Derperior!
Setosama said:

Think of it as Kangaskhan giving the Mega Stone to her child. If you look at it closely, the baby has grown more plates and a purple spot on its belly, as well as its eyes being red.

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Gogoat said:
Genius. I love it. Did we really just get a Kangaskhan pre-evolution, within an actual evolution? Without increasing the Pokedex count?
Doing so, like you said, they don't have to waste a spot on the pokedex and can use it for another, probably better, Pokemon. Mega K is definitely going to be a powerhouse though and a nightmare in competitive if you're battling against it.

I dont get it whe people say "they won't have to waste a spot on the pokedex" Is there something I'm missing? No pokemon in the pokedex wastes any spot since GF can put any number of pokemon they'd want to

professorlight

Ice Queen
Jaime Runt said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Doing so, like you said, they don't have to waste a spot on the pokedex and can use it for another, probably better, Pokemon. Mega K is definitely going to be a powerhouse though and a nightmare in competitive if you're battling against it.

I dont get it whe people say "they won't have to waste a spot on the pokedex" Is there something I'm missing? No pokemon in the pokedex wastes any spot since GF can put any number of pokemon they'd want to

They can, but we know they won't make a generation with 300 plus new pokemon. All gens have between 120 and 160 pokemon (or something like that), so if you put, hypotetically speaking, three pokemon and their evolutions based on the same concept with the same types as the starters and crappy movepools (always hypotetically speaking, of course) you are basically wasting six pokedex slots into something that is the same thing three times over (and I can't stress enough how hypothetical this pokemon are) but we know gamefreak wouldn't be so lazy to make triplets of a same pokemon and give them publicity and hype them as if they were something important, right?

Setosama

Mew Trainer
xayshade said:
That's because the Mega form is focusing on the baby. It's meant to highlight and showcase the youngster. Not all of the Megas have to be overdesigned versions of the original. This design isn't lazy, if anything it's one of the best designs, because it shows that these aren't evos, they are just upgraded forms.

Um, it's not a "Mega Form" it's a "Mega EVOLUTION!" SO YES there should be WAY more to it than redesigning the baby a tad and bringing it out of the pouch. I'm sorry but no. Although it does keep with the first gen tradition of multiple evolution designs being lazy as ****, I'll give it that. (BITE ME GENWUNNERS!)

Raptor9229

Aspiring Dragon Trainer
Setosama said:
xayshade said:

Um, it's not a "Mega Form" it's a "Mega EVOLUTION!" SO YES there should be WAY more to it than redesigning the baby a tad and bringing it out of the pouch. I'm sorry but no. Although it does keep with the first gen tradition of multiple evolution designs being lazy as ****, I'll give it that. (BITE ME GENWUNNERS!)

Actually this is probably one of the best Mega Evolutions so far if you look at it the right way.

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
professorlight said:
Jaime Runt said:

They can, but we know they won't make a generation with 300 plus new pokemon. All gens have between 120 and 160 pokemon (or something like that), so if you put, hypotetically speaking, three pokemon and their evolutions based on the same concept with the same types as the starters and crappy movepools (always hypotetically speaking, of course) you are basically wasting six pokedex slots into something that is the same thing three times over (and I can't stress enough how hypothetical this pokemon are) but we know gamefreak wouldn't be so lazy to make triplets of a same pokemon and give them publicity and hype them as if they were something important, right?
Oh... I see what you mean (I think). Mainly the only problem I see with the megas being part of the pokedex is that it'll be required to see them to complete th e pokedex. On the other hand, even if never done before, they could just expand the number of pokemon in the pokedex. I don't see it happening though, they'll likely be considered as forms just like rotom forms in Unova.

Raptor9229

Aspiring Dragon Trainer
Jaime Runt said:
professorlight said:
Oh... I see what you mean (I think). Mainly the only problem I see with the megas being part of the pokedex is that it'll be required to see them to complete th e pokedex. On the other hand, even if never done before, they could just expand the number of pokemon in the pokedex. I don't see it happening though, they'll likely be considered as forms just like rotom forms in Unova.

I don't think you will be required to see them to complete the pokedex. They will probably be listed under forme otherwise Gamefreak would have to go through by adding however many Mega pokemon they have to the numbers.