(1) Worlds Opening Ceremony Reveals Mega Kangaskhan [8/10]

Frezgle

Winged Death
Oh. OH MY. I actually really love this; it's like the mother Kanga lets the baby have all the Mega power, hence why it doesn't change but the baby does. I think it's really cool ouo
I hope we see more unusual mega forms like this one because I was a little disappointed with the ones we got this week.

CynicalGiant

Aspiring Trainer
professorlight said:
This is brilliant.

I mean, the baby evolves, not the mother, it's friggin' brilliant!
It's a perfect design decision, since kangaskhan doesn't change, but still gains new abilities. Now let's hope the second attack does at least 1/2 the damage, I think even a magikarp would be broken if it could attack twice in a row.

Double Hit would hit 4 times instead of 2 and do 210 with STAB and Giga Impact would do 450 with stab.

Prepare for death.

dragotoed

Aspiring Trainer
Love the idea. It's simple design-wise but seriously beautiful concept-wise. <3 But damn, dat ability. I wonder if it has any raised states like the other revealed megas. They're really pushing the limits with these Pokemon and it's a really nice change to the series.

GlaceonFanatic

Snow King
Rusty Sticks said:
Parent doesn't change because the Mega Stone doesn't effect her. She spared herself the extra power to give it to her child, which is why only it changes, rather than her.

I like it.

Exactly. People are getting mad at the fact that the parent kangaskhan didn't change when the point of the mega evolution was so the baby can get the power and actually attack.

AtmosphericThunder

Artist
DorianBlack said:
Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby attacks at full power as well. I'm getting the feeling that Mega Evolutions are supposed to be to Pokémon what Smash Balls are to Super Smash Bros. - ridiculously overpowered, but hard to activate, and not very long-lasting.

Once a Pokemon Mega Evolves, it stays that way until the battle ends.

EDIT: Also, I just saw here: http://youtu.be/mWq6UEO2k5w?t=10m29s that Mega Kangaskhan used Mega Punch when it attacked Conkeldurr.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer
I really like that the Parent Kangaskhan didn't change. It shows that Mega evolutions doesn't HAVE to get hairer or just getting getting more "badass" details.

I hated mega evolution at first and was praying it was fake, but honestly now that I've been thinking more about it I really like it and think its an awsome idea! I would love to get a Mega Charizard! Sure he's perfect as he is but it would be soo cool too see him maybe getting a bit skinnier (lol, he has a pretty big belly xD) and maybe some stripes like the charizard clone in the first move, and add a bigger flame on his tail or something :D

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
Videoland said:
I really like that the Parent Kangaskhan didn't change. It shows that Mega evolutions doesn't HAVE to get hairer or just getting getting more "badass" details.

I hated mega evolution at first and was praying it was fake, but honestly now that I've been thinking more about it I really like it and think its an awsome idea! I would love to get a Mega Charizard! Sure he's perfect as he is but it would be soo cool too see him maybe getting a bit skinnier (lol, he has a pretty big belly xD) and maybe some stripes like the charizard clone in the first move, and add a bigger flame on his tail or something :D

Also a more reddish skin colour like charmeleon's and the dragon typing since even amphy got it too. :D

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
^All that and a second pair of wings... Not joking... I'd like to see that... Plus, it'd would form an X with four wings which seems to be a pattern (having X or Y shaped parts of the body) in some other megas like Blaziken and Lucario (Mega Blastoise could form a Y with its cannons to counterpart it)...

Gogoat

Aspiring Trainer
Genius. I love it. Did we really just get a Kangaskhan pre-evolution, within an actual evolution? Without increasing the Pokedex count?

Parental Bond sounds insanely overpowered. Double Fake Out? I'm expecting Parental Bond to entail the "second attacker", baby Kangaskhan, attacking for half of the damage the "first attacker" inflicts. Or something to balance it out.

But, I am in awe.

FennekinWright

Aspiring Trainer
What I find the most interesting is the way Mega Baby Kangaskhan takes the lead and actually stands in front, whereas Mama Kangashan just hangs out in the back, completely unchanged. This makes me wonder if Parental Bond might actually be balanced by having Mega Kangaskhan's defense stats actually decrease, as though Baby Kangaskhan was the one having to endure all the attacks as well.

But that doesn't really make sense. Maybe I'm just thinking that because Baby Kangaskhan has always looked suspiciously like a Substitute anyhow.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
Apparently, the closing ceremony is going to have another special announcement.

Neil

That Homosexual
unsheathed said:

Maybe it'll be another Mega Pokemon? I'm hoping so.. Where did you hear there'll be another announcement?

PG24

Advanced Member
Neil said:
unsheathed said:

Maybe it'll be another Mega Pokemon? I'm hoping so.. Where did you hear there'll be another announcement?

During the intermission for the closing ceremony, Jwittz and Crimz interrupted it halfway to say not to leave since there will be a special announcement.

I'll probably get a few screenshots of whatever it is.

PG24

Advanced Member
Nope, just restating Corocoro information. :|

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Gogoat said:
Genius. I love it. Did we really just get a Kangaskhan pre-evolution, within an actual evolution? Without increasing the Pokedex count?

The way I see it is that Gamefreak finally made something out of the baby so that everyone wanting a pre evo can finally be somewhat happy and shut up. Doing so, like you said, they don't have to waste a spot on the pokedex and can use it for another, probably better, Pokemon. Mega K is definitely going to be a powerhouse though and a nightmare in competitive if you're battling against it.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
The Pikachu Mafia said:
Worlds is in D.C next year, so exciting! I'll be able to go and it will be my first time at worlds!

Me too, I live only a few hours away! I'm so excited it took me three times to type this!

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Im so excited that I finally might be going to a World Championship. My mom doesn't like driving in traffic, but its only like a 1 hour drive so Im gonna do my best to convince her.

TheAmazingDerpfish

I...am...Derperior!
From the new trailer shown at the closing ceremony:
nmwwbUB.png

Aaand it's already up on YouTube.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BftrqE2CQiQ[/video]