(1) Pokemon Life in Japan: Around the Corner [5/26]

Yakkov

Shiny Hunter, Event Collector, and Breeder
Its so cool in Japan, I wish I lived there. At least I wouldn't be made fun of because of my age. At least there, someone wouldn't come up to me and say "hey, you like Pokeman", and walk away laughing.

The three floors of Pokemon amaze me. Even the Seven Eleven stores have Pokemon. I mean where I live the most thing you get at one is a 49 cent fountain drink.

B-Ray

The Stuff of Legends
Why dont they do that here? People would get into so much more if it was marketed more than any other game in the country :p

-Black Rayquaza

roroverma

Aspiring Trainer
I envy every person in Japan who gets to play on those UFO catchers. If i go to Japan, I would spend all my money on Pokemon toys.

SeiferA

Aspiring Trainer
I kinda figured those big binders in Japan would be easy to find, but jeez, I didn't think they'd be THAT easy.

masterryanx

N
banettewilldestroyallofyou said:
Those UFO catchers are amazing. They should put those in grocery stores in the U.S. instead of the lame ones they tend to have.

I've seen actual Sega manufactured UFO Catchers in the United States at places like Wal-Mart, however, never do they contain Pokemon merchandise, most of the time it's imported Disney plushes. The sad thing is though, that they're usually done away with after a while because they're much more difficult to operate than your average American toy catcher machine (having only 2 prongs instead of the average 3 or 4) and they're always a bit more expensive.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
my gosh. my desire to go to japan is building even more now. i know japan has a lot of pokemon stuff but when you see the pictures its like "omg i want that and that and that." it's pretty amazing to live in a country where it's hard not to see pokemon.
also, i love the whole bike riding in japan. i live out here in the suburbs and i can't walk/ride a bike to anywhere that is close by. i would love to be able to take a 5 minute bike ride to a store...and store with pokemon no less. it's almost as if japan is a fantasy world.

meowth14

Meowth, that's right!
I have one of the toys from the pictures. The big Dialga plushie on the top shelf. I got mine at Target. :p I can't belive that it's the same one as in Japan.

Echosong

Crimson Sky Dominator
I have never seen so much pokemon stuff! I wish the stores where i lived had that much.Out of all the stores where i live only 2 (wal-mart and toys r us) sell pokemon stuff.

masterryanx

N
meowth14 said:
I have one of the toys from the pictures. The big Dialga plushie on the top shelf. I got mine at Target. :p I can't belive that it's the same one as in Japan.

It's most likely not exactly the same plush, if you obtained yours at an American Target it's probably the Jakks Pacific plush. Last I checked, that plush isn't sold in Japanese stores and the Japanese Tomy plushes (maybe this particular plush figure is by Bandai or Banpresto, I'm not sure) are not sold in American stores. Considering, Jakks makes all of it's toys from scratch in the US (as far as I know) and they don't simply repackage Japanese creations (like what Hasbro would occasionally do back in the day), it's technically not the same plush, as similar as they may look. They're probably even made from different materials as well, as is usually the case between Japanese and American plushes.

masterryanx

N
SeiferA said:
I kinda figured those big binders in Japan would be easy to find, but jeez, I didn't think they'd be THAT easy.

I agree Seifer, I was under the impression that the binders and deck boxes some people will charge up to $30 for would at least be Pokemon Center exclusives, but to find them at a department store! @_@

~Magma King~

Nettle Carrier
... *Flys to Japan*
This isn't fair, in my area pokemon's nowhere, excluding a section of cards(Which is often replaced with Yu gi o! or something) in toys R us, and in Japan every store's got tonnes of it. But pokemon's Japanese, so it's also quite obvious :p

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Advanced Member
The UFO Catchers look cool. They should also give us Pokemon Battrio. Maybe Godzilla would like 3v3. xP

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
Water Pokémon Master said:
The people who sell them to you on the internet want you to think that.

That's one of my least favorite things about this game. People don't care one bit to rip each other off. Oh, these sleeves cost $3 in japan, and cost me $15 to ship 10 of ($45 total). I then sell the sleeves for $15 each and make a $90 profit off of it. :/

One thing I noticed was the store had stock of all the sets up to Deoxys! Go to Wal-Mart and see if you can find anything 3-4 sets old. You might find some bundles that try to group them with new packs and force them down your throat.

ChaosKnuckles

Mechanix or The Four Horsemen?
I looked at the TCG pics she gave. Then I thought of the selection I have at my local Target. I'm now very disappointed in my local Target.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
I love and hate to read these things at the same time.

Why don't we all live in Japan? :(