(1) Pokemon #1 Selling TCG in America [3/25]

First.

I'm actually EXTREMELY surprised by this. I figured Magic would out-sell Pokémon, due to the amount of players in my area, but apparently I'm wrong.

Well, MTG is #1 in terms of hobby channel sales (which I guess means hobby stores), so I guess it is a game for hard-core players. But Pokemon generates more overall sales at stores like Target, Wal-Mart, etc., which is why it beats MTG.

Yeah I know I posted this topic before on here with not much attention, glad you were able to do it for me Water Pokémon Master. This will help get the word out more.

Anyway this is really great news, I'm proud to be both a Pokemon and a Magic player.

it's cool news...I don't necessarily know about being proud about it being #1, I didn't really have a part in it's creation, nor do I have a role in it's overall future, so I have nothing to be proud...BUT I am happy that it is #1, because that means longevity and much more security in it being around to play

now hopefully this will silence anyone that has anything to say about the game dying

What I find awkward is that even though Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering are much better TCG's than
Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! has already entered the Guinness World Book of Records as the best selling TCG of all time Worldwide.

Card Slinger J said:
What I find awkward is that even though Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering are much better TCG's than
Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! has already entered the Guinness World Book of Records as the best selling TCG of all time Worldwide.

That's just your opinion, which is most likely biased from the early YGO days.

Anyways, I play all 3. I like all 3. To be quite honest, all 3 are equally fun. However, business fluctuates like this, and thus being the top for a quarter isn't really a big achievement.

Card Slinger J said:

Well, this is just for this past year, not all time. Keep in mind YGO had a whole TV show devoted to its cards, which is why it has probably sold the most. But at the rate Pokemon is selling, it'll probably overcome it one day.

Pokemon has had a show too lol. Pokemon is the biggest franchise over the other competitors, so this is not some huge surprise.

dmaster out.

Pokemon has not been dead ever since it started really. Since technology improved over the past 13 years things have gotten much better and there will be much more better yet to come. It just depends on who likes it and who does not like it. It really has not been dead by all means.:)

Glad to see that one of my favorite brands in financially successful. :)

Pokemon is very successful and it's popularity is growing. Yu-Gi-Oh! had a lot of people playing the card game and many people got involved in it because there was a whole show dedicated to the cards.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Well, MTG is #1 in terms of hobby channel sales (which I guess means hobby stores), so I guess it is a game for hard-core players. But Pokemon generates more overall sales at stores like Target, Wal-Mart, etc., which is why it beats MTG.

Overall sales is what truly matters. That could mean that is a larger percentage of playing for fun and not competing.

i told my friend who plays magic and he didnt believe me.
i think its proof the game isnt going under, so that entire argument back in fall is settled.

Back