(1) Pokemon ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Website Updates with English Localizations, Game Screenshots [5/14]

frezgle said:
Nightingirle said:
Where did he say that? Sorry I'm really interested not rude or anything ;) the last thing I read from him was this :

(Yesterday 07:47 PM)Salamencetrainer34 Wrote:
WPM, if the info is correct, will you release all info he gave you?

In thinking about it, probably not. I don't think TPCi would appreciate spoiling stuff this far ahead, but we'll see. IF THEY TAKE ANOTHER TEN MONTHS TO REVEAL INFO THEN PROBABLY YEAH.

That still seemed to be up for discussion kind of.

Looks like a "probably not" to me, unless we experience another dry spell news-wise. The official information releases always speed up as it gets closer to the game being released, so... not likely :d

Ah yeah, it does, but since it wasn't a 'no' I thought it would be worth sharing an opinion :) whatever the outcome, I guess we should be talking about the exciting stuff we already know :)

Ex-91 said:
Maybe wpm should just choose some news to give us, not all of it. Like maybe the evil team's name (if there is one), the number of Pokemon, or what old Pokémon will evolve, just not all of it!

But now that he announced that he planned to reveal them, then he backed down, it's like promising to give a candy to a kid then suddenly, you don't. We're sad now because we won't get our candies now...

We are all lucky that he did anything in the first place. Its his decision and we should respect it.

rocky505 said:
Ex-91 said:
Also, did anyone noticed that Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie all know a Type attack at Level 5?? Vine Whip, Ember and bubble.
That means that we would now start the game with a stab move!

Or that the starters won't start at 5 anymore because that would put the rival at a major advantage against you at the start(Unless there is no rival battle at the beginning)

I'm pretty sure it will be level 5, since it's shown on the picture(the level) :)

Where did he say that? Sorry I'm really interested not rude or anything
He didn't say it directly, though it was heavily implied. PMJ also commented as much in one of the other topics as well. Something about "I've been asking him to do this since Gen 4. It's not going to happen."

That or just a plant
What about that red and brown thing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off to the right? That's what I thought he was referring to.

evilpacman said:
Ex-91 said:
Maybe wpm should just choose some news to give us, not all of it. Like maybe the evil team's name (if there is one), the number of Pokemon, or what old Pokémon will evolve, just not all of it!

But now that he announced that he planned to reveal them, then he backed down, it's like promising to give a candy to a kid then suddenly, you don't. We're sad now because we won't get our candies now...

We are all lucky that he did anything in the first place. Its his decision and we should respect it.

Very true! But now we know that he's holding a lot of potential true news about the games :) That's enough to make everyone want him to talk!

WPM should make a game out of it. We can keep a tally somewhere and everything. It'll be fun! Whenever something that was leaked is confirmed, we get a few bonus items. Then we wait to tally those off when they're confirmed. WPM is in a very fortunate position of keeping the news flow strong. Assuming his source gave him plenty of juicy tidbits, this could be a really sustainable way to keep people hyped. Either way, I think we should celebrate the confirmation of the source with a few new ones. I'd even go so far as to say WPM should select the leaks to post based on his best guess of which ones will be confirmed first. Ooo! And WPM could hide them places. Links in periods, on card scans, hidden pages on the site, etc. Then, when someone finds one, they post it to a topic and it gets put on the front page with credits. Like an easter egg hunt. All we'd need to know is how many are hidden.

To me, the style of the new game is very reminiscent of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, what with the way the characters look and walk, and the fact that the map looks like it's overworld and towns. That said, I loved that game, so I'm certain I will like this one.
Looking through all the pics, I saw Pikachu, Marill, and Zigzagoon. I guess they could just be placeholders, but it would be really nice if we get previous gen pokemon during gameplay.
I noticed hints of other pokemon on the screenshots, so I am very much looking forward to when they are revealed.^^ Hoping they give us an actual release date soon, since I am so psyched for this game, and I want to request off work for the day it comes out.

Playerking95 said:
I'm sure someone else noticed this, but a shadowy figure goes behind the slideshow on the main page. It irks me, but could it be a new Pokemon?

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

Its just a black sky, for Yveltal. On the left there is also a white light for Xerneas, they're both animated. Probably a hint to their type!

evilpacman said:
Ex-91 said:

Oddly, I think I'd feel better not knowing he has any more information haha maybe the best approach for him would have been not to tell us he has any additional stuff aside from what he told us, it's like being denied all that interesting stuff now. (Not blaming him for anything, just telling how I feel ;))
Also, I liked ex-91 s approach, since we don't know what it is he has.

One of these days WPM will come out saying he teamed up with Pokemon to bring us this info! It will be on the Front Page News! I feel it in my Mexican bones!

halfrican said:
WPM should make a game out of it. We can keep a tally somewhere and everything. It'll be fun! Whenever something that was leaked is confirmed, we get a few bonus items. Then we wait to tally those off when they're confirmed. WPM is in a very fortunate position of keeping the news flow strong. Assuming his source gave him plenty of juicy tidbits, this could be a really sustainable way to keep people hyped. Either way, I think we should celebrate the confirmation of the source with a few new ones. I'd even go so far as to say WPM should select the leaks to post based on his best guess of which ones will be confirmed first. Ooo! And WPM could hide them places. Links in periods, on card scans, hidden pages on the site, etc. Then, when someone finds one, they post it to a topic and it gets put on the front page with credits. Like an easter egg hunt. All we'd need to know is how many are hidden.
Pokebeach drinking game?
Every time you find an XY hint, you take a drink?
First one unconscious wins?

Ex-91 said:
Also, did anyone noticed that Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie all know a Type attack at Level 5?? Vine Whip, Ember and bubble.
That means that we would now start the game with a stab move!

Its demo footage though - they probably did that just to showcase some moves they can learn at some point. As developers, they could temporarily slap Judgment on all three and show that off if they really wanted. I don't think we'll have to worry about horribly disadvantageous first rival battles.

Unless they really DO start with a STAB attack, and your rival actually peaks the one that's weak against what you have? Seems a bit too easy.

Is it just me or did the graphics get better? I mean look at fennekin's "backsprite", it didn't look like that when it was first shown. Generation VI is looking good so far 8D

Anyway, i think WPM should make a short news/announcement to tell us what he's now planning to do with the news.

Oh geez oh geez oh geez.

SO many cool little touches, like the being able to actually sit on a bench, and the way the screen narrows when Pancham uses Parting Shot. This is looking freaking incredible.

Also, unless the name's not final, Parabolic Charge is an indicator that move names can be more than 12 characters long now. Wonder if that applies to anything else?

RangerX said:
Playerking95 said:
may_p4_2.jpg

Gogoat Pre Evolution?

That or just a plant :p

Nah, to me it looks like it has a white head and a leafs along the outside of its body, like Gogoat. Even Sunnyshore/Gin thinks so.

Mucrush said:
Playerking95 said:
I'm sure someone else noticed this, but a shadowy figure goes behind the slideshow on the main page. It irks me, but could it be a new Pokemon?

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

Its just a black sky, for Yveltal. On the left there is also a white light for Xerneas, they're both animated. Probably a hint to their type!

Nope, the animation thing for the Y side that looks like a spinning shadowy vortex thing.

Playerking95 said:
RangerX said:
That or just a plant :p

Nah. to me it looks like it has a white head and a leafs along the outside of its body, like Gogoat. Even Sunnyshore/Gin thinks so.

Mucrush said:

Nope, the animation thing for the Y side that looks like a spinning shadowy vortex thing.
I think it's the pre-evo, too.
4heb10.jpg

Mucrush said:

Hmm can anyone try to get a screenshot of that maybe? I really can't see it :/

Pokèbass said:
Playerking95 said:
Nah. to me it looks like it has a white head and a leafs along the outside of its body, like Gogoat. Even Sunnyshore/Gin thinks so.

I think it's the pre-evo, too.
4heb10.jpg

Thanks for the zoomed in image. :D

Those definitely looks like ears on the head to me.

That thing on website that everyone mentions, I doubt it's a Pokemon.
It's just an animation of wind or vortex. That is on Y side, while on
X we can see moving leafs animations.

Back