(1) Plasma Leader N's Full Name Revealed [10/14]

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
PsychedelicBreakfast said:
The next step will be that he's really just a Zoroark in disguise.

I was just about to say something about that. The whole born from pokemon thing got me thinking that N is really a Zoroark that transformed into a human but something went wrong and now he is stuck in human form.

Zekrom Black

Banner made by me! :D Avatar from Serebii.net!
I hope it's better in English....and if he loves Pokemon why does he lead a team that take Pokemon away from their trainers? Thanks really showing the love, N. I'm not going to say his full name.

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
Could this be a hint that news on the Third Version of Pokemon Black and White Versions will be revelaed soon?! :eek:

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
OMGxShante said:
I was just about to say something about that. The whole born from pokemon thing got me thinking that N is really a Zoroark that transformed into a human but something went wrong and now he is stuck in human form.

Well really, the whole time I was playing the game I was just waiting for N to transform into a Zoroark, but not one you would battle and catch, just one who was a Pokemon trainer himself. There are some similarities, such as the long hair, tall and slim features, the overall abstruse and dark auras of both characters.

Umbreon20

Umbreon
of course the bad guy is German xD
although I am German and pretty much never heard the name Gropius before though oO

AllInAPackage

I'm Baaaaaaack
PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Well really, the whole time I was playing the game I was just waiting for N to transform into a Zoroark, but not one you would battle and catch, just one who was a Pokemon trainer himself. There are some similarities, such as the long hair, tall and slim features, the overall abstruse and dark auras of both characters.

I had the same idea, and that N was just Ghetsis' Pokemon as a front to take control of Team Plasma. Also, wasn't Harmonia N's last name? I just thought I heard something like that while playing White.

icyFREEZEdragon

royal crown chinpokomaster
I thought that we will never know what the "N" stands for. I thought the name was actually the letter N by itself. This is surprising that they would reveal this. Natural is an OK name, but Gropius is a weird last name.

XieRH

Aspiring Trainer
So if Ghetsis is N's father that makes him Ghetsis Gropius now? :D Oh wait N's surname is in the middle. I dunno which naming convention uses that though.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Ophie said:
When I first saw the name, I saw Gropius as a portmanteau of "grope" and "Tropius." I'm sure I was not the only one.
The news article implies that WPM caught it too. And, of course, so did I.

In regards to this, I have a feeling that we were already asking for this to happen. For a lot of the fans, they wanted a plot expansion for Pokemon Gray version (by that I mean the tentative name for the 3rd Unova title), elaborating more on N, Ghetsis, and the Seven Sages. And boy, did we get it.

N has a crazy ludicrous name, the possibility that he is a Pokemon himself (which is actually really really creepy and strange in and of itself, but at the same time, it would explain a lot regarding N's actions in B/W), and that he's apparently a genius.

This explains a lot of things but also creates a lot of questions. Bravo, Game Freak. You've piqued the curiosity of the fanbase in ways we never thought possible.

Every time I see something like this, I always think "Just when I think I've seen it all, BAM! I get trolled."

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
AllInAPackage said:
I had the same idea, and that N was just Ghetsis' Pokemon as a front to take control of Team Plasma. Also, wasn't Harmonia N's last name? I just thought I heard something like that while playing White.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both Ghetsis' and N's last names are Harmonia. In the game, Ghetsis says, "After all of that, do you think you're still worthy of sharing the name Harmonia with me? You good-for-nothing boy!"

What I can't figure out now is the name Gropius. Natural and Harmony make sense, but Gropius? I can't find the meaning behind the name anywhere, just the famous architect pops up. Unless Gropius is supposed to loosely mean Group. Natural Harmony Group? I don't know... guess we'll just have to wait for the 3rd game, or for more tweets/blogs.

Ty_Sylicus

Green Mouse >'.'<
Woah um...ok. :rolleyes: I'm not sure how I feel about N's strange name (other than lots of interesting theorymon).

* I also remember Ghetsis calling him "Harmonia" in White ver.

Let's hope we get a ton more back story and character development in this next installment. It irked me how BW had this epic intro and yet failed to really go into any depth about any of N's past. I mean, he was raised by Pokemon, had a pet Darmanitan, and was crowned? ....I was so lost. :(

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
I have a feeling this may get weird...

The name is just the beginning. When I first saw it, I thought I needed new glasses...

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Google Chrome translated the page and resulted in some strange findings:

Real, natural Harmonia Gropius (Natural Harmonia Gropius)
Is a natural number N (Natural number) from the.
N is beyond the human. Is oddly high IQ.
Are said to be more adept at math magician math. Genius.
Quick-witted. Intense emotional ups and downs.
You can see a person's past and future.
That human beings are born from Pokemon rumored. (Parents unknown)
The rich love Pokemon, and who are at a distance.
I think that is entirely his own body.
Pokemon-first spirit.

Does this sound like he's actually a Pokemon like many people have been thinking, or is it just me?

reshiram36

Cupcakes anyone?
Zekrom Black said:
I hope it's better in English....and if he loves Pokemon why does he lead a team that take Pokemon away from their trainers? Thanks really showing the love, N. I'm not going to say his full name.
Well actually he leads a team to free Pokemon from humans, since he believes that it isn't for Pokemon to be used by Trainers

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
AllInAPackage said:
I find it ironic how he uses Pokemon to free Pokemon. Hypocrite anybody?

True but I don't think any of those pokemon were actually his since every time you battled him he had a different team, Unless he released the pokemon after the battle.

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer
LOL N was born from a Pokemon! Wouldn't a Pokemon and a Human half to....You know were I'm going with this...LOL. Since Musada is revealing this info it now seems even more likely that Pokemon Gray will come! What if N's parents were a Pokemon that has yet to be revealed? Or, since N was born from Pokemon and can see the past and future, Reshiram and Zekrom could be his parents, because they represent the past and future. N could of inherited this from them?

Nizolka33

Dandyman.
Yeah, he must be a pokemon. Explains why he hates people using them. He's a ditto or a Zoroark or something. What a creeper.

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer
Hazz said:
cough-
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
cough-
Now that thats over with, Natural is a weird name... Who would name their kid Natural? :S

Apparently a Pokemon would LOL! In all seriousness this is some interesting info! I mean WHY would Musada just reveal this out of nowhere? You would think they would tell you this in the game!