(1) OMG TO THE EXTREME: 'Pokemon Black 2' and 'White 2' Promotional Short [5/15]

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

I choose you Ninja Brian!
bacon said:
I would agree with this to a certain extent as obviously you don't want to alienate the younger generations with overly complex plot details etc, but on the flipside the anime has already alienated a lot of potential "mature" fans with its gooey and repetitive plotlines. The compromise would be an anime with a fairly simplistic but interesting plot filled to the brim with action that anyone can enjoy, which is what this trailer seems to be showing. Kinda like Dragonball Z.

Doctor Who Actually pulls off the Mature plot but it still manages to appeal to a younger audience....

Its got some of the best writers ever and really good plot developmet and character development...

Kids are a lot more intelligent they should easily be able to watch a more mature Pokemon and still not be alienated...

papuzka

Aspiring Trainer
ChaosBlack said:
Dat animation.

1337134901147.gif

I love the fact that the attack was actually aimed for a character instead of pokemon :D

YakobTheRed

Blarghargharghargh!
Yup, that was some serious awesome. Particularly liking the attack animations, Samurott's was very cool.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
ChaosBlack said:
Dat animation.

1337134901147.gif

no glowing teeth, no weird sliding backgrounds, no stupid over exaggerated poses or movements, no out of place explosions for the sake of explosions, no loss of gravity none of that. just raw power as a seviper lunges and then an arcanine bites him and tosses him in the air like a toy

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
How is leaping up, biting onto a snake, doing a dramatic flip around and throwing the snake even higher in the sky -- all while in MID-AIR in the first place, mind you -- not overexaggerated?

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
Frost said:
How is leaping up, biting onto a snake, doing a dramatic flip around and throwing the snake even higher in the sky -- all while in MID-AIR in the first place, mind you -- not overexaggerated?

because 1.) even though the arcanine does throw the snake, he does descend to a land before it switches to samurott. all of that sequence was fine to be exaggerated because it adds to the action, just like in other animes. wut i said wus non overexaggerated poses!! POSES!! you kno like when the screen gets a sliding blue background while ash does some weird pose and camera angle, then switches to arcanine who runs to the camera and does a slightly long exaggerated action before it jumps into the air and floats after he launches seviper in the air? yea none of that, it wus a jump, flip, throw, then camera switch

Frost said:

ya know if you want to be technical. but i did just say exaggerated poses

I

Incinermyn

Frost said:

Well, it is more realistic than a cut scene where they're using attacks like Sludge Bomb and Flamethower at each other and not being mortally wounded. Granted, it's still fictional violence all around, but not as blatantly toned down or fluffed up like the regular anime.

Emboar7

I get buckets
I have a theory, all the scenes we just saw, mainly the scene where the player, rival, and Cheren are surrounded by grunts, will be in B2/W2? Hmph.

Nintendan

Aspiring Trainer
papuzka said:
I love the fact that the attack was actually aimed for a character instead of pokemon :D
I actually love this as well.
I mean, it's kinda lame to have someone stopped in their tracks just by a Pokémon battle... In the games, if you beat a grunt, for example, they just sit there as if they can't do anything else.
Why not deal damage to the trainer and get out of there? Make the trainer unable to battle? I understand this may be too far for Pokémon (the company), but it should REALLY happen, because then it isn't as weird as the games.

Mitja

veteran smartass
The anime should just feel like the people making it actually give a damn about pokemon.

xayshade said:
the ice beam hit the ground first before it got in the air and hit seviper, then seviper hit the ground and shattered the ice

I have no idea what your point is.
I'm saying beams creating ice statues and exploding into huge clouds is bullcrap. Where does Seviper come into play there?

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
yugi_player said:
How don't you know if you would like the anime to be like this or not? It would be far far far better if it was like this instead of Ash going around with 2 people doing nonsensical things :\

Pokemon has no plot. There is no history on the current Pokemon show. It's Ash with Pikachu, going to a new region every time, getting badges, going a little further on Pokemon League and failing and then he does it all from the start on a new region.

The manga on the other hand has a story. A story that follows the games and adds more stuff. All games are connected, all generations as well.

I totally agree with you now. I'm not really sure what I was smoking before but...you know. Whatever.
That promo was boss. It was amazing. AMAZING. I really DO wish this was the anime now!

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
Mitja said:
The anime should just feel like the people making it actually give a damn about pokemon.

I have no idea what your point is.
I'm saying beams creating ice statues and exploding into huge clouds is bullcrap. Where does Seviper come into play there?

Ok the attack known as ICE BEAM has been known to create, guess what ice!!! And the seviper that was frozen hit the ice formation on the ground makkin an explosion... please read

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If they would actually ditch Ash for a season and do this instead, I might cry tears of joy.

Blui

lv85 paladin
Shining Raikou said:
If they would actually ditch Ash for a season and do this instead, I might cry tears of joy.

Then after that one seasom, three years later it does the events of HGSS and onward with a grown up Ash. While being more adut.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Does anyone know who voices N? I think it may be Akira Ishida. (Kaworu from Neon Genesis Evangelion, the Dark Trinity/Shadow Triad from the same trailer, Saburo from Keroro Gunsou/Sgt. Frog, Gaara from Naruto and Cou from Elemental Gelade)