(1) New Formes for Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus [5/11]

Mitja said:
osz5t3.jpg

I laughed there.
@ ForeignDude, how would Landorus learn Peck?

InuMimi said:
Someone on FB had mentioned that maybe these guys' new forms are based on the Asian legendary creatures: the phoenix, the turtle, the dragon, and the tiger. If so, it looks like Tornadus is the phoenix, Landorus is the turtle, and Thunderus is the dragon. So, we still need a tiger...maybe there will be a new Pokemon! I mean, 649 is a strange number, don't you think? Maybe they are adding one more for an even 650? I can only hope! :D

What could fill it??? Landorus is the Trio Leader, who would be the fourth?

rocky505 said:
I believe G-O can be used if you hack though(Same for Rotom).

Discussion of hacking is prohibited.

I'm very surprised at the new formes since there is no place holder in Pokemon Online even, although I could code the additional formes. I would only need sprites.

Those new formes look a little weird. But seriously, making the trio bird formes? I think they are going slightly over with it.

Who said they all are birds? Actually, only Tornadus seems to be a bird.

New forms? What a fresh and creative idea. I don't like them, but I didn't like that trio to begin with. So is every legendary pokemon getting a new form now?

InuMimi said:
Someone on FB had mentioned that maybe these guys' new forms are based on the Asian legendary creatures: the phoenix, the turtle, the dragon, and the tiger. If so, it looks like Tornadus is the phoenix, Landorus is the turtle, and Thunderus is the dragon. So, we still need a tiger...maybe there will be a new Pokemon! I mean, 649 is a strange number, don't you think? Maybe they are adding one more for an even 650? I can only hope! :D

Locormus of Serebiiforums said:
...The Aztecian god Huitzilopochtli perhaps? It is believed to have led the Aztecs to a new homeland and defended the territory. When he died, he then turned into a green-backed hummingbird. Looks close enough to Tornadus, surely. At least with the green and purple coloring, it being a god, a bird, etc... Ow, and there's also a aztecian god that turned into a panther that was the god of the earth, and there's quetzalcoatl, who became a blue serpent when it died.. Jee.. Hmm..

From Kami, to Aztec gods, who would've seen this coming? :p
I feel this makes way more sense than the Four Gods of Heaven and Earth theory.

I agree with the above post. It seems like an odd form-change.

Man I really think that the new forms look quite goofy.

We need... [member]puddizle[/member]

Seriously what did I do (looks back at Pokemon + nobunagas ambition announcement thread) oh ya:(

Whats up with people saying Trollfreak? Just because they may have come up with new forms that are odd looking and unexpected does not make them trolls. Lrn 2 internet.

They trolled us to believe that Pokémon Gray is coming.
They trolled us to believe that only Kyurem gets a new form / new forms.

King Arceus said:
Discussion of hacking is prohibited.

I'm very surprised at the new formes since there is no place holder in Pokemon Online even, although I could code the additional formes. I would only need sprites.
If you need me, just shine the batman symbol.

I personally think that the animal forms are actually different types of mythical birds!

Landorus = Roc (Persian)
Thundurus = Raicho (Japanese) or Thunderbird (Forgot, Sorry)
Tornadus = Turul (Hungarian)

EDIT: JUST NOTICED THAT THUNDURUS HAS WHITE CLAWED PAWS. INUMIMI IS ON TO SOMETHING.

catutie said:
If that is the female form that means that you would be able to breed them...well if they are 2 different Pokemon but even at that the genie's would be able to breed with the female form...thus the first breedable legendaries?

Latias, Latios, Cresselia, Heatran, Nidorina and Nidoqueen have genders but still can't breed.

---

People rushing to declare the picture fake and pointing out "obvious design flaws" with the Corocoro cover reminds me of two years ago when some people did the same thing and pointed out the "sloppy" aspects of the designs for Samurott, Serperior and Emboar as proof for why they thought those Pokemon were fake...

I personally think that they are look like the underworld harpies.... ooh we should call them that the Legendary Harpies!

I love the new formes all these Pokemon are getting. It's so cool and adds to collecting.

Wonder how they'll shoe-horn these Pokemon in...

So if the classic gym leaders return...I wonder if they'll age even more considering BW took place after G/S/C. That would be pretty cool.

Typhlo Wolf said:
Those new formes look a little weird. But seriously, making the trio bird formes? I think they are going slightly over with it.

Agreed. They've run out of ideas so they're recreating the perfect past. Leave Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno alone! D:

Serperior said:
Agreed. They've run out of ideas so they're recreating the perfect past. Leave Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno alone! D:

Only Tornadus is a bird. Try to look at Thundurus's paws/claws/whatever.
Try to do some research to try to find what Tornadus's form could be based on.

Try to think about possibilities. :/

Teal said:
They trolled us to believe that Pokémon Gray is coming.
They trolled us to believe that only Kyurem gets a new form / new forms.

What? How was that trolling? Fans speculated gray based on previous patterns. Gamefreak changing the formula =/= trolling. Also, they never mentioned that Kyurem would be the only one to get a new form. Again, it was the fans who believed it. I really think since trolling has become "mainstream", a lot of people just decide definitions for themselves.

GAMEFREAK IS NOT TROLLING ANYONE.

Back