(1) LEGEND Heart Gold & Soul Silver Collection Set lists [9/18]

PokeChamp

Aspiring Trainer
The set list is kind of cool, although some of the, I'm not sure about. A few Johto Pokemno aren't feeling the love! (Kingdra like Lou said).

I don't want Great Pokemon to be Secret Rares, though. Pokemon already costs enough as it is.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Awesome. I love the base set cards. I have over 1,000 of those alone. I sure hope I can get the reprints and I only have 2 Double colorless Energy. I had a 2nd edition at one point but my friend did not have one to use so I let him barrow it and when I asked for it back he only gave me the regular card and not the 2nd edition card. Oh well at least I have 2 of the original though.:)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
They make Bill a Supporter and yet they do not bring back Energy Removal or Gust of Wind?

Double Colorless was the only potential good thing I saw on that list. In any case I will not play Bill as a Supporter in Unlimited.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Rarities and low HP doesn't look good IMO. But Great Crobat, Blissey, and Ursaring have the potential to be amazingly broken like Donphan. They nerfed the Bill reprint by making him a Supporter (boo), but the Double Colorless Energy reprint changes everything in the format concerning Stage 2 and SP decks, etc. It will be interesting to see the format change big time.

dmaster out.

LegoMyFoot

le pied
Wow, I was having doubts about this set, but now it seems awesome. But uncommon stage 2s just seems strange... Ah well, I'm getting a box of this over Platinum:arceus now.

viper.fox

色違いピジョット
PokeChamp said:
I don't want Great Pokemon to be Secret Rares, though. Pokemon already costs enough as it is.

People really aren't getting the Great Pokemon are you? They're the same in power and style as a LV.X and an EX without a two-prize loss if its knocked out; hence the rarity and limited number of them. They ARE the new Lv.X if you're being technical, but the play style is the same as an EX card (even the fact that they're a stage 2 pokemon. They're a stage 2 GREAT though so you can't farm them out with cards like Professor Elm as far as I am aware.)

Legend cards do not equal Lv.X standard like WPM is saying, to the Japanese AND the US TCG later they're a completely new medium in both play style and power. They are the truly fresh card to the format.

jokerx

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, I hoped to see legendary dogs in this set, I'm sad now... Bill like suppporter is terrible... But DCE reprint is amazing!

Emperor

???
Finally a great Crobat!!! you obviously know one of its attacks are going yo linked to poisoning your opponent. :cool:

I'm a bit sad they reprinted bill as a supporter, i mean, why on earth would we want another Mom's Kindness. And DCE is going to be so broken, unless they add a some extra wording to make it rather limited than what it used to be. And i hope they reprint Energy Removal in the next set or even a great Dunspace :p.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
X_empoleon_X said:
Well unfortunately, he was. Say hello to Mom's Kindness #2!! :D

Wrong, he was changed into a supporter on Pokemon WEB

Not the card game itself yet ;D He may or may not be.

SourMilk

Undestructable
Yeah, at first I wasn't really liking the new set, I was thinking there would be too many new game mechanics eg, goods cards, Legend Pokemon, Great Pokemon. But now it seems like they're trying to make it like the good ol' days of playing Pokemon when I was little. Total nostalgia points for Pokemon.

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
This could be Haymaker's big chance. We all know that Rain Dance is approaching, but Haymaker can come back to, thanks to cards like DCE and Pokemon SP. Perhaps sneasel is missing from the set for a reason. Could it be that he to shall soon return? THE original Sneasel!

afstandopleren

Balanced member of balancing acts.
Just a minor error I noticed: Fisherman isn't in Aquapolis, it's in Skyridge.

Other then that: Woot DCE!!!!
And: SUpporter Bill FTL How the heck did they DARE to turn it into a Supporter....

Oh btw, we have had reprints under different names...or atleast 1: Town Volunteers under the name of Palmer's Contribution

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
"Starting with this set, Japan will now get reverse holos in their booster packs."

That line has me worried. I see the scans still have 1st editions on them, and if Japan gets a rev holo set. Japan will have 4 variations of the same set (1st edition, 1st edition rev holo, unlimited, unlimited rev holo). If that happens, what nightmare is coming for English cards?

viper.fox

色違いピジョット
omahanime said:
"Starting with this set, Japan will now get reverse holos in their booster packs."

That line has me worried. I see the scans still have 1st editions on them, and if Japan gets a rev holo set. Japan will have 4 variations of the same set (1st edition, 1st edition rev holo, unlimited, unlimited rev holo). If that happens, what nightmare is coming for English cards?

No nightmare at all? English TCG hasn't had a 1st edition run for years and has had a reverse holo set since the days of Wizards of the Coast. At least Japan has the right pack card quantity and pull rate to HAVE a mirror set.

11 cards in (the start of the) DPt-era equated to 1 Holo, 2 Rare, 5 Common, 2 Uncommon and 1 Energy. Swap out 1 of those rares for a mirror card and bam.