(1) Junichi Masuda Writes about X and Y [1/21]

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
don()shinobi said:
Of note is that he links to the French version of the X and Y website, which is yet another hint that the games are based on France.
He gave the link to the English site, too. I suppose giving the link to the English site means X and Y are based on America.
The entry is in English you fuel.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pikachu Mafia said:
really exciting, I was wondering when we would get more X and Y news!

Also taking Italian is really paying off, Ciao is goodbye in Italian (although you guys probably already know that) so maybe they're hinting at something like the ability to travel to Italy?

I've heard other Nintendo executives use "Ciao" too, it's actually pretty common in the business world.

Professer K

Aspiring Trainer
Now I know ever no is going to bite my head off for this, but please don't. This is what I think ok. so please don't.
Junichi Masuda says:
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y–the evolved sixth generation of Pokémon.
So he might be hinting at new pokemon types because he is saying the game is evolving. I could be wrong though. This is only what I thing so please don't bag on it or anything.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Professer K said:
Now I know ever no is going to bite my head off for this, but please don't. This is what I think ok. so please don't.
Junichi Masuda says:
Pokémon X and Pokémon Y–the evolved sixth generation of Pokémon.
So he might be hinting at new pokemon types because he is saying the game is evolving. I could be wrong though. This is only what I thing so please don't bag on it or anything.

How do you get "new types" from "evolving"?

godzilla41

https://www.facebook.com/planetscizor
This is great. Imagine if pokemon finaly evolves during battle (and not have to wait till the battle ends) just like in the anime. That would be awesome.

Am happy that gamefreak stood their ground and took some criticism for making b/w series for ds because they used that distraction and opportunity to experiment and learn about 3d and use it for x and y.

Hope they games are kick a**!!

xdanx

Aspiring Trainer
And exactly when are they starting to work on them to take full advantage of 3DS? 'cause right now, graphically they look lame, even worst than PSX, and 3DS graphics are far better than PS2 even. Right now we have seen nothing to think this is true, and release date isn't that far either :/

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
In what way exactly are the things we've seen lame?
The videos shown 2 weeks ago reveal a Pokemon world ten times as complicated as it used to be. Everything, from the battling environment to the camera angles has changed. It looks quite good to me.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
ChillBill said:
In what way exactly are the things we've seen lame?
The videos shown 2 weeks ago reveal a Pokemon world ten times as complicated as it used to be. Everything, from the battling environment to the camera angles has changed. It looks quite good to me.

compare it to other 3ds games out there and not other ds pokemon games
the graphics are not that good.

i believe they are doing it like every time in order to be able to improve graphics in a new game every 1 or 2 years

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
godzilla41 said:
Hope they games are kick a**!!

I'm pretty sure you can say ass on these forums now.

Anyway, I really hope that there is backwards compatibility. That is all I'm worried about at the moment. I feel like at some point they are going to want to complicate the way Pokemon grow, meaning they will probably have to split the new generation from the previous.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
xdanx said:
And exactly when are they starting to work on them to take full advantage of 3DS? 'cause right now, graphically they look lame, even worst than PSX, and 3DS graphics are far better than PS2 even. Right now we have seen nothing to think this is true, and release date isn't that far either :/

PS2 lasted from 2004ish-2010.
3DS was released in 2011.
Your point is validated by skewed data, why, exactly?
Not to mention that whole sentece contradicts the rest of the paragraph.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Haunted Water said:
xdanx said:

PS2 lasted from 2004ish-2010.
3DS was released in 2011.
Your point is validated by skewed data, why, exactly?
Not to mention that whole sentece contradicts the rest of the paragraph.
What...? What are you trying to say? The 3DS can do better graphics than the PS2 and that is a fact.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
His evidence is skewed. The PS2 was obsolete before the 3DS hit stores. I myself wouldn't say that the statement is true, but that would probably start an off-topic discussion.

Kinglorshi

Young Critic
HeatRotomFTW97 said:
Huh, really interesting that Masuda mentioned the whole "bonds = stronger Pokemon" thing. The trailer mentioned something to that extent too: "The more you battle together, the stronger your bond will become." Just my two cents, but I do believe that this new mechanism will inhibit backwards compatibility, kind of like how natures, etc. broke ties between II and III. We'll see though. Exciting stuff!

That would be pretty cool. It may not change the entirety of the game, but it will certainly make the Pokemon more worthwhile.

GamerXYZ

Aspiring Trainer
"A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

Ugh... not another mechanic that changes the stats of Pokemon... Isn't natures, IVs AND EVs enough already? Well, unless it replaces something of those (and the replaced mechanic is worse, of course).

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Water Pokémon Master said:
don()shinobi said:
He gave the link to the English site, too. I suppose giving the link to the English site means X and Y are based on America.
Thanks for doubting my ability to read.
Then please explain to me how giving a link to the French site is an indicator that the games are going to be based on France. I'm not talking about the evidence in the trailer or where Masuda went, I'm talking about what the link does. I don't want to be a "fuel", after all.

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
I actually think that if they used this new mechanic to replace IVs it would level the playing field a bit all around for competitive players. EVs would still be a factor, but RNG abuse is difficult for many (even though quite easy once learned on BW) and alot of people dont have the time to just breed until they have 4 boxes full and level up to see if the IVs are right. This would mean you could just find a Pokemon you like, and battle with it X amount of hours and it would reach its full potential, instead of having to abuse the games RNG through external programs to get the results you want.

D.N.A

Aspiring Trainer
don()shinobi said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Thanks for doubting my ability to read.
Then please explain to me how giving a link to the French site is an indicator that the games are going to be based on France. I'm not talking about the evidence in the trailer or where Masuda went, I'm talking about what the link does. I don't want to be a "fuel", after all.

The English link is expected, as it's an English blog. What is the rationale for a French link? There are plenty of other languages that could have been included, so why use French, specifically?

Of course it doesn't mean anything for sure, but it is a bit unusual. If you can't identify that, well...

masterryanx

N
Squidtepig said:
~An innovate communication system that will make you feel connected with players from around the world as you play the game.~

Hmm. Does this mean that we now have online random match up chat battles? 0_o
Sounds like we will be able to have some sort of in game world wide chat?

It sounds a lot like Miiverse integration to me. Chances are Nintendo will have it up and running on the 3DS by X and Y's release.