(1) Junichi Masuda Writes about X and Y [1/21]

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
NoDice said:
I actually think that if they used this new mechanic to replace IVs it would level the playing field a bit all around for competitive players. EVs would still be a factor, but RNG abuse is difficult for many (even though quite easy once learned on BW) and alot of people dont have the time to just breed until they have 4 boxes full and level up to see if the IVs are right. This would mean you could just find a Pokemon you like, and battle with it X amount of hours and it would reach its full potential, instead of having to abuse the games RNG through external programs to get the results you want.

But what would they do about Hidden Power?

The Pikachu Mafia

HTL is the Flippy Beam of Doom.
perhaps they will let the hidden power type change? idk...

I've always been a fan of RNG's, but as long as this doesn't hurt competitive battling I'm fine with it...

Squidtepig

Aspiring Trainer
"A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

Maybe it will be some type of X factor (Pokemon X/Y factor) like in the game UMvsC3? That would be awesome. I would totally be hyped for competitive play. 0o0 Pokemon would then be taken to the next level!

DRABAHAMUTGON

I'm just a Fox/Dragon girl in a man body
The Pikachu Mafia said:
perhaps they will let the hidden power type change? idk...

I've always been a fan of RNG's, but as long as this doesn't hurt competitive battling I'm fine with it...

Well i Get the feeling they maybe changing the hole EV and iv system i Means they did its before in gen 3 when The DV system was change from gen 2 to EV in gen 3 and iv was change from 15 per a stats in gen 2, to 31 per a stats in gen 3
But not only That's, DV Controlled a Pokemon Gender so A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger Maybe will Replace The EV for 6th Generation Like How 3rd Gen Replaced The DV Mechanism And So on,

But its My Opinion However its can possibly Happen, Sense Junichi Masuda Said About A new battle mechanism,

Greninja

Challenger Approaching!
Plot twist: Masuda is secretly Dimentio
On-topic: This is actually pretty interesting. Especially the battle mechanism part. Who knows, we might see new moves similar to Return.

TheDeitySlayer

Aspiring Trainer
Shocker said:
On-topic: This is actually pretty interesting. Especially the battle mechanism part. Who knows, we might see new moves similar to Return.

Inb4 elemental Return/Frustration addition :D

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
TheDeitySlayer said:
Shocker said:

Inb4 elemental Return/Frustration addition :D

That would ruin the viability of so many other physical moves.

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
The Pikachu Mafia said:
it would be nice to be rid of close combat and flare blitz though :p

Those are two of the moves that wouldn't be outclassed.

I'm mainly talking about Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Wild Charge, Leaf Blade, Stone Edge, Earthquake, X-scissor, Icicle Crash, Zen Headbutt, Crunch, Shadow Claw, etc. Assuming the distribution would be like Return/Frustration, then all those moves would become pointless for STAB.

The Pikachu Mafia

HTL is the Flippy Beam of Doom.
Close Combat/Flare Blitz does 120 with recoil, Return does 120 max with no recoil, that was my point, they would be outclassed because fire/fighting versions of return would have no recoil :p

jynxed

Aspiring Trainer
The Pikachu Mafia said:
Close Combat/Flare Blitz does 120 with recoil, Return does 120 max with no recoil, that was my point, they would be outclassed because fire/fighting versions of return would have no recoil :p

It does 102 max, not 120.

Ysmir

Retired Mod
He writes again nothing too big only that for first time ever fans abroad got info before Japanese fans:
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/

Rockspet

Aspiring Trainer
Parts of this are kind of ominous, but I think that we should try to avoid jumping to too many conclusions. The only thing I think that we really got from this is that they will edit the battle mechanics some, which they do stuff like that every gen. And why would this new stuff effect backwards compatibility? This isn't more of a change than RBY to GSC. The graphic shouldn't be an issue with it either, I mean, you could trade with Colosseum and Xd.