(1) Junichi Masuda Writes about X and Y [1/21]

An innovate communication system that will make you feel connected with players from around the world as you play the game.

A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.
Huh?! I would really like to know more about this.

Pokémon that are brought to life and look as if they are right in front you.

An innovate communication system that will make you feel connected with players from around the world as you play the game.

A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.

The Pokémon series has always been more than just a game.

It’s a series that brings people together, and encourages them to get excited and have fun as if they were at a festival.

That is why I wanted to achieve my long-time dream of a worldwide simultaneous release with these new entries to the series.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y–the evolved sixth generation of Pokémon.

Genuine entertainment that people have been waiting for is here.

October 2013.

I look forward to being able to play with everyone from around the world.

Pokemon's are going to come out of the games standing in front of you and will dominate the world. :O

Huh, really interesting that Masuda mentioned the whole "bonds = stronger Pokemon" thing. The trailer mentioned something to that extent too: "The more you battle together, the stronger your bond will become." Just my two cents, but I do believe that this new mechanism will inhibit backwards compatibility, kind of like how natures, etc. broke ties between II and III. We'll see though. Exciting stuff!

really exciting, I was wondering when we would get more X and Y news!

Also taking Italian is really paying off, Ciao is goodbye in Italian (although you guys probably already know that) so maybe they're hinting at something like the ability to travel to Italy?

The Pikachu Mafia said:

Also taking Italian is really paying off, Ciao is goodbye in Italian (although you guys probably already know that) so maybe they're hinting at something like the ability to travel to Italy?
That'd be interesting, but given the lack of other hints, I'd honestly say that's a stretch. Many different European languages use "ciao" informally. In fact, I recall it being used in French as a salutation as well. Even Spanish, for that matter. Could be, but seems unlikely.

I really hope there's some form of backwards compatibility. If there's revealed not to be I'm immediately dropping my quest for shinies.
shiny_pokemon_marker_practice_by_deidaraemoartist-d46wy6j.jpg

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
The Pikachu Mafia said:

That'd be interesting, but given the lack of other hints, I'd honestly say that's a stretch. Many different European languages use "ciao" informally. In fact, I recall it being used in French as a salutation as well. Even Spanish, for that matter. Could be, but seems unlikely.

yeah that's true, it would be kinda cool to go to other countries though :p (which would probably result in the world being too big... :c )

Very interesting, can't wait!

Flygon2071 said:
The bond part might just be levelling up. Is that or Happiness.

I don't think that's the case. He said "new battle mechanism".

Well, perhaps now happiness will affect stats.
This all sounds really exciting. Full 3D, new battle styles, conection with other players... I also liked the way Masuda described the Pokemon games... so touching!
But I'm afraid that with all this new staff backwards compatibility goes bye-bye. If it is so, it would be the first time I play a Pokemon game without my Blaziken and Rayquaza since 2004. Also, ciao competitive battling teams...

~An innovate communication system that will make you feel connected with players from around the world as you play the game.~

Hmm. Does this mean that we now have online random match up chat battles? 0_o
Sounds like we will be able to have some sort of in game world wide chat?

the bonds thing....

What if it was a minor way of increasing IVs or something lol.

Really curious.

The Pikachu Mafia said:

I believe he's used Ciao before... Just kind of as his favorite way of saying goodbye (makes him sound "fancy"?)... Then again my memory is pretty bad, so it's possible that's not the case at all.
---

On the "An innovate communication system that will make you feel connected with players from around the world as you play the game" part, maybe something similar to the message system in Demon's / Dark Souls? If the messages are pre-programmed even if players from another country write a message to someone in a place that doesn't speak the language, it could translate the message into that region's equivalent. Not really sure if Pokémon games are demanding enough to need a hint message system like Demon's / Dark Souls has, but it's a thought.

I like the bonding idea because it sounds like it will make RNGing less effective, if even possible any more, and therefore make VGC fair. I remember Masuda months ago on Twitter posting pictures like crazy from his trip to Paris. If only we had seen the foreshadowing...

Of note is that he links to the French version of the X and Y website, which is yet another hint that the games are based on France.
He gave the link to the English site, too. I suppose giving the link to the English site means X and Y are based on America.

don()shinobi said:
Of note is that he links to the French version of the X and Y website, which is yet another hint that the games are based on France.
He gave the link to the English site, too. I suppose giving the link to the English site means X and Y are based on America.

That means it is going to be in England too.

Back