(1) Isshu's Starter Evolutions Leaked; Another New Pokemon [9/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
i'll be waiting forever for that cake since the game supposedly come out in april 2011 and my birthday is in december =/

Edit: by then i'll be done with both my games lol

Chardan

Aspiring Trainer
I guess we will just have to put up with the whole real/fake debate for another fortnight then. Oh Joy.

Renjil12

?
@Chardan I think you mean another week, becasue next weeks pokemon sunday is said to reveal a boat load of info and coro coro leaks are likely to be next weekend

Chardan

Aspiring Trainer
@Renjil12
I was just going on the basis that Starter evolutions haven't been revealed before the games have been released. But hey, not that I'd mind it being shown. Hopefully that 'mustached Pokemon' is shown off.

PokéMontage

Kakuna Matata - what a wonderful phrase!
My opinions if the starter evolutions are real:

-I really like Tsutaja's final form. Very elegant. The middle form is a bit awkward.
-Mijumaru's final form is strange but interesting I guess. It reminds me too much of Walrein. The middle form is cute.
-Pokabu's evolutions...No thanks, I don't like them at all.

Guess I'll be picking Tsutaja.

And I'm really not that into the elemental monkeys. Yanappu was cute, but the water monkey just seems silly and we didn't need another fire monkey. They just look like re-colorings of the same Pokemon from what I can tell by the back sprites. Plus, they're most likely gimmicks meant to show off triple battles, so I doubt they'll be evolving (and they probably won't be the best battlers either).

Quite a disappointing update.

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
like i said before im getting Mijumaru. i have an obsession with water starters (gen2 was an exception).

shiny umbreon

Aspiring Trainer
Puting in your birthdate is kinda cool. I lol'd when you get a cake at pokemon musicals.

Off topic: LOL a Pampers ad! (on the vid.)

zero20

BlueNinja xd
elegant? it looks wimpy how is that snake gonna fight pokabus final evo?? no match there pokabus evos are better looking to me .. tsutajas last evo is wimpy.. and the otter is meehh idc

PokéMontage

Kakuna Matata - what a wonderful phrase!
elegant? it looks wimpy how is that snake gonna fight pokabus final evo?? no match there pokabus evos are better looking to me .. tsutajas last evo is wimpy.. and the otter is meehh idc

Yeah, elegant. It's regal and royal. I tend to like the more elegant 'mons.

Pokabu's second stage is just plain horrible. It's ridiculous and looks like they put 2 seconds of thought into it. It honestly looks a lot like Lickilicky,
Pokabu's final stage is at least somewhat interesting to look at, but I still find it to be poorly designed. Maybe that's just my dislike of big, fat, bulky Pokemon talking. It reminds me of a Magmortar and Rhyperior hybrid.

Valtron

Aspiring Trainer
Like the water and grass starters. Smugleaf's third form is gorgeous. I think they did a fantastic job. I've hated Pokabu since Day 1, so I really could care less about its other evolutions. But LOL at its third form. Pitiful.

zero20

BlueNinja xd
ok well idk what you see thats so bad about pokabu? he looks original to me.. the grass one looks like a grass milotic idk i dont like it sorry..

Shiramu Kuromu

ΩR/αS Pokémon Contest Master
Honestly I see everyone's complaints about Pokabu's final forms which all seem more like what they were going for. I mean, it's based on a Pig, what was everyone else expecting? And as I mentioned if based on a pig and part fire type I'm pretty sure they'd have references to Ganon in several instances. Here if you don't believe me see for yourself:
Ganon:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100413011020/zelda/images/thumb/1/18/Ganon_%28Oracle_of_Ages_%26_Oracle_of_Seasons%29.png/250px-Ganon_%28Oracle_of_Ages_%26_Oracle_of_Seasons%29.png
Pokabu's final form:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/244/f/9/pokabu__s_final_evo_unconfirmed_by_roadsidefriendly-d2xrry0.png
Similar face design, similar build with large arms and small legs, and other similarities including Ganon's evil and the Pokemon's theoretical Dark type, Ganon having the TriForce of Power which is Din who is mostly fire based and Pokabu's line is fire type and also the obvious factor that both are based on boars and pigs.

zero20

BlueNinja xd
yeah people just hate it cuz its a pig... but i like pigs and bacon so haha lol

i liked tsutaja but its evos are just sad,he had soo much potetial and if at the end he does look like that ima be kinda sad..

and mijumaru was alrite the 2nd evo is badass but the last one wow nothing there.

Pokabu is cool to me and i like how fire comes out of his nose and stuff and then the last is a giant boar/pig/ganon thing is awsome!

Ace.

Let's put a smile on that face!
I thought I should add my thoughts here, since I've been keeping it bottled up all day.

I, for one, absolutely hate the supposed Mijumaru evo. I don't really care about the other two starters, as I already dedicated myself to picking Mijumaru when the starters were originally revealed, contrary to the hate he was recieving. I knew karma would make him awesome. When I saw his evo, I nearly cried tears of joy like a little girl who just got her first easy bake oven. It gave me hope that he would indeed become an awesome water/fighting samurai otter with the announcement of Shell Blade, and he would get his revenge (teehee pun). But seriously, what is with his last evo?! I mean, it's a decent pokemon....as a stand-alone. But as a evolution to Mijumaru? How does that work?! That poke is completely different...

-Mijumaru and evo has a big, round head; last evo has a small head, similar to a dog.
-Mijumaru and evo have tails similar to sea otter; last evo does not.
-Mijumaru and evo have black, circular eyes; last evo has yellow eyes.
-Mijumaru and evo has cute orange nose; last evo does not.
-Mijumaru and evo are bipedal.
-A shell just suddenly grew on last evo's head?
-The 'shells' on last evo don't even resemble shells.

I'm also doubting the color scheme of the evos. In the anime art, they're obviously in black and white (lol another pun), but if it was blue, don't you think it would've been darker, rather than white? Green on Tsutaaja's evo is depicted as black, since it is a darker color. Iris and Ash are depicted as black, as well. So obviously, some colors are depicted on this beta art. If Mijumaru's evo really was blue, I believe it would've been depicted as black, but since it was white, I'm gonna believe it's white (also because it doesn't look as cool when it's blue and the color scheme doesn't match Mijumaru at all). Of course, this can all be wrong since Kibago is white, even though he's really green, but I'm still gonna believe that Mijumaru's evo is white, since Tsutaaja's evo was shown with color. Just my thoughts on that.

Anyways, the evos of starters normally have certain traits that carry through the chain; there is absolutely NO resemblance between Mijumaru/his evo and his last evo. None at all. If these are real, you really dropped the ball here, Game Freak. And you broke my heart. :'(

Of course, I'm still on the 'fake!!!' bandwagon. While there has been evidence to prove it as fake, has there been any evidence to prove it as real, other than "these are real, this guy told me so"?

Fake:
-Drawing/photoshop errors.
-Somebody admitted to drawing it.

Real:
-WPM/Serebii's sources said so?

I'm honestly unsure why people think that they're real. Can someone please tell me why they think it's real, other than "cause WPM said so"?

Also, I joined the forum just to post. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.