(1) Four 'Lost Link' Cards and Promos Revealed [3/26]

Skymin

What is winning without the losers?
EspeonROX said:
OH MY GOD! Espeon Prime! It's SOOOO adorable! :D I definitely want that card...OK. That was a lie. I want thirty.

Good Luck trying to get it. It's one of those Japanese points prizes and those are hard to get. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one for like $90. :x

Or, you can just wait for the English set. XD​

Khalddrogo

Aspiring Trainer
Dang it someone beat me to the mew/lucario combo. :)
Send lucario to the lost zone, and use it's attack.
Does 50 already. You could use DCE, but that energy removal will just get it discarded.
Expert belt would be nice, but if it's still in format, I'd use Snow Temple.
Mew having only 60hp is a letdown, but have 80 or 100 would make it closer to a broken card.

sillykyle

boop
cpeterik said:
An 80 HP double-prize does not sound like a good idea. For the trouble of wasting a turn getting Flygon in the lost zone, you might as well just charge up a real Flygon on your bench. 60 HP is horrid for this thing. the only potential combo I see is getting a Shuppet in the Lost Zone as well as an attacker so you can switch between damaging and recovering with Fade Out. Still, a horrible card.

The Gyarados idea is pretty clever, but will ultimately make it lose consistency. In an energy low deck that already needs space for Warp, Call, etc.. You can't fit any P energies, let alone ways to find them when needed, Roseannes, etc. Plus the huge thing about Gyarados is his massive HP, which Mew has not.

So 120 for 0 on a basic isn't good?

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
This, of course, will lead to a delicate balance between Mew Prime and Lost World stadium which will ultimately result in neither of them being used for fear of the other.
That's my theory.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
DNA said:
This, of course, will lead to a delicate balance between Mew Prime and Lost World stadium which will ultimately result in neither of them being used for fear of the other.
That's my theory.
Well, not nether, only Mew will not be played. The lost World decks would still be run because Mew decks would be an auto-loss to it, were as the reverse side is not true. Lost world decks do not fear Mew decks.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ehh, the Lost World is just dumb IMO. Palkia decks have to be careful how much they put away, and you always have to be wary of the Stadium drop and game. Absol seems like the best strategy here, but even then it's difficult to pull off. Mew Prime is alright, there are a lot of combos that can be pulled off with him. 60 HP doesn't help, but the combo with Lucario is great. The Legend card seems too slow. Zangoose is lulzy. Lost Remover just hates on DCE like Scizor which sucks. And the Espeon/Umbreon are too hard to get and aren't good enough to be that rare LOL.

dmaster out.

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
Porygon-X said:
Well, not nether, only Mew will not be played. The lost World decks would still be run because Mew decks would be an auto-loss to it, were as the reverse side is not true. Lost world decks do not fear Mew decks.

Send one Gyarados to the lost zone (or whatever you want the attack from). Now they need 5 instead of six more in the lost zone. That sure as heck isn't an auto loss.

cpeterik

Aspiring Trainer
sillykyle! said:
So 120 for 0 on a basic isn't good?

Ha. This is ridiculous. The amount of setting up you need to get 120 damage with Mew is more than the current Gyarados setup, and will therefore be less consistent. You need to:
Sabeleye open- Impersonate for Collector- 3 Karps.
Felicity 2 Karps
Regimove 2 Karps
Roseanne for Mew and P energy
Send up Mew, attach and send Gyarados to Lost Zone.
Wait and PREY!!!!! That the SUPER FRAGILE 60 HP BASIC dosent get OHKOd 5 turns into the game
Then, you can FINALLY start swarming Mews, trading KOs back and forth.
You will lose first because of the turns wasted using Impersonate and Mews attack.
I would much rather hit for 90 or 110 several turns in a row that 120 once and give up a prize.
Besides, no way SF will be legal when this comes out.
As it is, Mew prime is god awful. /story

sgtspontaneous

I like Pokémon more than Water Pokémon Master
Personally, I'd pack a couple Flygon Lv X in my deck just to dump them in the lost zone for Mew. Or Garchomp Lv X.

Here's a Deck I devised built around it, feel free to mention other ideas, it's not like I've play tested it :p

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=72976

houndoom dude

Why can't Legendaries just get along?
I dont think that lost world is that broken. I mean your opponent does have to have 6 pokemon in the lost zone, and by then you'll pretty much have 6 prizes for KO'ing their pokemon. Either that or your opponents stupid for filling up their bench with pokemon while you have Palkia G out. OR your reeeeeaaaaallllyy lucky and use zangoose to grab six pokemon out of their hand.
The main thing that I dont like about is that you can "declare yourself the winner". Thats just going to sound weird. I can see it now, "Ha Ha you have six pokemon in your lost zone. I win" and thats it. That will be the crudiest end ever. I just don't get why they would make a card to declare yourself the winner.
ANYWAY, annoying dumb non-broken cards aside, I am really looking forward to Darkrai Cresellia legend. Combined with a big spreader like Tyranitar from stormfront, you just spread 30 to all their pokemon a few times and bam when they finally take out your t-tar you bring up Darkrai/Cress to manipulate like 100-250 damage anywhere you want.
Then theres the Mew Lucario combo that could be fun. I dont think that it'll be that great though. Your looking at at least 2 or 3 turns of setup to do 90 or so damage with a pokemon that has VERY low hp. But could be a decent swarm deck. And then if Lost world does become popular your going to really have to watch how many pokemon you put into the lost zone.
And then last but not least there are the eevee evolutions which are always fun, always awesome decks to play around with. And the art is just cool.

GOON

Aspiring Trainer
houndoom dude said:
I don't think that lost world is that broken. I mean your opponent does have to have 6 pokemon in the lost zone, and by then you'll pretty much have 6 prizes for KO'ing their pokemon. Either that or your opponents stupid for filling up their bench with pokemon while you have Palkia G out. OR your reeeeeaaaaallllyy lucky and use zangoose to grab six pokemon out of their hand.
The main thing that I don't like about is that you can "declare yourself the winner". Thats just going to sound weird. I can see it now, "Ha Ha you have six pokemon in your lost zone. I win" and thats it. That will be the crudiest end ever. I just don't get why they would make a card to declare yourself the winner.
ANYWAY, annoying dumb non-broken cards aside, I am really looking forward to Darkrai Cresellia legend. Combined with a big spreader like Tyranitar from stormfront, you just spread 30 to all their pokemon a few times and bam when they finally take out your t-tar you bring up Darkrai/Cress to manipulate like 100-250 damage anywhere you want.
Then theres the Mew Lucario combo that could be fun. I don't think that it'll be that great though. Your looking at at least 2 or 3 turns of setup to do 90 or so damage with a pokemon that has VERY low hp. But could be a decent swarm deck. And then if Lost world does become popular your going to really have to watch how many pokemon you put into the lost zone.
And then last but not least there are the eevee evolutions which are always fun, always awesome decks to play around with. And the art is just cool.

Yes that's true that it's nothing to be feared, but we have only seen less then 10 cards from the set. I fear that there will be a lot of cards from this set dealing with the lost zone, and if it's all about putting cards there (mainly Pokes) it will be a dark day for the game. I can see it now, Lost World decks flooding the tourny scene. However, the positive side of this would mean that they might put some cards in that let you retrieve cards from the lost zone. If that is the case, I'm willing to believe that Lost World decks will show up a lot less, if at all. Plain and simple though, Instant Win cards=Game Killers. I don't know if anyone here ever played the old DBZ card game, but you remember those nice cards like Cosmic Backlash and Dragon's Victory, not fun cards. I also think a card effect that says "your opponet cannot declare himself or herself the winner during their next turn" might be a fun card to create. Yeah.....lets slap that on a Gengar attack as well.

LegendsLugia251

attack mode
i just find it odd how again espeon and umbreon are once again the rare cards for the players choice just like their gold star counterparts

Medaforcer

Professor Medaforcer
LegendsLugia251 said:
i just find it odd how again espeon and umbreon are once again the rare cards for the players choice just like their gold star counterparts

Eevees have a strangely large fanbase.

A very odd one.

cpeterik

Aspiring Trainer
It isn't odd at all... It's not like it's an "instant win", it's exactly like someone declaring themselves the winner when you get all 6 prizes, KO active w/ no bench, or your opponent can't draw a card at the beginning of their turn. It's just another mechanic to the game, and it does seem fair. I like the idea that there are now 4 ways to win. Also, keep in mind that the translations here are never final or even Pokemon Co. verified.. The whole "..declare his or herself the winner" bit sounds off, but will probably make more sense upon English release.

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
I am NEVER getting Great Raichu, Espeon or Umbreon XD.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
Lost World would certain cause a slight hesitation for LEGOS players now (though I really wonder how many decks would add this in their decks. Very few, I'm guessing).

Leafeon LV.X + Umbreon Prime + Expert Belt + Special Darkness would've been an interesting combo; Moon Veil has a chance of taking back a heavily damaged Umbreon Prime with 120 (140 if you tech in Espeon MD) HP, and anyone with only 110 HP would have a possible chance of getting OHKOd (120 is a bit unlikely without pluspower). Not practical, but fun. =3

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
amisheskimoninja said:
Send one Gyarados to the lost zone (or whatever you want the attack from). Now they need 5 instead of six more in the lost zone. That sure as heck isn't an auto loss.

Oh, well, that's not really a Mew deck IMO. That's a Gyarados deck with a Mew tech.

I was talking about Mew and Lucario as the Mew deck. Sorry.