(1) Final Matches of Japan's World Championship Qualifier Tournament [5/6]

Uh... hmm lol

Seniors:

Pretty interesting, I was honestly expecting the Dusknoir/Infernape user to win this one. However it seems that entire battle turned when Abomasnow wasted a turn using protect, and allowed Jolteon to get that crucial rain dance in (which later messed up Glaceon, who missed Blizzard essentially 4 times).

I was pretty pleased to see Azumarill in the final team :) It's an incredibly underated Pokemon for 2v2, especially because it's boosted in both Raindance and Trickroom (two of the most common VGS strategies). Too bad it died as soon as it was sent out... but ah well.

Snorlax confused me. What was it doing with firepunch? It was on a team that used raindance... lol

Juniors:

This on the other hand was just disappointing, although considering the lower age group it's not anything unexpected. Two trickroom teams, basically the same Pokemon... yeah.

The entire match was decided by a cheap explosion/protect combination, so I don't have anything else to say apart from: boo.

ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
Wait, can Platnium connect to PBR or is this some other system?
Yes but no forms. I was surprised actually to see Lucas in his platinum clothes. WTF? Anyway lol I love Giratina reading a book behind the screen.

This was probably a special versio of PBR for Platinum. We'll probably see it for our tourneys. Nice match for seniors and somewhat lame mirror match.

Rivallz said:
Blizzard missing...
Four times. That could have determined the game right there.

Yeah, I was so disappointed when it missed the turn he got a Quick Claw off. I was so expecting a double-freeze off that one. Would have be golden.

Did anyone else hear an orchestral version of Cyrus' theme in the background of the juniors match?

Man, that first match... Early critical hit on Noir wasn't too good. And I wondered why he Will-O-Wisped Gross when he was just going to Flare Blitz it anyways? I guess he didn't expect to K.O. it... "Wood Hummer" was funny. Didn't know Abomasnow learned an attack named after a wooden car. Poor Glaceon. It tried so hard, just to miss. ;0

The second match... Too bad it was pretty much a mirror... Kinda boring. Though, that explosion just wrecked everything... That was kinda cool. And then Chomp taken down by Snorlax and Azu... That was kinda neat, too, especially in Sandstorm. ;/

I loved the orchestral Cyrus theme used for both battles, though. It really helps set the mood.

FireMeowth said:
Lucas' Plat-clothes are awesome in 3D.

Too bad nobody played as a female, though. >:

They probably don't let you. :B

I wonder if that orchestral theme is anywhere on the internets?

ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
I AM CONFUSED! CAN PLANUIM CONNECT TO OUR PBR OR NOT!

... your question was answered several replies ago >>

Loved the match as well as the Orcastrated Cyrus theme. I'm hoping the small subtle hints lead to a PBR sequel of sorts, but even if this is just a special version for the tourney, I'm all for that too.

Sounds interesting. I will watch the videos when I have more time. Cool.:)

I was expecting a lot more from both matches actually.
It seemed all so obvious to me except for one thing:
I was expecting a Wobbuffet, so much power and it is allowed in these battles right?

SeiferA said:
ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
I AM CONFUSED! CAN PLANUIM CONNECT TO OUR PBR OR NOT!

... your question was answered several replies ago >>

Loved the match as well as the Orcastrated Cyrus theme. I'm hoping the small subtle hints lead to a PBR sequel of sorts, but even if this is just a special version for the tourney, I'm all for that too.
My question was answered twice. One said it could, but no forms, and the other said they were probably using a special one and we might get a platnuim pbr soon.

Lol Gotta love how the Japan react to hax. It's just a game. ._. WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Basically same Pokemon in both matches, but it was fairly interesting. I'm glad that Sand Veil Chomp user is happy he lost. >___>

The Swine Flu masks were funny but stupid at the same time too. :F

dmaster out.

zwelgbelg said:
It seemed all so obvious to me except for one thing:
I was expecting a Wobbuffet, so much power and it is allowed in these battles right?

Wobbuffet loses any of it's effectiveness in double battles. If it didn't, it would have been banned.

Back