(1) Cubchoo and Beartic from ‘Plasma Gale’ Revealed! [8/14]

RogueChomp

Team DBT
The cards are mildly decent. Won't see play and id doesn't really benefit from the plasma engine entirely.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
WWC for 90 + mill 1 from opponent isn't that bad, though...but it's not super astounding either. Then again, it could be easily searchable.

Mist

Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
The beartic art is real cool. The attacks are Okay too.

Setosama

Mew Trainer
So... It's Dark Pokemon again? Except that they have the same name as the normal Pokemon. Ok. XD

Blui

lv85 paladin
Wow, nothing playable here, they both look cool, and CAN be played, but not in a meta deck. (well, tech for Blasteo?)

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
I'm not sure about my opinions about THESE specific cards, but its great to be seeing a sneak-peak at the Plasma mechanics rolling along that we'll get in the future!

dBlue

Beartic has pretty neat art, although his design in general has always been somewhat weird to me. Tiny head, massive thighs, tuft of fur in a weird place. :\
images

Neither card is probably going to see to much use, imo.

C

Coltsdaman

[W][C] Power Rage: 20x damage. Does 20 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.
I think this makes beartic very intimidating. Up to 240 damage, 280 with a big cloak, he seems pretty solid =P

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Not so playable neat artwork. Beartic first attack can be played with Reuniclus. The second attack can be played in a league. But I like the mechanics

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking that maybe basics that can evolve won't be Plasma Pokémon, only evolved or basics that don't evolve. This would make them a mix of SPs, Dark Pokémon and Owner's Pokémon from Gym sets/Team Aqua vs Team Magma set.

The Pikachu Mafia

HTL is the Flippy Beam of Doom.
one word, underpowered.

Or at least that's what I would say if the card came out with DRX, but thanks to blastoise/keldeo/switch the deck doesn't seem half bad as long as you don't focus too much on the ice bear...

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Metalizard said:
I'm thinking that maybe basics that can evolve won't be Plasma Pokémon, only evolved or basics that don't evolve. This would make them a mix of SPs, Dark Pokémon and Owner's Pokémon from Gym sets/Team Aqua vs Team Magma set.
...Sounds like Delta Species to me, more like.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
The Pikachu Mafia said:
one word, underpowered.

Or at least that's what I would say if the card came out with DRX, but thanks to blastoise/keldeo/switch the deck doesn't seem half bad as long as you don't focus too much on the ice bear...
I wouldn't call it underpowered just yet. With the cards we currently know of, yes, it is a bit underpowered. But you gotta remember that we have Colress Machine to swarm your guys with Plasma Energy. We don't even know the rest of the Plasma support, or even what else will be in the set for that matter.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
These cards are awesome. I just got 2 Beartic's in my Zekrom EX tin. One has 130 HP and the other (The better one) has 120 HP. The cards here are pretty cool too.:)

Arcanine954

Credit to Articwhite!
Beartic's attacks are actually pretty decent. The artwork is also very cool. Doesn't seem too strategic though. :)

The Pikachu Mafia

HTL is the Flippy Beam of Doom.
don()shinobi said:
I wouldn't call it underpowered just yet. With the cards we currently know of, yes, it is a bit underpowered. But you gotta remember that we have Colress Machine to swarm your guys with Plasma Energy. We don't even know the rest of the Plasma support, or even what else will be in the set for that matter.

I didn't quite call it underpowered :p

I said I would call it UP if it came out with DRX. Since we have 2 more sets before it really comes out, the plasma engine, Blastoise, and Heavy Ball make it more viable.