(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Am I the only one who noticed that on the artwork MegaAbsol have a black and a white wing, while in the sprites it appears to have to white wings?

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
jtauro92 said:
Rattlehead said:
I wonder what a "Mega Bouffalant" would look like

or a Mega Tauros for that matter.

See this is what I was talking about earlier its not like I dont like the mega forms its just that making regular pokemon having forms means endless possibilities as there are like 300+ final stage or standalone pokemon..thats a lot of forms and people will be demanding more.

leecario

let's be alone together
steffenka said:
Am I the only one who noticed that on the artwork MegaAbsol have a black and a white wing, while in the sprites it appears to have to white wings?

The black "wing" was just the blade on his head

dragotoed

Aspiring Trainer
I like it. I love MegaAmpharos (totally not because it gains Dragon typing :D haha). It looks awesome but not too overly designed, but...

...my only gripe with this is that Absol and Mawile won't technically have "evolutions" if it's really only usable within battles. Not that it won't matter that much, but still... I hope there's actually going to have proper cross-gen evolutions like Sylveon. Oh well! I'm looking forward to other megas! ^_^

edit: Do'h! Silly me. I just realized, we don't even know how Sylveon actually evolves... so... just throwing that out there... not implying anyhting. lol.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
This Mega stuff is "perfect" for the anime, namely Pikachu. Pikachu would never evolve into Raichu and now it can change without it being forever. I'm already imagining some episodes about the reveal of this and Pikachu and Ash learning how to deal with and using it. Hey, it might be another one of those episodes where Pikachu gets "possessed" and out of control and ends up turning against Ash.

Hmm that would make an awesome storyline for the X/Y anime.

We might get this in the games, involving T.Flare, that Gym Leader...kinda like what happened with the enraged Kyogre and Groudon back at Gen.III.

Sky Pillar said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
but forms have only appeared in Gen IV

Forms have been here since gen 2 (Unown) and actual form changing since gen 3 (Deoxys).
You're right, I forgot about Deoxys and the Unknown.

beaulier

Aspiring Trainer
I really like the Mega designs, but Ill wait til I know how it properly works so I can form an opinion. I wish absol and mawile would get real evolutions though. It makes me wonder if this gen will have any other older pokemon evos besides sylveon

Tensho

Aspiring Trainer
I think they are saying that the Mega Evolution is activated via Mega Stone when the Pokemon in question have fulfilled a certain requirement. And it seems like many have said, Blazikenite is one type of Mega Stone.

Mudkip DS

Pokemon Trainer
OK, I find the Mega Pokémon designs cool but the whole feature and the fact that some Pokémon will have a 4th evolution makes me feel like it's a fake game. There are just some things that don't seem Pokémonish to me - and mega formes belong to Dragon Ball, not Pokémon.

About the three new Pokémon - the Gogoat preevo actually look surprisingly good! The rabbit looks like it's from a Disney cartoon - totally not for Pokémon... And the third thing, are you kidding? Another Pikachu/Raichu look-a-like? Pikachu, Emolga, Pachirisu and now this... Well I know they do it on purpose because all of these Pokémon are rodent but still, seems really weird.

Overall, at first I thought these news were fake... They are changing Pokémon just like Yu-Gi-Oh! was changed to take place on motorcycles. I still think the game will be awesome but sometimes they are just exaggerating.

Furthermore, they better have the mega evolutions for all Pokémon cause otherwise it's gonna feel like the game isn't complete (at least to me).

Jack Bauer

Pokemon Professor
20130731_screenshot_kinowerbung06.jpg

20130731_screenshot_kinowerbung07.jpg

Mega Evolution animation right under our noses. Watch the MovieTrailer posted on pokebeach with the new tree Pokémon.

Tom

Aspiring Trainer
Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but even though I'm not a big fan of these mega forms, at least it should make battles harder?

The way I can see it going is like, if youre about to beat someone, then all of a sudden there pokemon goes mega form and becomes more powerful/harder to beat. The new equivalent to the elite four using hyper potions just as youre going to win ¬___¬

Jack Bauer

Pokemon Professor
Tom said:
Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but even though I'm not a big fan of these mega forms, at least it should make battles harder?

The way I can see it going is like, if youre about to beat someone, then all of a sudden there pokemon goes mega form and becomes more powerful/harder to beat. The new equivalent to the elite four using hyper potions just as youre going to win ¬___¬

We'll have to see if the Mega Evolution has to happen at the beginning of a battle or can be triggered anytime in battle. Which then would probably cost you a turn, just like using an item in normal battles in the game.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Not all Pokemon have Mega Evolutions.

In order to Mega Evolve the eligible Pokemon needs to be holding the Mega Stone.

As predicted the Mega Pokemon appear in battles only.

Mega Evolutions have increased stats, with CoroCoro citing two examples: Mega Lucario has higher Attack and Mega Absol has higher Attack and Speed. Mega Mewtwo obviously has higher Speed as we saw in the Genesect film.

The Blazikenite item cannot be found through normal gameplay.
(...)
The next CoroCoro will feature the new type chart reflecting the Fairy-type, new Pokemon, and new Mega Evolutions.

GF has created something of a monster here...and it's already somewhat out of control. Not all Pokémon are going to have a Mega Form but if they don't have and give us a reasonable criterion then this new mechanic will be very attacked. Even now the fans are already calling for this or that Mega form and the web will be filled with this mega fakemons. In the future, Mega forms will become the new expected evolutions for old Pokémon. This is one hell of a sh*tstorm...more to come with the next CoroCoro!

Like I've said, I don't like the whole concept of it and this naming system (though I like "Awakened" more than "Mega") but I really liked the new designs so I'm somewhat mad that these are not true and irreversible evolutions. When I came across Absol I thought that it had a nice and cool design and after reading it's Pkdex entry I got even more desire to train it and so I was really hoping for a nice looking evolution, but instead I got this...:(

If Blazikenite won't be found during normal gameplay perhaps it will be the same for all the other Mega itens, so it seems that this won't be forced on us (unless they put some E4 Champion that's only beatable by having at least one Mega :( )

In conclusion, my only reason for even thinking about trying this new mechanic was so that I would get to see them (not really interested in using them) but if it happens that all the needed itens are only available through DLC or events then it's another argument for me to not try it.

PS: this new mechanic has been compared to the Dragon Ball series. The new images tell us that M.Ampharos already has 5 out of 7 dragon balls, so where are the other two!? If M.Ampharos happens to learn Wish then it's confirmed that we have a new dragon balls' Dragon!! XD

Lanturnman

Lanturn is not even my favorite pokemon....
This really shocked me, I really like the designs and megablaziken really excites as my childhood friend had a blaziken called MEGABLAZIK, ooh the memories. Anyways, like many people said, they are most likely formes, rather than real evolutions, just look at the designs, they are way too similar to their original formes to be called evolutions, with the exception of Absol and Mawile. I can't judge them any further now, I really would like to see more details (please ninty, a nintendodirect soon please), especially concerning stats.

To all people complaining about these new additions, don't worry, you'll warm up to this... You'll get used to it... because after all... we always do... WE ALWAYS DO! (insert creepy brainwashed face)

Mitja

veteran smartass
TokenDuelist said:
Though assuming it's in battle only, and they hold items in order to utilize this, it suddenly doesn't make the game broken either, sure some people would get a speed boost blaziken but it's only held item would be the Blazikenite. That alone is a bit of a disadvantage.

The Mega Blaziken will have Speed Boost because the Torchic they're giving out with a Blazikenite has its Hidden Ability: Speed Boost.

I'm pretty confident a Blaze Blaziken will keep Blaze even as Mega Blaziken, otherwise pointless for Blaziken to have that as a Hidden ability already if the rest can gain it the moment they turn Mega.

Lucario on the other hand has its ability changing for example. It's either replacing the normal 2 slots (Steadfast/Inner Focus), or merely changes if it has the Hidden ability Justified before, or all of them, like the Therians:

regular Tornadus: Prankster
hidden ability Tornadus: Defiant
Therian Tornadus, both cases: Regenerator

Gogoat

Aspiring Trainer
After thinking about it, having Mega forms introduced to Pokemon actually makes a lot of sense. I think we can all agree that 4th Gen D/P may have had too many evolutions of old Pokemon, instead of new concepts/creations. With Mega forms though, they don't really take up any space in our new generation of Pokemon, and I'm presuming they won't be added to the Pokedex as individual Pokemon - keeping that as low as possible too.

Essentially, GF can add as many Mega forms to old Pokemon as they want. I think we can all agree that Mewtwo breaking out of the shell at the end of the previous trailer is most likely its transformation. The doublehelix logo floating above Mewtwo's head afterwards probably represents the form change and the process of Mega evolution. Given the significance of the doublehelix logo in the japanese titles, I think we can expect this to be a big feature, with way more than the handful of Mega's from this months corocoro.

BABY GOGOAT, I NEED YOUR ENGLISH NAME