(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

masterryanx

N
I'm very pleased with the Mega Pokémon designs. I think they look great.

Dedenne being an Electric/Fairy type is supporting suspicions that I've held for some time that the Pikachu family as well as Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu and Emolga will all gain Fairy typing. I thought it was probable from the start, given that they're all in the Fairy Egg Group, but Dedenne's typing pretty much confirms it for me.

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
Mega Pokemon! Mega Amphoros an Electric/Dragon type *angels sing* I'm in love! Dragon Type love. I like all the mega forms though. I want them all. October 12th get here faster!

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
It seems to be the typical split going on about these Mega Mon.

For it vs Against it vs Who cares.

Finch182

Aspiring Trainer
Mawile seems like such a pointless Pokemon to give a 'Mega Forme' too. Surely this completely blocks any future plans on it getting an actual evolution. Unless, Game Freak plan on giving EVERY Pokemon a 'Mega Forme' and not just fully evolved ones. A MegaSunkern? No, thanks....

McMuffins

Aspiring Trainer
Raptor9229 said:
FT10 said:
Keep in mind "Mega" is the Japanese prefix. They'll be known as "Awakened" in English.

That has not been confirmed as true right now, for all we know they could just keep the Mega prefix for English too. Just because the movie has "the awakening of Mewtwo" does not mean the formes will be known as awakened formes in English. They could have used awakening in the title to signify the awakening of Mewtwo's Mega forme.

It was confirmed on the site when they said that this Mewtwo is known as Mewtwo Awakened?

And @JollyPiplups that's a wonderful statement and all, but nobody once said or even suggested (when referring to Mega Pokemon) that Gamefreak was running out of ideas.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Raptor9229 said:
SunRiver said:
My heavens!!

Mega evolutions?!!

Ampharos a Electric/Dragon?!

I... I... Help me!

*Faints*

To be fair Ampharos looks more Dragon like than its two previous formed (Mareep and Flaffy), hardly even resembles a sheep anymore. Mega Ampharos almost makes it look like an Eastern Dragon.

Ampharos was already a dragon, just not dragon-type.
Kind of like Charizard.

PokeDan23

Pokemon Fan Since 1999
"Charge! DNA Burst Mode!"

That's what I think of when I see this whole Mega Evolution concept...Pokemon is turning into Digimon it seems...first came the fusion between Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram and now this...what's next? Armour Evolution?

Reggie McGigas

-
Call me a genwunner, but I really dislike the idea of mega pokemon. The only good one (design wise) in my opinion is lucario.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Happy to see that Ampharos, one of my favorites, is seeing some love from Gamefreak.

Keep 'em coming!

McMuffins

Aspiring Trainer
At least we have the blizzard wolf confirmed now. And at least the rodent does not seem as annoying as Patrat and Bidoof

leecario

let's be alone together
McMuffins said:
At least we have the blizzard wolf confirmed now. And at least the rodent does not seem as annoying as Patrat and Bidoof

Blizzard wolf? Where?

FT10

Aspiring Trainer
I'm kind of on the fence about this whole thing. I think I'm more shocked than anything, especially since many of us had downplayed the importance of this month's CoroCoro scoop. On the one hand, I think if the mega forms are item-activated and merely change stat distribution (and possibly typing), while maybe gaining some exclusive moves, then this development can truly be revolutionary and cool. But, if the Megas gain an augmentation in stats putting them on level or above the pseudo-legendaries, then, at this moment, I'm not really a fan of this.

I want this to be a cool, optional avenue that I can choose to pursue during the game. I don't mind if they're included in the plotline, but I don't want the game mechanics to force me to have multiple megas in my party.

scuba steveE

Absolute
This was a pretty big scoop. lol

Well, I've been wanting an Absol evolution for longest time and honestly, I will take any way to make Absol better. It looks like it grew wings, so does it stay pure Dark type? It also looks like a angel, which I really like.

With Mega evolutions as a whole, when I first saw this, I was like "WTF!?", but I'm already starting to warm up to the ideal and think the fanbase will also eventually. As for the designs:
Blaziken and Lucario: Looks like a super hero duo, probably my least favorite right now.
Ampharos: Now I hated Ampharos before, but I absolutely love it's Mega evolution. I love it's hair, I just picture it riding on the back Rapidash with it's hair blowing in the wind.
Mawile: Probably my favorite, it looks sick.

I'm still going to wait for their official artwork, how they look in the games, and how this mega evolution mechanic works before I make a finally opinion of them

Reggie McGigas

-
Ampharos: Ampharos with a wig = Dragon Type. Totally uncreative. 1/10
Lucario: Looks the best of all of them. 8.5/10
Mawile: Can you say UGLY? 3.5/10
Blazekin: Not bad, but reminds me of White Kyurem. 5.5/10
Absol: It's OK, but a little overdesigned. Kinda like Black Kyurem. 4/10

Honestly, Gen 6 is probally my least favorite. Call me a genwunner, but they have really messed up so far. (This is coming from a guy who dislikes gen 1)

McMuffins

Aspiring Trainer
leecario said:
McMuffins said:

Blizzard wolf? Where?

The list of 14 Japanese Pokemon names included one with a Blizzard Wolf. And on that list was Dedenne and Horubii named exactly as is so the list is confirmed.

Setosama

Mew Trainer
GlaceonFanatic said:
omg http://keelerak.tumblr.com/image/57717722255

LMFAO! XD

Well, I'm glad to know what I can call the new Mewtwo. Welcome MegaMewtwo! Or is is (Megamewtwo? Come on PUSA, shed some light on this stuff for us on the X and Y site!)

And yeah, I'm thinking Digimon too with the Mega Evolutions... Especially with Blaziken and Ampharos.

ALSO! We better get that Torchich Download over seas, ESPECIALLY if it's a Speed Boost Torchic!

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Reggie McGigas said:
GlaceonFanatic said:
omg http://keelerak.tumblr.com/image/57717722255

Thanks for the leak! Is this real though?

Someone doesn't get jokes.
That image is absolutely glorious.