(1) Clear Scans of July's 'CoroCoro' Magazine [7/13]

Xous said:
I love the Sugimori artwork for Gochiruzeru - it's definitely made me like the Pokémon. I don't like that Black will be getting Black City - I figured they went with opposites for mascots, so they'd go opposite of the opposite of the mascot (therefore similar) for in-game features. This doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well, I guess I can't bash it until I roam the town. Hopefully it turns out Gochiruzeru is Black's exclusive Pokémon, if they keep the trend up. (Though with my luck it'll go to White.)

Good thing you said that! I thought about getting Black since I like Reshiram more, but I don't like the technologic crap. So now I'm in such a dilemma! I hope the version changes aren't frequent, that way I'm still getting Black.

I'm also dissapointed with the fact that they didn't release the artwork for the other revealed Pokémon. But well, it's obvious since they already released so many news.

All these clear scans are amazing, liking the 2 or 3 rival thing going on and the story behind it, not really sure what N's role is but I think he might be like Eusine maybe and he is doing his stuff because he is related to the big bad guy?

Also I got a few pics together which look interesting:
bwbedroomcompare.png

I think Cheren got mad about the present

I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, but is it safe to assume we're just getting animated versions of the Generation 4 games' Pokémon sprites instead of all-new sprites for Pokémon #001 - 493? I figure it's been long enough that they're through with beta sprites and are using what will appear in the final version of the game. (Though I can't recall how long it was until they used Giratina-O's official sprite in Platinum's news...)

Or could they just be using the betas for Generation 4 and below Pokémon for now...? I guess my only answer is "time will tell", but it'd be nice to hear what others have to say. (Not sure if this was discussed earlier in the thread.)

WrightJustice said:
bwbedroomcompare.png

Yeah,or the present is a Pokemon and the new bad guys took it and trashed his room.
thats a pretty good theory.

I'm extremely excited for these games now.

I was going to start with Pokemon Black, but now I'm debating if I should just get both.

I'm loving the concept of the Dream World and just seeing these scans are hyping me up.

I cannot wait for the release in the US! :D

Xous said:
I forgot to ask this in my earlier post, but is it safe to assume we're just getting animated versions of the Generation 4 games' Pokémon sprites instead of all-new sprites for Pokémon #001 - 493? I figure it's been long enough that they're through with beta sprites and are using what will appear in the final version of the game. (Though I can't recall how long it was until they used Giratina-O's official sprite in Platinum's news...)

Or could they just be using the betas for Generation 4 and below Pokémon for now...? I guess my only answer is "time will tell", but it'd be nice to hear what others have to say. (Not sure if this was discussed earlier in the thread.)

Well, they'd have to make a lot of new sprites so it's understandable if they reuse sprites for the old Pokémon. They'll probably only do that for ones that aren't part of the Isshu dex though.
Or it could just be beta.

WrightJustice said:
All these clear scans are amazing, liking the 2 or 3 rival thing going on and the story behind it, not really sure what N's role is but I think he might be like Eusine maybe and he is doing his stuff because he is related to the big bad guy?

bwbedroomcompare.png

When I saw the second picture, I instantly thought; Triple Battle!
That would be awesome!

But it looks like you just normally battle one of your rivals.

I'm wondering how the room got torn up though?​

I think what happened was that Bells Pokemon trashed the room, which leaves just you and Cheren to learn the ropes together. Cheren would have the Starter with the advantage to yours, while Bell has the other, which she isn't very good at controling intitialy

Darkrai_Shadowforce said:
dang,

White forest is in white version... I want that black city in white. T_T.

I hope the high-tech dimension of those cities better be in white. I like Zekrom more, but if these keeps up,

I'm better of going with black version. I love the high-tech theme, I don't like the nature-ish theme much.

MTE.
Except that I want Reshiram. But I wanna get WHITE. :/.

Chizmey said:
MTE.
Except that I want Reshiram. But I wanna get WHITE. :/.

Reshiram is going to be in the Black version, so you'll be happy to know that it is in Black City, not White Forrest.

If you like Reshiram and you dislike nature-theme then get Black? Black has Reshiram and the high-tech theme.

Agent Clank said:
Yeah,or the present is a Pokemon and the new bad guys took it and trashed his room.
thats a pretty good theory.
The present is 3 pokemon, all the starters and you, Cheren and Belle each get one.

Thinking about Cheren and Belle some more I would have to agree that possibly Belle's starter went crazy and now the player and Cheren are showing her how you really use your pokemon etc.

illmtu said:
If you like Reshiram and you dislike nature-theme then get Black? Black has Reshiram and the high-tech theme.

I'm so used to get the second version...
I had Blue, Sapphire, Pearl, now I want White XD
(and my brother's gonna get Black...)

Belle and Cheren seem like good Rivals. I really wanted N to be one of them, but it seems he's more like a villain than anything else. He has a weird motive just like one at least. The triple battles really sound interesting now, and at least they're adding things so your teammates don't get hurt. White Forest and Black City is probably where you meet the Legends or something. Really hits home the Nature vs. Technology theme. I like the clearer artwork of the Pokemon. The white bat is one Pokemon that's really interesting for me and I like the Larvitar clone as well. Bidoof clone...not so much. The Live Caster sounds really cool and they have a lot of features for this online thing.

dmaster out.

I agree, the 2 rivals look fantastic. I also sense an inevitable triple battle from teaming up with them.
A lot of things seem to point towards N being the villain. Which saddens me a little, as I'm very impressed with his appearence - and would like to be able to fight him whenever I want post-story. Still, we don't know all the details. His agenda is both admirable and questionable. He wants to stop Pokemon being humans' slaves, yet completely divide them. Though they'll probably come up with some cheesey justification for Pokemon being "tools" in the end, because they do so out of their friendship to the trainer, or some such nonsense :p. And N will either come to this realisation and change his ways, or hang on until the end like Cyrus. Which would be a little disappointing.

I really do admire this Yin Yang theme. Even though it's messed up my choice of version. Prior to any news at all: White, because I prefer that colour. Legendaries released: Slight lean towards Black for preferring Reshiram. And now we have a technology V nature theme - which appear based on the opposite theme of your version's legendary. And I'd possibly prefer a natural environment...*headache* I may just get both!

I must say, Rankurusu is really growing on me. And my choice on which game to get gets getting harder....even though i have already pre ordered Black. Im just hoping my Green cell makes it to Black! Apart from everything else i really like the idea of starting over at route 1, which proably means no connections to older games. No more eeveelutions possibly? Whatever happens happens i guess. The idea of 2 rivals really gives GF alot of room for an amazing storyline, hopefully all games will be like this in the future.

This game has really impresed me, and i can also see a triple battle by teaming up with them(maybe against N), but i would like to think more of the as friends than rivals(companions hopefully), triple battles really came to be what i hoped them to be strategy and fun(really nintendo and gamefreak really turned this great risk to a great victory), i like the new pokemon specially kibago and Wargle(maybe i will add them to my team),the version exclusives of the white forrest and blact city are interesting, and the drean world and the fact that you can get pokemon by this is really useful and fun

Starting at route 1, Legendary Dogs and Eeveelutions as special events? I'm begining to think there wont be a lot of older pokemon in these games at all. Which is fine by me.

starting at route 1 is intresting.... they did say they where "Starting All Over" i'm both worried and happy about this a new start for pokemon but i still want some old pokemon to evo and eeveelution evolutions... oh well can't have your cake and eat it two i guess

PKMidori said:
Starting at route 1, Legendary Dogs and Eeveelutions as special events? I'm begining to think there wont be a lot of older pokemon in these games at all. Which is fine by me.

Well maybe not at first there won't be. I believe we will get access to the old pokes after the main storyline. (i.e. after the league) A lot of people have been saying things similar to this and I agree with this theory.

Back