(1) Charizard-EX in 'CoroCoro' [1/15]

That sound you hear is the sound of the glass ceiling breaking.

It's times like this I am glad I ordered 6 boxes of Wild Blaze. The cost of one Mega Charizard EX from Wild Blaze will easily cover the cost of one box I wreckon.

Wowwy that Charizard isn't good at all. It's like two turns without attacking. Crazyness! I wonder if Mega Charizard has some super strong ability to make up for it or something. But if this is a promo then I'm assuming there might one with different moves released in the main set?

What a bad EX. Although, I am curious as to the amount of promo EXs, will we be getting them in blisters or our own super theme decks?

Really like the artwork of that Charizard! But I wonder, is there going to be 3 different Charizard EX? One in the set, one in the deck and one promo? Thats a lot of Charizards o_O

Videoland said:
Really like the artwork of that Charizard! But I wonder, is there going to be 3 different Charizard EX? One in the set, one in the deck and one promo? Thats a lot of Charizards o_O

Well probably, since there's Mega Charizard X and Y in the VG. I'm sure Charizard and each Mega Evo will have plenty of prints in the TCG. But my goodness, this card sucks. First attack isn't worth using because you're wasting 2 turns in a row, and 4 energy to do 120 AND hurt yourself. No thanks.

It seems like the basic EX versions of stage 2s are usually much weaker than the legendary EXes. I actually don't think they're bad cards, because in another format, basics with high HP and big damaging attacks (even with the drawbacks) would be welcome with open arms. It's just we're so used to EXes having attacks like Night Spear, X Ball, and Black Ballista that these ones pale in comparison.

pokedan24 said:
It seems like the basic EX versions of stage 2s are usually much weaker than the legendary EXes. I actually don't think they're bad cards, because in another format, basics with high HP and big damaging attacks (even with the drawbacks) would be welcome with open arms. It's just we're so used to EXes having attacks like Night Spear, X Ball, and Black Ballista that these ones pale in comparison.

true, but they give up 2 prizes. That's 1/3 of your game gone just because you were silly enough to use mega awakening, thinking it would help you mega evolve but you just died instead...

The unspoken rule of Charizards, they will always be one of the crappiest cards in the set, but they will be valued way higher above the other cards anyway.

Well, for now, this is just a promo... So, I seriously expect 2 more Charizard-EX, one for the main set and one for the Theme Deck... Those two may be better... Although it is true that most Charizard cards suck...

Sad part is that this card is just begging to get OHKO'ed by Keldeo EX's Secret Sword in a Blastoise/Keldeo matchup. Most Charizards in the TCG do suck Metalizard however the last competitive Charizard we had was back in Platinum: Arceus before Catcher saw the light of day where you ran HGSS Ninetales for drawpower and Typhlosion Prime to power up Charizard easily however the main decks that stopped it in it's tracks aside from SP's was Gyarados and possibly SableDonk.

Am I the only one that thinks this card is actually not bad? It can OHKO Fire-weak stuff without needing 2 Fire Energy, and has more HP than Victini EX, which can be OHKO'd by Genesect pretty easily with the release of Muscle Band. In something like Hydreigon, some players may opt to play this over Victini because it can take a hit from Genesect (bar G Booster, obviously). The self-dealing damage won't matter, because after it takes 1 hit you'll just heal it with Max Potion anyway. But if you're worried about having more HP, you might just want to go with Entei EX instead.

If this card is actually okay, then the Mega can't be that bad, right? ... right?

I feel like they wouldn't make 3 Charizard EX. This is probably a reprint of either the Wild Blaze one or the Theme Deck one.

This is a bad card without a doubt but keep in mind that it came with Coro-coro. All the cards that come with that magazine are bad. There will surely be a good Charizard EX revealed in the half-decks or the actual set.

On one hand I'm hoping that a series of awful Charizard cards will slap down the collectors who overprice the Charizards, but on the other hand I'm hoping there's some more Charizard EX cards yet to be revealed...

Back