(1) BW5 'Dragon Blade' and 'Dragon Blast' Scans! [3/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Alex Magicus said:
Garbodor/Zebstrika, anyone? I know damage output is horrible, but trainer+ability lock is something worth it (and it protects Garbodor)
Garbodor/Gothitelle also sounds pretty cool, but it depends on how much Mewtwo is still around by then.
Metalizard said:
I guess the part that says "or discard pile" is specifically referring to Ho-oh-EX...
Or it's foreshadowing that there will be more cards like Ho-oh-EX. Hopefully. Lol.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Garbodor now has Muk's Pokemon Power. This is something I have been waiting for ever since Garbodor was first printed in Noble Victories.

You have no idea how happy this makes me. No possible idea.

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
By the way, now with that Garbador's ability, you can't use Junk Arm or Juniper, and it shuts down Eel/Phlosion acceleration. Seems pretty nifty.

DNA

Advanced Member
It also won't stop Typhlosion, seeing how it is not an Ability.

Palbert6393

Aspiring Trainer
dont forget though garbodor also shuts off gothitelle, so the only way to trainer/ability lock is with zebstrika. i think it could be useful in 6 corners because it would shut off all your opponents energy acceleration. Or maybe splashing into durant?

also: garbodor completely erases all usefulness of Mew Ex and Shedinja

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Rotomdabomb said:
Soo should I run switch instead of skyarrow , uummmm no I don't think so! I'm not trying to be rude but durant is a very tight fitting deck I don't have space for 2-4 switch.

Use both, if you want. I think a Durant deck has plenty of space for adding only 2 Switch.

Rotomdabomb

Aspiring Trainer
Since vileplume is out I thought GARDEVOIR!!! But the I realized garbodor's ability counters gardevoir's ability so ya...:(

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Palbert6393 said:
don't forget though garbodor also shuts off gothitelle, so the only way to trainer/ability lock is with zebstrika. i think it could be useful in 6 corners because it would shut off all your opponents energy acceleration. Or maybe splashing into durant?

also: garbodor completely erases all usefulness of Mew Ex and Shedinja

Garbordor will be a great card now that its a reprint of Fossil Muk. But you wont be able to use any of your abilities either, which sorta sucks.

Rotomdabomb said:
Since vileplume is out I thought GARDEVOIR!!! But the I realized garbodor's ability counters gardevoir's ability so ya...:(

exactly

Rotomdabomb

Aspiring Trainer
Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
It also won't stop Typhlosion, seeing how it is not an Ability.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't typhlosion be rotated out too?

Celebi23 said:
Garbodor won't stop Junk Arm or Juniper.

Again won't junk arm be rotated out?

Celebi23 said:
Garbodor/Gothitelle also sounds pretty cool, but it depends on how much Mewtwo is still around by then.
Or it's foreshadowing that there will be more cards like Ho-oh-EX. Hopefully. Lol.

Garbodor's ability counters gothitelles ability!!!

DNA

Advanced Member
@Rotomdabomb: Yeah, good point. Both of those cards will probably be long gone by the time Garbodor hits the States anyway.
I keep forgetting about rotation and time issues, silly me :p

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Gothitelle is not stopped by Garbador. Gothitelle locks trainers, so they wouldn't be able to attach tools. Garbador isn't as broken as people think it is. Tool Scrapper kills it.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
And Terrakion keeps getting better...big Basics are taking over for sure.

I am strongly digging the Shiny Serperior. Very nice.

DNA

Advanced Member
Serperior said:
And Terrakion keeps getting better...big Basics are taking over for sure.

I am strongly digging the Shiny Serperior. Very nice.
I vote for the return of Take Out in BW6. Who's with me?

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Hmmm something is strange... anyone else notice that we haven't got reprints of Sp Metal or Sp Dark Energies. At first I thought that Registeel EX was going to be this amazing tank, able to reduce 80 damage every turn with it's second attack and 4
Sp Metal energy and Eviolight, but now it just isn't as impressive.

I don't think we'll ever see sp metal/darkness energies again, to be honest. After all, now that we have basic metal and darkness energies, there's really no reason why PCL would single out certain types to recieve a huge advantage like that. I think PCL considers them an unnecessary mechanic from a bygone era. The subject of sp metal/darkness energies just hasn't gotten much attention because of all the other changes which are going on in the game.

27th_wonder

pegasus boots: hyrule's finest and fastest
Unfallible said:
I don't think we'll ever see sp metal/darkness energies again, to be honest. After all, now that we have basic metal and darkness energies, there's really no reason why PCL would single out certain types to recieve a huge advantage like that. I think PCL considers them an unnecessary mechanic from a bygone era. The subject of sp metal/darkness energies just hasn't gotten much attention because of all the other changes which are going on in the game.

based on the way the game has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded the mechanic so those types don't have the advantage. They could apply the damage change effects to other energies or, maybe, follow the course of rescue energy to rescue ribbon, where it becomes a tool card instead.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I vote for the return of Take Out in BW6. Who's with me?

This would be nice, but it would be unfair to pokemon EX

It's worth pointing out that due to the Level X mechanic, Take Out never had an opportunity to target pokemon ex in it's format. One attack to take 2 prizes guaranteed would push EXs out of the format. the only way they could justify that exchange is to give it to a pokemon EX itself, but then it be a basic pokemon, which means you end up with a more powerful "mewtwo struggle".

So if the do reprint the attack, they have 2 choices.
1. Make a new set of EX cards as stage 1s, even though this would break the legendaries only rule

2. they give the attack a very high cost or recoil effect, but this risks the attack being ineffective and unplayble.

they're screwed either way really

DNA

Advanced Member
The whole point of bringing back Take Out is to take the focus off of big gigantic Basics. Maybe a bit of a condition for Take Out would be nice to make it fair - it was on a Stage 2 before, so why not put it on a Stage 2 now? (Putting it on a Basic would be incredibly silly.) I'd just like to see it back in some form or another. It gives a chance for more things to thrive, I feel.

Edit: I looked at Slaking's attack; the translation is listed as:
[C][C][C][C] Crushing Blow: 100 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon.
But I see absolutely nothing about flipping a coin on the card itself.

Edit2: Some of the Goods cards say "Trainer" or even "Item" instead of "Goods" on the translation, even saying "You can play as many Trainer cards as you like during your turn". A minor thing, but still a bit odd to see...

27th_wonder

pegasus boots: hyrule's finest and fastest
It would be great to see it back, but it just seems really hard to balance.

the game has accelerated a lot since Take Out's day, and getting a stage 2 in the BW+ format will be hard as the EX's can hit harder and faster. Good luck setting up once twins gets rotated.

Status
Not open for further replies.