(1) 'Boundaries Crossed' IceShock Theme Deck List [10/27]

Lovin' it, lovin' it, lovin' it! That'll do my Magmortar card I owe from the previous set very nicely. If Blastoise is in the Black Kyurem deck, then we ONLY MIGHT see Charizard in the White Kyurem deck.

Glace said:
Are the Black Kyurems EXs?

Sincerely doubt it. They've never put EXs/Lv.Xs in theme decks. I'm thinking it will be the non-EX version...

Really nice to see Blastoise in the theme deck. The price will probably drop because of that and that gives another way to get it (and Skyla too which is fantastic).

dmaster out.

No, its the regular Black/white Kyurem. They are non-holo rares in the set and haven't been released in japan as far as I know.

Really hoping Charizard is in the other theme deck.

Having Blastoise and Skyla in the deck is nice, at least Blastoise won't get too expensive now.
If Charizard is in the other deck, that woud be awesome as well :D

This is why I stick to Yugioh; the cover cards of the structure decks are actually good and are likely the reason you are buying the said structure deck.

White Kyurem's on the site now. Since there's no topic for it but it's part of the theme decks, I'll post my thoughts here:

I'm quite underwhelmed by it. For a basic it's of course great, but we've been spoiled so much by basics this is quite "meh". Its first attack will quite likely deal only either 0 or 20 damage (anything else requires tons of luck), and 80 damage for 4 energy is nothing special either, not even with its 50/50 chance to deal 40 damage more (especially not when considering requiring 2 different colors is stricter than usual). And especially not when considering it's White Kyurem's only "real" attack.

EDIT: And I see Black Kyurem's now on as well. Its first attack is better (White Kyurem needs 3 heads in a row to be better, and Black Kyurem is more reliable since flipping tails on the first coin flip still allows the second coin flip to go through), but it's still only an attack dealing an average 20 damage for 2 energy. And then its second attack: it deals the same average damage as White Kyurem's second attack, only instead of a coin deciding it's 20 less or 20 more (80 or 120, instead of flat-out 100), you need to discard an energy, which is worse. So, definitely underwhelming as well. Even worse.

Bo$$_89 said:
Wait a theme deck worth buying? What is this wizardry?

OMG TPCi making good theme decks. BKyurem + Blastoise is a good combo for a theme deck. It also includes Jellicent which is decent to make a rogue deck. Skyla in a theme deck is awesome. The biggest problem for the theme deck (apart for many pokemon and low supporter count + bad trainers) is the high amount of energies. After having the scans for BKyurem, would it be possible to make a deck revolving around it? Maybe with eels or blastoise could be good.

Edit: I'm going to post something here about the latest scans as there isn't (or at least I couldn't find) a thread for the latests scans. Would it be possible for Shaymin to replace Emolga? They both search for the same amount of pokemon for the same cost and same HP. Shaymin may not have free retreat but it has a better weakness than emolga. Is there any intersting pokemon from the set (not counting EXs, Dusknoir, Vileplume and BK/WK)?

That Switch is going to be great! 4 copies will be ran in every deck, perhaps it'll replace Catcher! :p

http://pokebeach.com/scans/boundaries-crossed/135-switch.jpg

I will hoard all the FA Bianca I can get my hands on.

Usually, I like SOME Sugimori artwork, but this set has a greater amount of them than CoL. Probably not going to PR's, and henceforth might get the decks (but will still need cards like Electivire and Blastoise if it's holo).

Weird how we're getting Meloetta as its barely been revealed, though.

Also, why do some of the scans look fine and others are off (mainly second post on main page)?

Looks like switch is the new BDIF. I don't know how that will work but I'll make it work.

Trainerhan1 said:
Looks like switch is the new BDIF. I don't know how that will work but I'll make it work.

Switch BC/Jumpluff DRE/Emolga EP/BadBoar
Strategy:
Play a bunch of weird cards, then play Switch from BC, claim your name is TPCI, and win. :p

don()shinobi said:
This is why I stick to Yugioh; the cover cards of the structure decks are actually good and are likely the reason you are buying the said structure deck.

And Yugioh is now cheaper than Pokemon. You can get a tournament worthy Main Deck for under $50. Just buy 3 of any of the new Structure Decks and assorted singles here and there.

Back