(1) 'Best Wishes' Previews Show Exciting Changes to the Animé [8/26]

Valtron

Aspiring Trainer
Ash looks more feminine now. And I still think these new Pokemon look whimpy and too cutesy. However, I do like that they're improving the storyline of the show. That's very good.

Dragon_Tamer_85

Aspiring Trainer
Valtron said:
And I still think these new Pokemon look whimpy and too cutesy.

Being cutesy and whimpy doesn't matter at this point, as long as you love the games then its alright. Though the game is more "adult" oriented now, they still want to keep it "child" based, thus the cutesy and whimpy looks we are receiving, you can't blame Nintendo for trying. -shrugs-

Besides, not every pokemon can be ugly and intimidating like gyarados, and with this being a newer region away from the standard Japanese based ones means we're going to get a whole lot of new based things. Frankly I think all of the Isshu region along with the pokemon is what I've been expecting and more! Kind of glad I put a reserve on my favorite pokemon and favorite region now, because everytime new information comes out or new pokemon are revealed it pleases me.

Back on the topic of the episodes; I love the graphics, and it'd be cool if Dento wasn't a professional pervert like Brock. A change is always good, though the creepy fanboy doesn't add an interesting subplot to the show. Ash's new look is by far better than his older on from the Diamond&Pearl saga. Kibago and Isis look plain weird, I would have much rather had White (the girl from the new game) as Ash's traveling friend then this chick.

Dento appearing as his other friend just screams REPEAT, simply because Brock was the first gym leader who trailed Ash after losing to him. Change is good, but everything remaining the same is kind of OLD.

Blizzz

Mamoswine all the way
Dragon_Tamer_85 said:
Being cutesy and whimpy doesn't matter at this point, as long as you love the games then its alright. Though the game is more "adult" oriented now, they still want to keep it "child" based, thus the cutesy and whimpy looks we are receiving, you can't blame Nintendo for trying. -shrugs-

Besides, not every pokemon can be ugly and intimidating like gyarados, and with this being a newer region away from the standard Japanese based ones means we're going to get a whole lot of new based things. Frankly I think all of the Isshu region along with the pokemon is what I've been expecting and more! Kind of glad I put a reserve on my favorite pokemon and favorite region now, because everytime new information comes out or new pokemon are revealed it pleases me.

Back on the topic of the episodes; I love the graphics, and it'd be cool if Dento wasn't a professional pervert like Brock. A change is always good, though the creepy fanboy doesn't add an interesting subplot to the show. Ash's new look is by far better than his older on from the Diamond&Pearl saga. Kibago and Isis look plain weird, I would have much rather had White (the girl from the new game) as Ash's traveling friend then this chick.

Dento appearing as his other friend just screams REPEAT, simply because Brock was the first gym leader who trailed Ash after losing to him. Change is good, but everything remaining the same is kind of OLD.

Wow...First everyone one screams, "We want the old anime back!!!" Now we get it and people complain!? Seriously?? The art is amazing, ash's new outfit is amazing, everything is looking great.

SkySheild21

Pepe Master
Ryukouki said:
I remember the first season was a new gym battle every 5-6 episodes, and in the recent saga it's a battle every 5 months... UGGGH. I'm glad they're changing it back to the way it should be.
I know! I am sooo glad that they are changing to to the way it should be. I am also glad Ash Picked a water type again.

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Wow, I have a newfound respect for this season, it's starting to look pretty good.
Now, if Iris just gets a haircut... >_>

JRT

Aspiring Trainer
I for one have to say I disagree with the Reason Brock left. As someone who tries to disect Manga and Video Games influence on an Anime, I believe Brock leaving is an Anime Decision. We as the fans have loved Brock and Misty for a very long time, but I understand that they wanted to add a story of Misty taking over the gym and since Ash Went to the Hoenn region, they could include May. Now they want to mix it up and make things interesting like when Tracy replaced Brock. That's whay I believe, just mixing up the story and making it interesting and not about making Brock a promotional tool, twisting our hearts.

Firemaker

FC 4639-6252-3385
This looks awesome! The art looks epic. I'm not too sure how I feel about the fast episodes. I hate fillers, but I don't want this to only last one season and then next year is the 6th gen. I'm guessing they'll add a Battle Frontier or something like that and extend the duration a couple of years.

It's too bad I'll have to wait another 6-9 months for this to be dubbed.

BlackSamurai2

Aspiring Trainer
This trailer showed how Ash got a Mamepato. Pikachu used Iron tail on it and it showed Ash with his "I just caught a Pokemon stance." And ash always gets the Bird Pokemon of the region.

blastoise91

Im a BBoy xD
See thats gonna be the hard thing for me i dont know if i want to wait for the english Best Wishes or Japanses Best Wishes. Man its gonna be hard! :)

~Blastoise91~

The Spook

Now is going to get Spooky
Tsutaja is using Grass Mixer into Pikachu and smashes him in a wall and Ash get's surprised.It was so amazing and powerful !

Rotom479

Stuff Goes Here
Rotom479 approves this message. I may start watching the animé again. However, orange-eyed Ash will take time to get used to. Same goes to you, Dento (he looks like a Mii... o_O).

RangerX

Hands off my Pokémon!
ONE WORD AWESOME XD

Its about time the changed the Anime i stoped watching it around the end of the johto Season.Now i will start watching it again,my japanese is not great but i start watching it in japanese.:D
Ash's new look i love it!! Its a fresh look and his eye's are Kool:p One other thing is Iris ....I like her she's diffrent like the fact that she's NOT the girl that we pick in the start of the Game's we did't have that since the very first Season.

Dento looks good cant wait to see what he brings to the show lol i also wonder are they going to have a Billion movie's to go with this season like the DP season they had 4 i think thats a bit much dont ya think? They really milked that story alot about Dilaga and Plakia.:)
Any whoo i cant wait !!!

Only 23 more days to Know all the New Pokémon cant waitXD

Mata ne:p

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Awesome so we will see pretty much like the first season when Ash started out. The First season was the best so this will be fun XD. Will have to check out the video later though XD.:)

patrick329

It's Kyogre! What can I say?
Ugh. I'd like to know what they define as fast paced? maybe 2 years of the same series instead of what, four? Also, what type of name is Best Wishes?

orkoni1

Aspiring Trainer
Wait so we'll have to wait six months from when it starts for it to be dubbed in english?! Argh, gonna have to find it online somewhere *o*

Also I'm glad they've replaced Brock and Misty (sorry I like them but Brocks character is a bit tiring now, plus he never got a gf, which is sad really), plus I think Iris will be like Misty but more awesome personality wise (not puting into consideration at all what ppl's opinions are about the way she looks, her personality is what's gonna win ppl over). I wonder though if Dento will be like Brock but after guys rather than girls LOL j/k XD

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I just saw the video and yeah he looks better than ever now. Hopefully he will be smarter like he was until season 9 started. After season 8 started he kind of slumped a bit in his smartness and was not as funny but was still watchable though.:)

lotusoftheleaf

Just a-wanderin'...
Wow! Just.. wow! This season's animation looks terrific! I love Ash's new eyes, but what's up with Dento's? :p

Mijumaru is so adorable, but I also love Tsutaaja's bad attitude. I'm really hoping the Pokémon have more personality this season. Each Pokémon should be a character itself an not just some mindless thing that gets summoned to fight and serves no other purpose. Even in the first season, the Pokémon didn't have much personality aside from the goofy, prankster Haunter Ash encountered in Pokémon Tower and that's why I think that Haunter is so awesome. I want this season to change that.

I also hope this season will be a little bit more mature. I doubt it could ever get as deep as something like FullMetal Alchemist or Naruto, but I think it could manage to be both kid friendly and entertaining for adults. To be honest, the only reason I used to watch the anime was just to see my favorite Pokémon moving around and battling in full animation. Other than that, it was pretty boring. Wandering around to get to another town might be exciting in the games, but it's not so fun to watch a cartoon about that.

I'm looking forward to seeing Best Wishes, but only if I can find subbed episodes online. I can't stand the dubbed voices.

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
fast paced probably just means less filler so shorter seasons... In order to truly redeem itself in my eyes it needs to clear and and become japanese again. This is getting ridiculous.