(1) August's English Set: 'Plasma Blast' [5/16]

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
If so, then we can expect the Genesect movie and Shiny Genesect and Mewtwo to be distributed in August.

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
And I do believe that EX Battle Boost was just a filler set for Japan while we got Megalo Cannon. That would explain why Genesect had it's TCG set debut in March. So we could get it in August and that would put us at the same place as Japan. Then we would be on schedule for XY TCG this fall

Think about it: Why else would Japan get Genesect in their TCG months ahead of the movie? When Pokemon usually debut around the time of their movie in Japan in July.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Further proof that TPCI uses a name generator. I know they're still going with the Plasma theme, but did they really have to use the most generic term EVER for a ranged attack not involving physical projectiles?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I demand from this set a fantastic assortment of every single BW-era card we've yet to receive in English.

In reality, we'll probably get exactly what WPM said in the news post. Sad face.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Darn; no giant BW9 + BW10 set. Oh well. I can still hope that Plasma Blast has EX Battle Boost cards in it.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really hoping we get some Battle Boost cards in this, because they have some amazing artwork, and it'd be a shame if they never got a global release

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Metalizard said:
I thought it was going to be Plasma Cannon lol...

Me too. ;p That's what I said to someone last week. Not too far off lol.

dmaster out.

D.N.A

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still of the opinion we'll get Battle Boost as our final set of the year...

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Close to the name (IDK if I said exactly Plasma Blast but I said something about "Plasma (something to do with Cannons but it wasn't Cannon exactly). I hope we get part of the EX Battle Boost, it has amazing art work.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
English names are always so stupid and childish. Stormfront compared to Japan's "Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky", Triumphant compared to "Clash at the Summit", and so forth. Black and White Collection even sounds better than just Black and White.

Would it have even hurt to have used Plasma Cannon?

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Do you guys realize that there is a connection here?

The set is based off Genesect right? Genesect, Genesis?

The Japanese set is called Megalo Cannon, and Genesect uses Drives. Mega Drive?

The English set is called Plasma Blast. Blast Processing?

Hello? Anyone?

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
D.N.A said:
I'm still of the opinion we'll get Battle Boost as our final set of the year...

If they're going to release the games simultaneously, they need to release the card game simultaneously, too.

Wilderness

Aspiring Trainer
Really not liking the name of this set. I do like/appreciate the Plasma Pokemon cards, but at the same time I'm quite glad it's finally at it's end; time to refresh!

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Teeboy23 said:
Well they sure didn't use "Dragon Blast" for Dragons Exalted . .

I wonder why it was Dragons Exalted instead of Exalted Dragons.

Every set had that kind of naming...

Emerging Powers
Noble Victories
Next Destinies
Dark Explorers
Exalted Dragons
Crossed Boundaries

The last two decides to flip it. Guess it sounded better.

Back on the subject of Plasma Blast...

... Aw c'mon Plasma Genesis sounds so much cooler.