(1) All BW9 ‘Megalo-Cannon’ + ‘Blastoise + Kyurem-EX Combo Deck’ Scans and Translations! [3/13]

Lots of great grass support this set, with Virizion EX and Genesect EX being the main ones.
Really liking the new tools, should help the non-ex's compete a bit more, and it makes bouffer bouffalant amazing.
Cradily is the other one that caught my eye, as it seems to be like Garchomp LV.X in that it bypasses the basic to get the stage 2.
Very excited for this set, although it'll be a while before we see it....

Virizion EX is terrible so are all the other EX's. (Excluding gensesect)
Iris is okay.
That shiny exeggcute is amazing!
Has a lot of good trainers though.

Overall i'm disappointed with the water types in the set, Carracosta being outclassed by Archeops :(. But some cards here are viable, Sigilyph is very interesting, i'm definitely playing Iris, and Caitlin is a good supporter! The Super Scoop Up is bad, especially for an ACE SPEC...I think someone wanted Virizion to have status protection (or maybe made a fake card of it), Well, looks like that was psychic :p. I love the artwork on the new Wartortle, though it's second attack should really be Water Colorless & bubble should do 10 damage. And now, time for the montage of the forgotten legendaries that weren't EXs - Regice, Regirock, Suicune, and Arceus. BTW they didn't make Shiny Cobalion :p. So overall, I sort of like Plasma Freeze better.

I have to say this is an amazing set, with cards such as Virizion-EX, Genesect-EX, all the various tool cards, and more Plasma support too (Reversal Trigger being my favorite. Get ANY card when a Plasma Pokemon you control is attacked; that's brilliant!). Plus, the secret rares are quite surprising!

BW9 is shaping up to be absolutely brilliant, and I hope we do not have to wait too long to get it here in the US.

>Still no Swampert or Tyranitar.

OKmeme.jpg

I'm not gonna complain though. I just hope we really do get a BW10 and/or XY1 beyond picks up where the BW sets left off.

Well, honestly, I was expecting only 4 EX so I am pleasantly surprised.

Not sure what is going on with the Shiny Exeggcute though.

love the trainers that mirror card is great and Caitlin supporter is amazing! (reminds me that female angel magic card from yugioh)
why suicune is so lame? i don't even like the artwork ... they should made him more playable.

Virizion EX seems to be the only Grass accelerator which is great and which means you can power up a Genesect EX by T2, Jirachi EX is bad IMO because 90 HP for an EX, that just sucks because Rayquaza DRV,Garhomp DXA, Infernape PLS can OHKO. I love the new trainers and the Scoop Up Cyclone Ace Spec is interesting.

...I do not like that we got shiny Exeggcute. Not because of anything against the card, but because before now, I didn't think Pokemon that weren't fully evolved could be shiny cards... If there is another BW set, we may yet get an Eelektrik reprint. >.>

I am going to have a lot of fun with Cradily, Sigilyph, Haxorus, Silver Bangle, Iris and Caitlin... I like this set overall, but not "OMG, must have" like, though I haven't felt that way for quite a while.

RiverShock said:
...I do not like that we got shiny Exeggcute. Not because of anything against the card, but because before now, I didn't think Pokemon that weren't fully evolved could be shiny cards...

we said the same thing about trainer cards
i guess the whole shiny thing is more for collectors

Well, I once thought that Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf would be made to be SRs. To my disappointment, they're only ones that could be easily got. I hope they could be SRs in the next serie. Though I'm ready to pour money into them, I still have to wait. Love these cute things!

To all of you who think the EX's suck; I'm pretty sure that's the whole point. There's so many cards in this set designed to stop EX's in their tracks. I'm actually glad that TPCi is attempting to lower the power creep and stop EX's from being the entire metagame.

Overall, the set is pretty underwhelming aside from the overly godly trainers and the fact that Virizion EX stops Hypnotoxic Laser. There's some weird gimmicks like Cradilly, but this set literally just seems designed to make EX's less viable. I'm looking forward to the format that this may bring.

Also that Sigilyph is hilarious.

Yay a new set!

I like the new fossil Mechanic. I like that the "basics" can be so easily put on the bottom of your deck for rivival. And Cradilly has a lot of potential with the first attack (gives evolution something).

Tropius: Finally a good, cheap counter to Keldeo! If Blastoise/Keldeo is still a thing, this will be teched into a lot of decks.

Virizion EX: Not terrible. The damage output is bad, but the built in energy acceleration could really help grass decks make a comeback.

Genesect: Good attack (though Darkrai's night spear is better). The built in catcher is also good, but it's not broken. It's pretty balanced. Powerful without being broken and has some ace specs that give this a lot of potential.

WHY DID THEY MAKE LAPRAS SO BAD??? It's one of my favorite pokemon!

Finally an Eelectross that might be worth playing. Works really well with Eels.

Drifblim will see play as long as Plasma pokemon see play. Against plasma decks, this can basically attack for free. Against non plasma decks, it's a colorless attacker that discards energy. Not bad either way.

Sigilypth, four giant cape and four eviolite. That will be a fun deck to try out.

No fighting plasma pokemon. Machamp is meh.

A 90HP EX wow. Wonder if it's worth the risk for a free supporter.

Dialga EX: This plus TP Beartic for mill/beatdown deck. Don't know how good it will be, but it's an idea.

Palkia EX: Crap.

Haxorus: Auto knockout for plasma pokemon and a pretty good first attack. Is it worth a stage 2? Time will tell.

Porygon Z: It can move plasma energy to non plasma pokemon. Might be good with plasma frigate, but again, it's a stage 2.

Ursaring: *looks at first attack* WHY WOULD YOU EVER USE THAT?

Good choices for EX's. I would have liked 6, but then I realized that this was only one set, so we got lucky with 5 instead of 4. I really hope there is at least one more set with EX's, but unless the new generation keeps the gimmick, I think this will be the last right? Shouldnt the next set after this be a November release for English?

I can't believe they're reprinting Catcher in the new set.... Other than that the set looks interesting and may come up with come very interesting deck ideas. LOL dat Sigilyph

Back