(1) ALL ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Scans! [10/20-10/28]

The Toxicroak is interesting... It's kind of like a new Terrakion with it's strengths and weaknesses. It would be an easy revenge-killer, because you don't even need a 2nd energy to attack, so you could have a Croagunk on your bench, and if your opponent kills it, you could just send out another, evolve it, and get the 90 damage recoil. If your opponent uses a Mewtwo, they would have to kill one at a time, and when they kill one, you would just send out the next and revenge kill because of weakness (pluspower if Mewtwo is eviolited). All available to level ball, so you can get them out easily, and super rods to put them back in the deck. Also has a low retreat cost, so getting it out of the way to max potion it is easy, if necessary. Poison Jab would just take a DCE and would deal the killing poison if the revenge doesn't kill them. My idea for a rough deck list.
  • 4 catchers (like usual)
  • 4 Toxicroak
  • 4 Croagunk
  • 4 level balls
  • 2-3 super rods
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 2-3 DCE
  • 3-4 Gaint capes
  • 1-2 Skyarrow (Just in case Croagunk gets catchered and you don't want to wast an energy)
  • 2 max potions
  • 3 N
  • 3 Cheren
  • 2 Juniper
    • (2 Aspertia instead of Skyarrow for a total 110 HP (and 130 if using giant cape))
BTW does anyone know if Jellicent's ability can be stacked?

Mr. Pokeguy said:
The Toxicroak is interesting... It's kind of like a new Terrakion with it's strengths and weaknesses. It would be an easy revenge-killer, because you don't even need a 2nd energy to attack, so you could have a Croagunk on your bench, and if your opponent kills it, you could just send out another, evolve it, and get the 90 damage recoil. If your opponent uses a Mewtwo, they would have to kill one at a time, and when they kill one, you would just send out the next and revenge kill because of weakness (pluspower if Mewtwo is eviolited). All available to level ball, so you can get them out easily, and super rods to put them back in the deck. Also has a low retreat cost, so getting it out of the way to max potion it is easy, if necessary. Poison Jab would just take a DCE and would deal the killing poison if the revenge doesn't kill them. My idea for a rough deck list.
  • 4 catchers (like usual)
  • 4 Toxicroak
  • 4 Croagunk
  • 4 level balls
  • 2-3 super rods
  • 10 Psychic Energy
  • 2-3 DCE
  • 3-4 Gaint capes
  • 1-2 Skyarrow (Just in case Croagunk gets catchered and you don't want to wast an energy)
  • 2 max potions
  • 3 N
  • 3 Cheren
  • 2 Juniper
    • (2 Aspertia instead of Skyarrow for a total 110 HP (and 130 if using giant cape))
BTW does anyone know if Jellicent's ability can be stacked?
Asperita City Gym only works on colorless Pokemon.

xGallade said:
How come Crystal Wall and Crystal Edge aren't attachable to the regular Black and White Kyurems respectively? Why only the EX versions? They would be so much better and more playable. :(
Given how the normal Black and White Kyurem cards are currently English-exclusive and didn't even exist in the CF/FB sets, that would be very confusing indeed.

xGallade said:
How come Crystal Wall and Crystal Edge aren't attachable to the regular Black and White Kyurems respectively? Why only the EX versions? They would be so much better and more playable. :(

Technically, you can attach Crystal Edge/Wall to any Pokemon; they just don't have any effect on anything except BK-EX and WK-EX.

It wouldn't make them any more playable, though. It would certainly make them hit harder and live longer, but all it takes is one Tool Scrapper and there goes your one ACE SPEC.

Rares breakdown by set:
BW: 29% rares
EP: 33% rares
NV: 31% rares
ND: 46% rares
DE: 39% rares
DragEx: 41% rares
BC: 39% rares
PS: 40% rares

It's definitely not worth it running something inferior just for a single ACE SPEC that you need the luck of the draw for, and doesn't allow any other ACE SPEC. I'd much rather run Gold Potion (yes, GP instead of Computer Search. If CS wasn't an ACE SPEC it would be a staple for me, but as an ACE SPEC, I rather have something that works on its own, rather than something that requires a hand refresher (either in hand already or fetched by CS) afterwards).

OK, this is completely speculation, but if the next rotation was Boundaries Crossed on, then it would make sense to put crap in this set so we have some of our old staples (switch is pretty much it). It could also be that Plasma Gale is a ridiculously small set so they're saving the good cards for it. That seems like the most likely scenario to me. Anyway, PRs this weekend for me.

xGallade said:

Because we don't like regular pokemon with 300 HP.
Also, the set is still good (I keep saying this lol) it would just have been better with the 4 trainers that were removed, but I have a hunch that they will be in our version of the Shiny Collection.

Charizard + Celebi. EX
Charmeleon's rage with Charizard's high HP. Charmander used for occasional draw in to get energy, use bomb drop or his other attack for the kill or double kill

Mr. Pokeguy said:
Charizard + Celebi. EX
Charmeleon's rage with Charizard's high HP. Charmander used for occasional draw in to get energy, use bomb drop or his other attack for the kill or double kill

I dont really see that working... I mean Gigas doesn't see much play despite having a good first attack, the ability to abuse DCE and eviolite, higher health, and not having to use a low health EX pokemon like Celebi.

Palbert6393 said:
Mr. Pokeguy said:
Charizard + Celebi. EX

I dont really see that working... I mean Gigas doesn't see much play despite having a good first attack, the ability to abuse DCE and eviolite, higher health, and not having to use a low health EX pokemon like Celebi.

Gigas first attack isn't that good. {C}{C}{C} for 60 is bad. You can add 20 but you do 20 damage to yourself. 80 isn't good enough in this format with the 180 HP pokemon. I agree with saying that Celebi EX gives problem because of catcher with its pretty low HP.

I'm so upset that they took Exploud out. I wanted to make that "Round" deck so bad.

Swift89 said:
I'm so upset that they took Exploud out. I wanted to make that "Round" deck so bad.

Me too. I played a Seismituff for States last format. :'(

He's lying. He doesn't know.
He got his reasoning from me.

Originally FA Skyla was in the Plasma Gale set, but when that set comes over here it would make sense to stuff it full of Plasma cards which will one day be created (and lo and behold, we got more Plasma cards in the form of those full art Giratina/Darkrai). Thus, it made sense to bring Skyla forward so you have it and the non-FA version in the same set.

Also, in regards to the mysterious 9th Full Art (remember how Cheren was 148/149), Skyla made the most sense to fill the gap.

Back