•Purple Juice•™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
OK, so I'm working on Charmander right now (for some reason I just feel like doing the entire Charizard line :/) This time, I smudged out the splattered part of the background, and then added a stock as well but I think it is a bit hard to see. It won't be posted until tomorrow, though. I'm pretty busy.

xxJytzxx

Aspiring Trainer
Take your time man. This will give you time to think over anything that you might want to edit. Good luck.

monpyro97

I'm back !
xxJytzxx said:
Cool, youre in. So you wanna be tutored? Well, I have msn messenger. If you can provide your msn, if would make things much easier.

[email protected]
OK my msn [email protected]

heres a banner that i made i know its prety bad
790739d6d5e32ba20f8d889da0ebbac3.png

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
^The text is rather hard to read. It not only has a color that makes it difficult to see in front of the red, but with the smudging... yeah. Also, the background is lacking decent effects. Did you read to the tutorial I posted?

xxJytzxx

Aspiring Trainer
monpyro97 said:
OK my msn [email protected]

heres a banner that i made i know its prety bad
790739d6d5e32ba20f8d889da0ebbac3.png

hmmm
I think you can actually work something with those colors...

Use the dodge tool to lighten up some areas near the focal. Use some type of soft for the red on the pokemon (perhaps use some type of red/pink color for the soft brush). Make sure the layer mode is set to screen with perhaps a decent opacity of 70 or lower. The text seems too big for the piece and is out of placement. I'd suggest getting rid of it, altogether.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yeah, here's the tag I've been working on:

Charmander_tag_by_Gliscorz.png

There isn't really any of that "fire" effect that you gave me, Jytz. I tried to do it so many times, but for some reason I can't get the shape. I'm still working on it though. Luckily, I've saved this tag as a PSD too so I can just go back and edit this tag with the fire when I get it done.

monpyro97

I'm back !
Gliscor said:

There isn't really any of that "fire" effect that you gave me, Jytz. I tried to do it so many times, but for some reason I can't get the shape. I'm still working on it though. Luckily, I've saved this tag as a PSD too so I can just go back and edit this tag with the fire when I get it done.

I really like this one

xxJytzxx

Aspiring Trainer
Gliscor said:

Hey at least you took the intuitive to try it out. It takes time to perfect a skill, so dont beat yourself up. I'm not really sure if the text is appreciated, so bland like that. How would it look like if it wasnt in the shape thingy

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Do you mean the popout part...? Hmm... I don't really know, since I first took out that part and then put the images/shadow/whatever on it. I'll probably have to try that out.

xxJytzxx

Aspiring Trainer
Try light orange as a color for the text and go over the text with a white brush, making stripes in the text.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
monpyro97 said:
I have a Problem on Photoshop cs4 My text is hiding behind the image so i cant see him

Umm... then move the text layer above the image layer.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Just go to the layer box, find the text layer, click it, drag it up, and then drop. So yeah, what you said.

Johnny Phantom

The box sign boy!
I would like to enter!
Name: Johnny Phantom
What types of gfx are you interested in: Banner/Avatar/Userbar
How long have you been doing this: About an year
What program do you use: GIMP, Fireworks
5 examples of your best art:
flowerpower_banner.png
aaron_avy.png
snorlax_banner2.png
fireprince_2.png
cynthia_userbar_2.png
What position would you want to apply for: Member

I wanna learn more to do better works!
Thanks for the attention!

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
I'm going to have another tag uploaded soon. I've been extremely busy lately, so I haven't been able to go on to Photoshop as much. I'm trying out a new style, so it might not be great at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.