“VSTAR Universe” Set Officially Revealed, Features New Art Rares!

I absolutely love all of these cards. As a die hard Darkrai fan, I am still very sad that there is no special art love for Darkrai V/Vstar. Not even a full art. I find it interesting since Darkrai was the box boy. :(

I know this set will mainly have reprints but is it possible we still see new VStar Pokemon like Pikachu or the Galar starters?

Finally, a Manaphy alt art! It always felt like there should be one. That Zoroark... Wow. Might be my favorite artwork out of the entirety of SWSH.

I absolutely love all of these cards. As a die hard Darkrai fan, I am still very sad that there is no special art love for Darkrai V/Vstar. Not even a full art. I find it interesting since Darkrai was the box boy. :(
Darkrai V was not released in a set, it was a deck just like Lucario V. Though Lucario V got a Full Art that Japan is only getting now through a promotion, there is still chance Darkrai V might at least get a FA.

I know this set will mainly have reprints but is it possible we still see new VStar Pokemon like Pikachu or the Galar starters?
There's always some new cards in these reprints, VMAX Climax gave us Mimikyu VMAX for example.

Okay, so I have a little concept that I love to apply to sets like this: I call it the Charizard Party Theorem (CPT).

According to the CPT, it is unwise to pack a set with Ultra Rare/Secret Rare Charizard and not have anything else going for the set. It's infinitely better to pack a set with TONS of other URs/SRs whenever Charizards are present. Obviously, that means that sets like Champion's Path (the most blatant cash grab in TCG history) fail miserably according to the CPT, while sets like Hidden/Shining Fates absolutely DO succeed in the CPT. And it goes without saying that VSTAR Universe passes the CPT with FLYING COLORS.

This is EASILY one of the greatest sets in TCG history, and it goes directly head to head with VMAX Climax and the Shiny sets for supremacy! Everyone's excitement needs to be through the roof for this set!!

There's always some new cards in these reprints, VMAX Climax gave us Mimikyu VMAX for example.
That's really nice to hear, Cinderace is my favorite Pokemon and I really want it to get a VStar (whether or not water types stop consuming the meta)

Deoxys and leafeon are getting one. I wouldn’t rule it out. One of my friends loves darkrai and is hoping the same. I think it will get one based on deoxys and leafeon VStar getting one

My god, those full arts...this is what full arts should've always been. You cannot with a straight face look me in the eye and tell me that this View attachment 16840 is not better than this View attachment 16841. Hope the trend continues in S&V.
The texturing for me is one of my favorite things. If those art rares were textured I’d like them a lot more, but full arts still get some love from me

Did the video confirm any pull rates for VMAX Climax? I want to buy a box but if the pull rate on Special Art Rares is only 1 per box I might actually wait for the English SWSH12.5.

Full arts are so trash, they all look like 5ban cards no matter who illustrated them.
Using 5ban is a pejorative is silly. 5ban is Creatures' internal CG graphics group, and they're responsible for models used Pokédex 3D and Pokédex 3D Pro, which at the time I do recall people saying looked better than the later mainline 3D video games.. but Creatures/5ban was responsible for the models in the mainline 3D video games as well.

The problem is the context in which the models are used and the directions they're given. For the mainline 3D games, the problems were/are issues with rigging and lighting and nonsense about making new models every time (patently false), and for the TCG the problem is the general format of full art cards and the over-saturation of their presence.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this set, love the Alt Art cards and I really do think that these are the modern day Gold Star/Shining cards. I wonder if we will see the return of God Packs again, I hope so?

Back