“Trainer’s Toolkit 2023” Revealed, Contains Arceus V and Arceus VSTAR!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The latest version of the Trainer’s Tookit has just been revealed! It will feature Arceus V and VSTAR, both with new promo artwork that hasn’t been seen in Japan yet.
The toolkit will release on June 9th for $34.99. This is a $5 increase per TPCi’s previous announcement. It will come with the same contents as previous toolkits, including useful Trainers and Energy, sleeves, dice, and game markers.
Keen-eyed Trainers will spot an error on the digital image for Arceus VSTAR. Trinity Nova should be doing 200 damage, not 120+! We’re assuming the real card will be correct, but time will tell.
Everything You Need to Build a Powerful Deck!
Turn your card collection into playable, fun, and competitive Pokémon Trading Card Game...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's interesting, the $10 price increase isn't too surprising considering that TPCi announced that prices in general would be increasing (and with said price increase, I assume that this will come with at least 1-2 SV packs and a fair amount of the Trainer cards coming from said set as well).

My only complaint is that the promo "utility Pokémon" are Arceus V/VSTAR, outside of the artwork you're better off buying 'em as singles and while it still gets tournament results it'll no doubt shift in other decks' favor once Scarlet & Violet are tournament-legal.

Even though Arceus won't get anything new to accelerate to going forward (since it can only accelerate to V's), at least we finally have an easy to buy product that comes with Arceus VSTAR.

On another note I think the sleeve design is the least attractive of the toolkits we've gotten thus far.

Looks like things are lining up for rotation to move to the beginning of a block permanently which is a great change tbh

Even though Arceus won't get anything new to accelerate to going forward (since it can only accelerate to V's), at least we finally have an easy to buy product that comes with Arceus VSTAR.

On another note I think the sleeve design is the least attractive of the toolkits we've gotten thus far.
Eh... to be fair there were points where the price for the Arceus VSTAR Premium Collection (the Amazon-exclusive one) was pretty close to this product, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Also, I just double-checked the results for Japan's recent Champion's League in Aichi (since cards from Scarlet & Violet are legal there) and Arceus VSTAR didn't even get Top 16 there, that's just sad.

It's interesting to note the error of 120+ on Arceus star. It makes me think they initially designed it to do low damage but act as a utility pokemon, but decided to just make it as cracked as possible

I was hoping they would include some of the left over Sword & Shield cards, like Tranquil Park, in this box as promos.

I wish they would list the content on the box similar to the league battle decks. I remember looking at these in store when I was looking for capacious bucket and some other staple cards and just not knowing

Back