Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
After an unusually long delay, Pokemon Japan has officially revealed S10D Time Gazer and S10P Space Juggler! We first discovered their trademarks back in August.
The dual sets will release in Japan on April 8th. They will each feature 67 cards before secret rares.

product-img-1-200x189.png

Time-Gazer-Space-Juggler-Pokemon-TCG-Dialga-Palkia-Origin-Formes-200x107.jpg

dp-d-card-2-143x200.png

dp-p-card-2-143x200.png

The sets feature the Origin Formes of Dialga and Palkia from Legends: Arceus. (Although I’m not sure how Palkia is supposed to juggle anything without arms!) The sets will continue to introduce new Pokemon from the game...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
Irida and Adaman full arts incoming!

Also I’m still hoping we get a regular Pokémon BDSP-themed set. I’d love a full art Cyrus and possibly some of those Gen IV gym leaders.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Magnemite and Mitsuhiro Arita both made their debut in Base Set all those years ago. But only now do we finally have an Arita Magnemite. Not that I actually want the guy to go, but with how many classic artists have taken their leave lately, this would be a boss last cast to end on.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
SOME OF THESE ATTACKS ARE SO GOOD. Dialga Vstar has a very high chance of becoming meta in Standard and ESPECIALLY expanded, with two accelerating magnezones.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Magnezone would have the very same problems Stage 2s have had for years now, but I can see Dialga work with Arceus. Plus we still have Zacian V, energy switch, and metal saucer to super turbo out the Chronos Star.

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
So, I'm pretty sure Dialga was mistranslated. It's not attach to one of your pokemon, it's attach to this pokemon. After the comma, the first 2 characters are ko and no. kono means "this". I'm not sure if this makes the card better, but i do believe it was mistranslated.

Last edited:

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Irida and Adaman full arts incoming!

Also I’m still hoping we get a regular Pokémon BDSP-themed set. I’d love a full art Cyrus and possibly some of those Gen IV gym leaders.
Unfortunately it looks like it's just Barry, Rowan and Cyrus really.

Gen 9 is coming at the end of the year so not enough space for G4 gym leaders unless there's an explosion of FAs in a VMAX Climax like set.

They've been pretty random at adding them in anyway since they went all out starting with SM.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Magnemite and Mitsuhiro Arita both made their debut in Base Set all those years ago. But only now do we finally have an Arita Magnemite. Not that I actually want the guy to go, but with how many classic artists have taken their leave lately, this would be a boss last cast to end on.
Which classic artists have taken their leave?

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
Origin Palkia VStar is a better Suicune V and will see immediate play in most Water decks for the VStar Ability alone.
Rampardos looks like a fun Stage 2 deck.
Hisuian Starters are all meh and may see niche play. Hisuian Samurott is the standout.
Irida is Water Korrina. I am guessing the possible Stadium will be a Brooklet Hill-esque reprint or something to help Origin Palkia set up.
Adaman is Metal Crasher Wake, which is hinting at a possible Mt. Coronet from Ultra Prism reprint.

Origin Dialga VStar is the most interesting one. If we still have Metal Saucer and Zacian V, O-Dialga will likely be the defacto late-game sweeper for Metal. We have Metal Transfer Bronzong, which can move Energy to O-Dialga once Zacian V attacks. Metal Blast comes in to clean up a VMAX or VStar if Zacian V didn't KO. Chornos Star comes into play if the Zacian wasn't KO'd and your opponent still has evolving Vs in play.

For Expanded, O-Dialga VStar is going to warp the format. Going second is already a slugfest, where Turbo decks have Dedenne-GX, Crobat V and a Supporter. Add Dialga-GX, Zacian V, Bronzor with Evolutionary Advantage to get Metal Transfer Bronzong in play on the first turn, Max Elixir, Sky Field, and so on, and it is completely possible to lock your opponent from playing. Turn 1, Dialga-GX's GX Attack, Turn 1 Part 2, O-Dialga VStar's Chronos Star, Turn 1 Part 3, Brave Blade or Metal Burst. I expect Bronzor with Evolutionary Advantage to be banned if this combo is consistent.

Last edited:

The_Rayquaza_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
What is the difference between Dialga and Origin Dialga ??
(I understood Palkia's difference but not Dialga's with their Origin formes).

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
The numbering on Palkia-O and Oshawott seems pretty weird. Shouldn't Palkia-O be first before Oshawott since it was #484? Anyways...

Rowlet/Dartrix/H.Decidueye - too slow, yet interesting nonetheless. If you run the V-immune Decidueye (although Miltank exists, and it is 151x better), you can tech in this Decidueye. 2/2/3-4

Cyndaquil/Quilava/H.Typhlosion - meh. 2/2/3-4

Oshawott/Dewott/H.Samurott - It's Swampert, but not as good as Swampert. 2/2/3-4

Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone - let's get this thing out of the way, it's not good, not even a replacement for Bronzong. Heck, Bronzong isn't a legit Energy Acceleration card since it moves M energy around the board. It is also a Stage 2, and it's very unreliable since you expect 1-3 energy per Magnezone's ability. It only caters Pokemon with cheap yet strong attacks. 2/2/4

Shieldon/Bastiodon - stop trying yourself hard, Bastiodon. You know it won't work on a meta rn. You only good in Pokemon GO. 2/2

Cranidos/Rampardos - suck nuggets, the opponent can easily manipulate it. Although, its nice to see Unidentified Fossil back. 2/3

Dialga-O V/VSTAR - Without Choice Belt, it took 5 energy to even OHKO a simple Pokemon V, which is a lot, and ain't worth it in the long run. Although I like the VSTAR Power, since Dialga-GX saw relevance with that effect. 2/4

Palkia-O V/VSTAR - This one, I am on board with that. For same energy as Suicune V, It can KO any Pokemon V and weak VSTARs. I don't count Choice Belt and Inteleon, obv. since not all the time you rely much on Choice Belt and Inteleon. For VSTAR Power, I am on board! 4/4-5 Defenitely better than Ice Caly since it hit much than Ice Caly on the same attack cost, and 1 less prize liability.

Adaman - Zacian decks. 3

Irida - Water Korrina, will see play. 5 Geodudes.

DragonRage

Rayquaza is pog
Wow.
1) Card arts are great. Indeed, they made the Origin Palkia & Dialga arts look good.
2) As N's Rhyperior said, some of the cards offer a WIDE spectrum of possibilities, but they are just too slow to be used competitively. Even if, for family/friend cups, O-Dialga VSTAR is a killer against unexperienced Trainers. Wait- that's bullying xD
3) Actually, can't wait for the alternate/secret/gold cards. I'm more of a collector than a competitive TCG player, so any alternate arts for V/VSTAR cards would make my day.
4) We don't see any VMAX.. are they gone ? *yay* Actually, I loved VMAXes. Not for their attacks or playability, but their alt arts. Everyone remembers Alt Gengar VMAX ? Alt Mew VMAX ? Plus, the whole flippin' Eeveelution line with Alt Art V/VMAX cards that each told a whole story. So, I hope they'll find a replacement card class to make their artists go wild on. But I'm disgressing.
5) see 1), 2), 3), and 4).
Thanks for your time !! Have a wonderful day !

P.S.: Amoongus is sus. Sorry, had to put it somewhere xDDD